Dating a Friend's Ex

I personally wouldn't do it. I did end up dating someone who dated someone I knew but I didn't know until after it was over.

Now, I have a girlfriend who is interested in my ex. We didn't know each other when I dated my ex but whatever. She came to me and we talked about it. I'm totally ok with her dating him because he and I are 1 million percent over. I have no emotional, mental, spiritual connection to him. So quite frankly I don't care. Our friendship isn't compromised because of it... but that is just me and every person is diff.

1. Was he attracted to you while dating your friend? **nevermind**

2. I doubt your friend will admit that it bothers her cause she won't want to seem "immature" or may not realize it bothers her until she sees y'all together.

3. As far as having a coloring relationship, I just couldn't cause I'd know he had done the same things to my friend and I wouldn't be able to get the mental picture out of my head.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

Thanks for all the input. I assure everyone that I am not considering dating Jake at all. As far as why their relationship ended, she cheated on him.

As far as women not being able to keep female friends because someone is "always looking at their man". I feel like that is a different situation. I don't worry about the friends I keep trying to snatch my man when I'm not looking. If I were worried about that type of behavior, they wouldn't be my friends. As far as ex's.....are mine trifling in my opinion? Yup. If that's what you want to deal with then by all means. But should I end a friendship because you are trying to find happiness??

Idk, like I said, it really made me think about how I would feel if one of friends told me they wanted to date an ex.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

ETA: People change, mature, and grow up. Just because my ex was a jerk to me doesn't mean he will be to my friend or even the next girl.

3. As far as having a coloring relationship, I just couldn't cause I'd know he had done the same things to my friend and I wouldn't be able to get the mental picture out of my head.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

That is a really good point!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

So has no ever felt like they had chemistry with a mutual friend that was dating a different friend? Or a person that was friends with the person you were dating?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

So has no ever felt like they had chemistry with a mutual friend that was dating a different friend? Or a person that was friends with the person you were dating?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Yes, but even if there is some "chemistry" I still would not go there. Sometimes one cannot control ones feelings but you can control your actions.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

To say your choice was "not fair" and "immature" would have had me feeling more confirmed in my choice. There's something about what he said that is not appealing at all - maybe because it seems like something someone either quite immature themselves or very entitled feeling would say. :perplexed

To answer your question though, I do not think this is something I'd feel comfortable doing, especially if I was close to that friend. Even if she was cool with it, I wouldn't feel quite right about it.

Back