How important is it to have good smelling hair?

It's pretty important to me and it can make or break a product in terms of whether or not I will buy it.

Clean hair always been important to me which is why I've always washed my hair once a week before I was aware that this was a good thing. I would still buy a product that didn't necessarily smell good, but gave good results; that is, if the product delivers, then I don't care what it smells like. I think "clean" hair smells good and I don't judge based on smell, but rather on ingredients and performance. If I wash my hair, doesn't matter what the product smells like, my hair comes out CLEAN and I found that most "smells" fades/evaporates after hair is dried anyway.

Re: How important is it to have good smelling hair

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
It's pretty important to me and it can make or break a product in terms of whether or not I will buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]same here!!! im willing to deal with a smelly product if it ultimately gets washed out....but i like my hair to smell good enough to eat!!
laugh.gif

~T~

To all those asking about hair perfumes:

Famous perfume makers are turning some of their fragrances into actual hair perfumes called hair mists. Some of these are Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and Givenchy Very Irresistible. I don't know how new this is, but I found it while reading Teen Vogue. I've always wanted someone to make perfumes for hair.

Here is the link that talks about hair mists. Hope this helps.

Hair Mists

[ QUOTE ]
mystiqu529 said:
To all those asking about hair perfumes:

Famous perfume makers are turning some of their fragrances into actual hair perfumes called hair mists. Some of these are Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and Givenchy Very Irresistible. I don't know how new this is, but I found it while reading Teen Vogue. I've always wanted someone to make perfumes for hair.

Here is the link that talks about hair mists. Hope this helps.

Hair Mists

[/ QUOTE ]that is pretty cool....my grandmother always used to spray her brush with a frangrance and then brush through her hair....i dont know how healthy that is, with perfumes being all alcohol and everything...
~T~

I love to have my hair smell good...Pantene and Mango butter seem to do the trick for me...I might add some aveda in there soon...I do it more for myself, but it doesn't hurt my feelings at all when my kind of mr. tells me that he's enjoying the way it smells too
smile.gif

I use Sulfur 8, so not at all important
look.gif
. My goal right now is growth, and I will gladly sacrifice my hair's smell for that...as long as my body smells luscious, I figure I'm good to go
grin.gif

For me, fragrance is really important, too. I work out a lot (daily actually) so I
love.gif
fruity smelling conditioners and shampoos. Now, however, I make my own scents using essential, carrier, and fragrance oils. I made a Gingerbread Leave in conditioner using a fragrance oil from fromnaturewithlove. The scent was strong yet lightly scented..sounds crazy? Anyway, I got a lot of compliments
smile.gif
I love natural stuff because it's so versatile. I can use these same oils to make body products, perfumes, and in my laundry.

I left Suave's Milk and Honey conditioner in my hair for a date I had and the guy loved it when he smelled my hair. He said it smelled so good he could eat me up...hehehe. No pun intended.

I love the smell of Suave Awapuhi! Also, my spritz contains rosemary and lavender oils....it leaves my hair smelling nice, fresh, and clean.

I'm going to try Suave Milk and Honey tomorrow morning! I'm so excited!

[ QUOTE ]
missykeyana said:
I love the smell of Suave Awapuhi! Also, my spritz contains rosemary and lavender oils....it leaves my hair smelling nice, fresh, and clean.

I'm going to try Suave Milk and Honey tomorrow morning! I'm so excited!

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif

It's very important, just like a clean smelling armit,
! tell ya! It tells a lot about you and how you take care of your personal self. ANY thing on the body that doesn't smell right is just nasty.
My man loves laying next to me and sniffing my hair, or as we're walking along.

It's extremely important. I smelled a coworkers head that smelled like body odor and my neighbors hair smelled like poop! It's very important to me because when my hair is dirty it smells like vomit.

Innocent_Kiss said:
For me, fragrance is really important, too. I work out a lot (daily actually) so I
love.gif
fruity smelling conditioners and shampoos. Now, however, I make my own scents using essential, carrier, and fragrance oils. I made a Gingerbread Leave in conditioner using a fragrance oil from fromnaturewithlove. The scent was strong yet lightly scented..sounds crazy? Anyway, I got a lot of compliments
smile.gif
I love natural stuff because it's so versatile. I can use these same oils to make body products, perfumes, and in my laundry.
I have these fragrance oils from fnwl. Are they safe to use in the hair? TIA.

This has been a really interesting thread. I feel that it is really important to have clean hair, especially in the workplace. I have a question for people who work out and are trying to grow their hair. How do you keep your hair fresh smelling?

I wanted to buy the Chanel hair mist but I was scared that it had alchohol in it. I also try to only use sweet smelling products in my hair.

patience said:
As a female, I think I'm supposed to smell good period. I like scents that fruity...I cannot stand for my hair to stink. It HAS to smell nice. I use essential oils like sweet orange and lemon...I also like honey and coconut and combos of various scents.

Very important.

I totally agree with the above. I don't really use essential oils, but I look out for shampoos and conditioners and leave-ins that smell really nice because the scent stays on your hair afterwards.

Also I shampoo and condition at least once a week or twice a week at times or more if it rains because I find the rain leaves a funny smell in the hair (all that pollution:nono:):bath2:

Back