Why Such a STARK Difference in Hair Progress Between Tyra & Oprah?

I don't think O ever stopped relaxing. I don't think she meant that she was natural, I think she meant it was time for her touchup.

My hair was just as thick as O's when it was relaxed. It's not about chems vs. natural, it's more about the thickness/strength of the strands. Tyra looks to have fine hair, and from what I've read from some fine-haired ladies on the board, their hair can't take as much as those with thick/coarse hair.

Frankly, I would have never thought that Tyra's hair was that healthy under her wigs and stuff. Its much healthier than I would have guessed. And the finished style suits her face.

We all can't have Ms. O's hair.

ummm oprah is older---and while tyras hair seems thick--oprahs hair to me has a lil more thickness to it--i luv type 4 hair!!!!sighhhhhhh

I know you shouldn't answer a question with a question (or three) but maybe it's due to...

Genetics?

Different hair types?

The products that they use?

28m4w81.jpg

I have nothing to contribute to this discussion except to say I think this is the most beautiful I've ever seen Tyra...

I don't think anything went wrong, we have to remember that everybody hair grows at different lengths per month some get less or more than the average .5 inches. Also her hair looks like she keeps her ends freshly trimmed on the regular. Either way both their hair looks good.

I'm definitely not saying that it has to be as thick and the same texture...she might have a finer hair texture but who knows because she relaxes....but c'mon she has access to the best stylists in the world and has enough money to pay someone else to be obsessed with her hair while she goes about her life...I just feel these are mediocre results for the progress she should've made in all those protective styles. JMHO

But hey, maybe she had a few setbacks we've all been there....idk but she DEFINITELY needs to dump the stylists she's been messin with and talk to Oprah's.....if they even bother to see anyone else considering what Oprah must be payin them:lachen: they prolly retired come to think of it:scratchch lmao:lol:

I agree. I think Oprah is natural too it seems. And yeah what do you expect froma stylist that says, "cut your hair so it can grow" or something to that affect? Tyra's hair doesn't look terrible but it could be better. But hey at least she isn't bald like people tried to make her.

Back