Why is healthy and long hair important to you?

How important is your hair/hair journey?

• It's just hair, and a hobby of mine.

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • I enjoy looking and feeling good, and therefore I strive to keep my hair game tight.

Votes: 142 67.3%
  • My hair journey is a spiritual journey for me, and much deeper than the superficial.

Votes: 38 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has always been health before length for me. I want long hair because I had long hair before, and I know I could grow it back. I am working on getting all my body parts as healthy as possible, including my hair, and the length to follow is a pleasant side effect.

I wish I could've voted for options 2 AND 3, but I found option 3 more appropriate for this time in my life. Nice, healthy hair is a beautiful asset to any complete look, essential to most like having nice skin is. I have moved away from styling so aggressively just to get "the look" to focusing on health and length more. Therefore, sometimes my hair isn't really "styled," but is being maintained under a hot LF! LOL That bad-girl serves as my style for the time being.

ETA: I also love what the Bible says about, "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." And, my grandmother told me to never cut my hair many years ago, and I have only done a major cut twice (one for style change, and one for BC to natural). I will never cut again, though.

Last edited:
I believe that when you look good, you feel good and when you feel good your unstopable. I've never been able to grow my hair past my shoulders. When I found this sit I seen that it is very possible for black women to have health hair with lengths that have no limits. I've improved my hair in the short time that I've been on this sit better than any of my beauticians have in my life time. I love long hair and I spend a lot of money to have it. I can't wait til I no longer HAVE to buy hair to have long heathly hair, but I can wake up with it everyday. It's a challenge for me. Just to be able to say "I did it". Wish me luck! :grin:

Ever since I was a little girl my mother would tell my twin sister and I that a woman's hair is her crown and glory! She said there's nothing like a woman who takes care of her hair and it shows with pride. It also states in the bible about a woman's hair being her crown and glory! So yes it's very important to me! A woman's hair defines her in a way that is not easily explained! It's not what defines her per se, but it defines her as being a woman that cares and takes pride in her appearance! I know it may sound perplexed, but actually it's not! To me IMO I love my hair especially now in it's natural state, and will never go back to the creamy crack! Since being a member here and learning so much knowledge my hair is finally thriving! And I am very appreciative of all you ladies that are sharing the same goals as me; to achieve healthy hair and maintain the practices of it.

I want long healthy hair, because I never had it. I have had so many stylists to cut my hair saying because it is fine, it would not grow, nor would it look healthy. I always wanted longer hair as a child and never had it. MBL is my ultimate goal.

I want healthy, long hair just to have an actual testimony to other women that women of my "race" can have long healthy hair too. Every day i see too many women with suffering ends that think that its normal to have dry and breaking hair. They accept there situation as a way of life. So i want to be able to show them that they have a choice, and its time to get out from there!!

I've always had long hair (between APL-Close to MBL).

But never MBL or WL, and I just want to see if I can get there.

Long hair is pretty. And I like looking pretty.

There's no deep reasons why I want it.

I have always desired long healthy hair. Nothing is more beautiful than long, healthy and well groomed hair.

Back