Is Tyra Banks a woman of her word?

I hope she keeps her promise, but to me it seems as if she is doing it more for publicity than anything else. Becuase there's no reason for her to make a public anouncement.

the catalyst for this is Chris Rock's Good Hair movie. All the daytime ladies...Oprah, Wendy, Tyra are abuzz about it and doing shows about it.

I thought she was only going to "reveal" her real hair on an upcoming show. I didn't know she was planning on not wearing weaves/wigs ever again. That's a promise we should all be careful of making. You never know when a setback can happen or if you just have a bad hair day :nono:

Right. Where did she say she was going to do it "from then on"? She clearly announced a reveal. She tweeted it I guess. I highly doubt she's going to do it "from now on". If you want hair on your head, you just can't wear your own hair out when you are getting it styled daily like that. It wouldn't be smart. She's no fool. I think someone misunderstood what she meant with her reveal announcement.

as long as it's in something different than that straight back cornrows hair style.. you know the one.

we've seen her hair. it's natural, but really thin

uh-uh Uh-Uh UHHHHHH-UHHHHH NOT AT ALL!

Whenever she wears her hair out she ALWAYS wears it in cornrows. But if she ACTUALLY does then maybe she'll learn that she CAN wear more than one hairstyle. Our kinda hair is pretty versatile.

I didn't get that she will no longer wear weave. I heard that she will rock her natural hair to encourage others to do the same but I know that won't be permanent.

Yeah, it is probably down her back now. Wendy Williams is close to waist length.

Are you serious Wendy's weaves look at hot mess. Wow she should wear her hair sometimes. That is insane I understand protective style at least her wigs can look good.

lwilliams1922 that first pic looks like she added tracks in the back to me. And the second one her edges look weird. At any rate I thought she was going to do a whole season her wigs look wack too.

oh please! I remember she did a show called "backwards day" where she wore her clothes backwards..and all that craziness. She claimed the hair she was wearing was her own..in reality it was an obvious drawstring ponytail. (smh)

Well I'm "officially out of the weave" but that doesn't mean I won't throw on a phony pony or half wig every now and then :look:

Can you imagine the hordes of black wimmens across the nation who will be watching their television like a hawk, so close they can make out the pixels, looking for a seam? :lachen:

I don't get what the big deal is about TYRA doing this. They're making it like she's assisting a third world country or deworming orphans.

But I guess it's to give other women the incentive to go natural...though Tyra isn't someone I'd be taking ANY sort of tips from...just my 2 cents.

Alright ladies...it is about to go down!!! In eight minutes (if you are on the East Coast) we get to see Tyra's real hair!!!

I don't get what the big deal is about TYRA doing this. They're making it like she's assisting a third world country or deworming orphans.

But I guess it's to give other women the incentive to go natural...though Tyra isn't someone I'd be taking ANY sort of tips from...just my 2 cents.

LOL....I agree....the funny thing is that I don't think she is natural. There are pics posted in the ET forum:look:

Ppl are saying that she means "natural" as in no weave:wallbash:. I won't be watching.:ohwell:

Wow. Her hair looks kind of thin and I don't think it's APL. Nonetheless, I am glad she did it. She isn't creating a cure for cancer or anything...but I was interested all the same in seeing her hair revealed.

When I see it thats another thing, Tyra has became so fake, I don't even watch America's Next Top Model no more.

Yall seen the episode on The Tyra Show about hair? She telling little girls to love their hair, and talking to the little girl that had a Henna Muntana wig to love her hair, but she wears blonde wigs all the time.

OH PLEASE.....I got to see it....
:yep:

Today's episode wasn't that bad actually. Tyra had a couple of girls on there who were addicted to wearing weaves and got them to take their's off and wear their hair out. She even said that she will wear her hair out from time to time during her season...she isn't sticking strictly to wigs or weaves anymore. I think this episode was aimed at instilling pride in your own hair and not depending on extensions, weaves, and wigs.

I am not a big Tyra fan ...but baby steps. She's got to start somewhere, right?

Back