WTF - Who the f, did I marry? (Tik Tok series)

I'm imagining these people are the ones reading the cliff notes, because she takes full responsibility for her part. She goes out of her way to share the red flags that she ignored (sometimes intentionally), and gives very vulnerable explanations as to why she did it. What more do people want from her?

You are so
right on this.

I was filling
my friend in
on this story
when her rude
:moon: friend yelled
from the background
that Reesa was
an idiot. She
then added that
she had no
time to watch
the whole thing
and that the cliff
notes were enough.
The friend in
the background was
going off like
a maniac talmbout
anyone else would
not have been
fooled...never mind
that Reesa was
one of at least
three that we know. :hand:

People with only
some of any
info are scary
to listen to.
The arrogance in
her voice made
me glad not
to know her. :lol:
All I thought was
pride comes
before a fall.
After hearing the
50-part well-told
account, I had
nothing but grace
and compassion
for Reesa.

So happy many
others felt like
I and that Reesa
has blessings
coming her way.

You are so
right on this.

I was filling
my friend in
on this story
when her rude
:moon: friend yelled
from the background
that Reesa was
an idiot. She
then added that
she had no
time to watch
the whole thing
and that the cliff
notes were enough.
The friend in
the background was
going off like
a maniac talmbout
anyone else would
not have been
fooled...never mind
that Reesa was
one of at least
three that we know. :hand:

People with only
some of any
info are scary
to listen to.

The arrogance in
her voice made
me glad not
to know her. :lol:
All I thought was
pride comes
before a fall.
After hearing the
50-part well-told
account, I had
nothing but grace
and compassion
for Reesa.

So happy many
others felt like
I and that Reesa
has blessings
coming her way.

You are so right about the bolded. I'm always perplexed by people who fully know that they only have a fraction of the available information, yet they feel perfectly comfortable forming a judgment and their own narrative. Strange behavior to me.

I watched reviews of what she's shared. In some ways I emphasized with her, we've all been "young and dumb:..."Everybody plays the fool sometimes" ....etc.

HOWEVER, at the same time my mature self wondered how it went on so long.

THEN I CAME TO REALIZATION THAT THIS IS WHAT "BELIEF IN THE BELIEF" LOOKS LIKE!

She employed the same gullible tactics & mental gymnastics that cult members exercise as they get sucked in and sometimes remain. I'm glad she woke up; and it's good she's sharing this painfully entertaining saga.

I watched reviews of what she's shared. In some ways I emphasized with her, we've all been "young and dumb:..."Everybody plays the fool sometimes" ....etc.

HOWEVER, at the same time my mature self wondered how it went on so long.

THEN I CAME TO REALIZATION THAT THIS IS WHAT "BELIEF IN THE BELIEF" LOOKS LIKE!

She employed the same gullible tactics & mental gymnastics that cult members exercise as they get sucked in and sometimes remain. I'm glad she woke up; and it's good she's sharing this painfully entertaining saga.

Yeeeaaah… but it also went on so long because he was paying all of her bills. Aside from toying with her mind about what he could provide in the future, he was playing his role as a provider in the present pretty well (who knows what the long con was though). So there was definitely some cognitive dissonance that she had to mentally process. She started making her exit once he got injured/sick, and she secured a better paying job. She really woke up when there was no longer any benefit to ignoring the lies, fallacies, and fairytales.

I don’t take what she went through lightly; he truly played with her hopes and dreams. But not paying any household bills for over a year was a huge motivator for her in turning a blind eye to some red flags (she admits this).

Last edited:
Anyone watching?
Me! My friend sent me the TikTok link on Wednesday. At first I was just gonna chuck it to another woman getting scammed because she ignored A LOT of red flags and herself. She totally did. I gave up after 3 episodes (when the first house fell through). Then reaction videos started flooding my timeline. I was like: “Dang it! I have to watch this now since this is turning out to be a cultural phenomenon especially in black culture!” I am glad I watched all 52 episodes and finished today.

What a story! My mouth dropped. I too have never encountered a pathological liar. Narcissistic people? Yes. So a lot of this was new to me. I experienced some of the things she went through with narcissists showing you things you will never have just to get you excited. That’s very cruel indeed. Now companies are reaching out to her and offering to help get her some of the things he promised her like the BMW and trip to Europe. I’m so happy that she’ll get her happy ending after all.

And the lies continue yall, JeRome is out here telling people that he's working with Netflix on telling his side of the story.
(I tried to grab the Tik Tok feed, but it's telling me it's unavailable. I'm going to see whether I can post someone who has already stitched it.)

Here we go:

(eta: Someone's already made it clear, that if it was Day 16 of filming, that that would pre-date Reesa Teesa's posts on Tik Tok :lachen:)

Last edited:
I watched all the parts and Ms. Lady is a riveting storyteller. I was expecting this to be the usual story of a scammer, conning a desperate woman out of her money. But it was not. He didn't ask her for money. She didn't buy him any expensive cars or houses. He was paying all the household bills. This was a story of a woman being conned by a man who lies just to be lying.

Now, why wouldn’t Chris tell her about him being a bi-polar schizophrenic when they spoke the first time?! He should have started with that. :spinning:
Maybe it is
because when they
first spoke, he told
her he would
answer any questions
she had and
that never came
up because there
were so many
lies to set
straight that they
focused on that
and not the why
behind his sociopathy.

Maybe if she
asked if he had
ever gotten therapy
that would have
come up. Perhaps
Chris was advised
by fam or decided
to share this additional
tidbit to somewhat
make his brother
seem a bit
more human.

Now, why wouldn’t Chris tell her about him being a bi-polar schizophrenic when they spoke the first time?! He should have started with that. :spinning:

I'm with you there, because I'm sure he knew that she was going to dive in into all the foolishness that his brother put her through.
At least that would have placed it into some kind of context. It seems like he wanted to protect the parents more than anything.
Making sure that people knew that they (as a family) tried to get Legion some help, which he refused.

Apparently, according to the interview with TMZ yesterday, he's works in Public Relations at a hospital.

Reesa Teesa's ex is telling his side of a viral TikTok saga that's taken the internet by storm -- and while he's been painted one way, he's got a different story ... which might end in court.

Jerome McCoy -- who goes by "Legion" on Reesa's now-infamous 'Who TF Did I Marry?' video series, which is at least 50 parts deep at this point -- tells TMZ ... everything Reesa, whose real name is Teresa Johnson, declared about him in her lengthy video series is false.

While Reesa made many allegations against Legion -- including claims that he fibbed about his career, family and wealth, etc. -- he's hitting back with accusations of his own. Legion claims he and Reesa were having trust issues at one point -- and goes on to claim she attempted to reconcile with him while allegedly threatening to "expose" him if he did not comply ... and he suggests him not budging is why this is all coming out.

It goes without saying ... Reesa's ex is feeling the backlash of the TikToks going viral and claims it's hurting his job in PR -- which he says he does for a hospital. Amid all this attention, Legion tells us he met with attorneys Monday at work to discuss taking legal action against Reesa -- on its face, it seems his company believes they mighta been damaged by her storytelling. Legion says he's supportive of any moves they might make.

Unclear if he's considering private counsel for himself at this point ... but he's certainly mulling his options right now. Bottom line ... Legion tells us the way he's been portrayed by Reesa is NOT who he is at all -- and he feels he's been wronged by the tale she's told.

Link: https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/27/tiktok-reesa-teesa-ex-legion-legal-action-who-tf-did-i-marry-series/

The hospital’s attorneys are involved? Unless he’s sitting on the board, I don’t see it happening. If they’ve seen the videos, the first thing they’re gonna do is a thorough background check, assuming they didn’t when he was hired, and then they’ll fire him because he certainly lied on his application. I believe he might’ve been approached by HR and then claimed she was lying. He probably told them he plans to sue so they’d think he’s credible.

Why is NPR using *this* story to analyze modern “long form” storytelling on TikTok? :look:

I think it makes sense because I'm in the business (marketing/PR/Social Media....) and they rail it in over and over and over.... to NEVER make a video more than 1 minute, so someone making several videos totaling 8 hours and it going viral the way it did is definitely worth a case study.

I listened to the 'argument' that the young lady who said that Reesa Teesa didn't have the 'look' of a VP's wife and opted not to post because it was so sickening and offensive. Didn't realize that Charlamagne had a dig at her, but not surprising considering how he carries on. Won't post him either.
Sorry that Reesa Teesa had to hear those comments. People can be so cruel.

OK, so here's my take from all this, I listened last week while I was away for work and alone in a hotel every evening, lol. I also listened on 2X speed per my cousin's advice, so it was only 4 hours :giggle:

I'm willing to give her a lot of grace cuz this man is clearly certifiable, and the pandemic created a unique set of circumstances that caused her to get got so thoroughly.

• Where she loses me though is ain't no way I'm moving a man into my condo after two weeks just cuz he changed my tire one time.
  • You only get one time to fake buy a house with me, same goes for a car :lol:
  • And for someone who speaks to her mom daily? My mother would never let me live it down or marry a man who fake bought me a house and a car.
  • I don't understand marrying a man who you do no trust and know is lying to you about something as major as buying a house.
  • After she lost the baby, I didn't get the point of marrying him.
  • Someone telling me they have "offshore accounts" and couldn't show proof, I'd assume you were lying, and it would take more than you flipping your phone over to show me a balance for me to believe you were not in fact lying. But then again, if I suspect you are lying enough to require proof, I would not date you, let alone move you into my home or marry
  • I'm a googler, especially if I'm dating someone, as I was listening to her I absentmindedly googled and saw that the top paid Arena Football Player makes $60K, ma'am!
  • Maybe chalk this up to the pandemic but she never met a single person from this man's life? That's wild!
In conclusion :lol:

Last edited:
Back