Your All-Time Worst Product Pick

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner. This did not moisturize my hair at all. It left my hair a tangled, knotted, breaking mess and felt like acid on my hands. It was the catalayst for the WORST setback I'd ever had since joining LHCF. I wouldn't go near that stuff again if you paid me.:mad:

Pokahontas said:
I love the Breakage Defense mask! I don't like the shampoo but the mask really empress's me everytime I use it. This is my all time favorite deep conditioner. I can comb through my hair like butter when using this.

Sorry, I know this is supposed to be the worst product thread:lol: . I don't have many extremely bad products but I guess one that I really did not like would be that Pump It Up hairspray by Isoplus. Ughhh....my stylist goes over board with this gunk. When you step into her shop this is what you smell. She actually sprays it on heavily and uses the blow dryer to "freeze" the style in place. Needless to say there is breakage involved.

Oh man, I hate that stuff, too! Freshman year of college I made the mistake of buying the Pump It Up Super Hold Gold. My hair hated it, so I stopped using it. However, my friend who is white/hispanic and I were getting ready to go out to a club, and he didn't have time to go back to his dorm to get hairspray, so I told him to use some of my Pump It Up. He washes his hair like twice a day and told me that it took him like 3 days to get all that gunk outta his hair, HAHAHAHA.

The worst products I've bought would be
Infusium leave-in conditioning cream
Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cream
African Gold Castor Oil
Asha's Mane Attraction

I love ORS but their Hair Mayonnaise is the absolute worst. It left a nasty coating on my hair. I had to wash my hair all over again just to get that mess out. Never again.

another one duckin their head***

Elasta QP Mango butter = heavily coated, hard/dry feeling hair
Silk Elements (in a tube) moisturizing shampoo = wet, tangled mess
Infusion 23 = dry, tangled mess + hair felt "brittle".

ACV = gigantic, mother of all tangled messes (and couldn't shake that pickled pigsfoot salad aroma)

Care Free Curl Gold = ooey gooey slimy mess
Creme of Nature products (all) = coated, nondetangling, dry feeling hair even after it dries.

VO5 - kiwi/lime, strawberries and creme cond., tried these for cowashing. huge mistake. = tangles, dryness and yuck scalp.

Garnier Fructis soft curl cream = sticky gooey mess
Cantu shea butter, no drip hair & scalp oil = oily gooey mess
Mane & Tail Detangler, had me asking, "what's the point?" several times.

lawdy there's a few more - those products have basically "12-stepped" and totally cured my product junky-ism.

Edited to add and co-sign with Miracle on this one:

Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner--Left my hair dry & tangly <---- couldn't believe it and am eagerly waiting for LocksofLuV to tell me how she likes it.

Last edited:
That would be profectiv healthy ends hands down (the one in the pink jar) as well as their oil moisturizer (pink bottle). Perhaps that stuff is just to heavy for my fine strands, but all I know is that my ends started breaking off after about a week. No good.

Second would probably be Lenzi's request. I mean, I just jumped on the bandwagon with that one, and it was useless.

*Enters thread and peaks from behind shatterproof shield...

CON shampoo. I've always done a CWC routine and used to use the ORSOORP as a pre-poo. Now this stuff has never let me down. Well, one day I followed up with some CON (I think I had the one with the red label) and I swear that stuff stripped my hair so much, I though my relaxer had reverted. My hair was hard and tangly for weeks. I tried the green one again a few months later, same thing happened.

~QP Elasta spray setting lotion! Hair was terribly hard and ruined my bottle of KeraCare setting lotion.

~Big bottle of Suave blue or pink gel.

Nine times out of ten I can keep any product from being a total disaster.

All of these totally sucked

1) Pink oil- do I need to say anymore, if you want hard, dry and stiff hair, this one is for you

2) ORS Elasta-Tea setting lotion- hard, hard, hard; had to rewash my hair and it took two weeks before my moisture came back

3)Motions conditioner- the one that everyone uses, makes my hair hard and sticky

~Mizani Mild Rhelaxer--BURNED, BURNED & BURNED SOME 'MO.

~Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner--Left my hair dry & tangly.

~EQP Bodifying Shampoo--Still looking for the body...I think they left it out of my bottle. :( Just stripped every drop of moisture out of my hair.

~All Suave & VO5 products--I've tried a variety & they just don't do a thing at all for my hair.

Hi this is my first post.....been visiting the forum for a while though so I figured I'd get in on this one. I finally found Surge 14 last week and about 5 min after I sprayed it on my scalp it felt like someone poured acid on my head. No matter what I did nothing helped it felt like I had ants crawling in my head for like a week!:eek:

Not a fan of the following:

Aveda Sap Moss whole line...OVERRATED
Phyto Relaxer index 2...HIGHLY OVERPRICED AND OVERRATED (sayin something is overpriced is a lot coming from me)
Pink oil...i agree with everyone else something you wished your mother would have never bought u as a kid

CD Hair Milk & Hair Balm -- totally useless waste of money

I also don't remember the brand name, but some kind of liquid mousse. It said that it can be used as a setting lotion. I tried a rollerset with this stuff and my hair was hard as a rock afterward. :mad:

Infusium 23 leave-in Original, hands down. I thought my hair
was going to snap right off of my head. My hair had never felt
like that in my life.:eek:

*ORS Olive Oil Lotion - Leaves my hair dry and greasy
*Pink Oil Moisturizer - Left my hair dry & crunchy
*Profective Growth Masque - Left my hair matted and tangled
*Ion Moisturizing Treatment - Burnt my scalp! It felt like I had relaxer cream on it. Maybe I was allergic or something:/

CoCoGirl821 said:
Not a fan of the following:

Aveda Sap Moss whole line...OVERRATED
Phyto Relaxer index 2...HIGHLY OVERPRICED AND OVERRATED (sayin something is overpriced is a lot coming from me)

Pink oil...i agree with everyone else something you wished your mother would have never bought u as a kid

*Can't hold my tongue no more because I've read it more than several times....it's been killin me slow....respectfully saying*

I am going to personally apologize on behalf of the Ales Group, Patrick Ales, the creator of Phytotheratrie and Dr. Fatou Batchily-Plat, co-creator of Phytorelaxer and all of the Phyto users that don't find this product to be highly overpriced nor overrated because it works for us and feel that it is indeed worth it. We can agree to disagree on that particular point and it's all good. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion of the product (but you've been dogging my creamy crack out....the cyber stab wounds were getting to me)

Really sorry that this product did not work out for you in your instance. I'm sensing that it was a really, really, really, really......................really bad experience for you. Please remember what works for some heads doesn't work for all, but it doesn't make it a bad product.

Truly hoping that the next relaxing experience that you have will be a more pleasant one than what you have experienced with this particular product and you find the product that works for you.

I don't mind catching a rock....I can deal with it....I've dealt with worse...but I had to get that one out.

*sighs relief at release*

Last edited:
Okay, now to product picks that weren't my friend --

Breakthru Leave in (still think about the trauma that occurred years ago)
Infusium 23
Affirm Relaxer
Affirm 5-n-1

SilkyandSmooth said:
I love ORS but their Hair Mayonnaise is the absolute worst. It left a nasty coating on my hair. I had to wash my hair all over again just to get that mess out. Never again.

I am soooo feelin you on this one girl. I thought I had used it wrong on my head but that wasn't the case at all.

Oh, and that darn pink oil moisturizer. I always had flakes using that stuff.

MonaLisa said:
*Can't hold my tongue no more because I've read it more than several times....it's been killin me slow....respectfully saying*

I am going to personally apologize on behalf of the Ales Group, Patrick Ales, the creator of Phytotheratrie and Dr. Fatou Batchily-Plat, co-creator of Phytorelaxer and all of the Phyto users that don't find this product to be highly overpriced nor overrated because it works for us and feel that it is indeed worth it. We can agree to disagree on that particular point and it's all good. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion of the product (but you've been dogging my creamy crack out....the cyber stab wounds were getting to me)

Really sorry that this product did not work out for you in your instance. I'm sensing that it was a really, really, really, really......................really bad experience for you. Please remember what works for some heads doesn't work for all, but it doesn't make it a bad product.

Truly hoping that the next relaxing experience that you have will be a more pleasant one than what you have experienced with this particular product and you find the product that works for you.

I don't mind catching a rock....I can deal with it....I've dealt with worse...but I had to get that one out.

*sighs relief at release*

LOL...You are entitled to you opinion. That the great thing about forums, not everyone is going to agree about everything. I am pretty sure that I am in a minority of people that arent willing to spit out $60 on a relaxer thats just OKAY. But whatever...thats just me, i'd rather put that $60 towards my next designer bag of choice. :lol:

ORS Olive Oil hair lotion - absolute waste of money.

NTM Deep Recovery hair mask - made my hair tangled, left no slip. Returned immediately.

NTM Silk Touch Leave-in - Allegedly moisturizes. Allegedly.

Nexxus anything - my hair and this line just don't agree.

GARNIER FRUCTIS........OMG!! Get it OUTTA HERE!! My hair was a crunchy,card board MESS when I used this. They entire line is not for me. It felt like it sucked all of the moisture from my hair and left it stiff and dry. Bad bad bad experience. I conditioned for hours after that happend.

YasmanSoBe said:
ORS Olive Oil hair lotion - absolute waste of money.

NTM Deep Recovery hair mask - made my hair tangled, left no slip. Returned immediately.

NTM Silk Touch Leave-in - Allegedly moisturizes. Allegedly.

Nexxus anything - my hair and this line just don't agree.
My hair DOES NOT like Nexxus, either:ohwell:

Lustrasilk Straight Effects! AKA Snakeoil

Did nothing but harden my hair. I can do much better with some Pressing oil.

Back