Would you date/sleep with your friend's ex?

General rule is no-- but there can be exceptions:

1. Clearance--ALWAYS get clearance; find out how she would feel about it first.

2. Length of the relationship-- was it 1 month or 2 years--that will have an influence as well.

3. State of the relationship--was he a cutty buddy or her first heartbreak? If this is a cutty buddy, she may be more willing to move on; if the guy is her baby daddy' then it will be sticky..

That is my position on that kind of thing.

If you had a friend who was in a relationship with a man that later ended, would he be fair game for you down the road? And if so, would you tell your friend about it, especially if it were just a one time hook up?

Only if my best friend died "later down the road". WTF???

I would NEVA, EVA do some trifling mess like that! EVA!!!!!!!!!!!

There are too many men walking this planet to be bothered with someone that my best friend dealt with. Even if she is over him or she was the one that broke up with him, HE IS OFF LIMITS UNTIL HER DEATH.

Come on! Out of all the men in the world, you need to mess with one of your best friend's men? Tacky, trifling, disgusting. Period.

Not YOU per se, but for "whomever".

I wouldn't even deal with the men of "regular" friends.

That is just drama waiting to be unfolded.... I cant with that... Although, some women dont wanna hear it, there are too many guys in the world for me to be eyeing a friends former beau... Thats not my MO by far....

I think it is lame and desperate

D@mn sure is.

Thanks for the responses. On the flip side, what if a friend of yours slept with your ex after you all broke up? And told you about it? Would you be wrong for feeling salty even though the guy has been out of your life for ages and you are currently in a LTR with someone else?

I would look at her sideways after that and wouldn't trust her around my "current" man.

Just sayin'.

There is an "unwritten" rule that you don't do *ish like that.

Do you live in a small town with a population of 300? I mean like "Why?" It's just ewwwwwwww.

First off, I would hope I'm beyond having one-time hook ups with anyone, let alone the ex of a friend of mine....however, if enough time had passed, my friend had moved on and I felt that ex-bf and I had chemistry and could really be something, I would go for it and feel no shame. He's fair game. And if she had issues with it, I'd think she's being selfish to deny two people the possibility of love. It's like holding on to a beautiful pair of size 7 Christian Louboutin shoes when you wear a 10...it's not a good fit for you so let it go!

If she was a good friend then heck no!, If she was just an aquaintance and if the man was a perfect match for me...then why not...im just being honest

I honestly wouldn't do it, and if a friend did it to me i wouldnt trust her because in the back of my mind i would think like 'oh so have u always been attracted to him? are u attracted to who im with now? do i have to watch my back wheni leave u in a room woth my dude?' its just a sticky situation if they good friends, however if its not thats serious then its whatever.

Back