Who's the oldest YOU or your SO? How many years older?

Who's the oldest in your relationship? How many years older?

• I AM 0-7 years older

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • I AM 8-15 years older

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • HE IS o-7 years older

Votes: 67 50.0%
  • HE IS 8-15 years

Votes: 28 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering that I was anti-love and hell bent on never getting married...EVERYONE adores and admires him because he was able to penetrate the "Ice Queen."

My mother is just awaitng her first grand-baby (another "I WILL NEVER!" that I'm now anticipating).

Awww - that's a nice story...... You 2 make a beautiful couple - your DH looks a lot younger than 43 :)!!

I am 6 weeks older.
For those of you with an SO that is 10 years or more older, how did your parents and other relatives react to the age difference??
Honestly, I was hesitant to tell my parents. My mom has met him and she acted like it wasn't a big deal. Also, I previously dated someone 13 years older than me, so she's had time to warm up to the older guy thing, lol. I still haven't told my dad how old he is. I don't talk to my dad much about relationships and he doesn't meet many of the guys that I date. But I suspect that if and when the time comes, he'll have something to say about it. My brother said something along the lines of..."Not on my watch", lol. But he just moved in with his girlfriend of 6 months so IMO he has his own business to handle.

Considering that I was anti-love and hell bent on never getting married...EVERYONE adores and admires him because he was able to penetrate the "Ice Queen."

My mother is just awaitng her first grand-baby (another "I WILL NEVER!" that I'm now anticipating).
That is SOOOOO me, to a tee. I will not be getting married, nor will I birth children. I have no interest in either. Although I don't mind the idea of a long-term partner or even adoption.

For those of you with an SO that is 10 years or more older, how did your parents and other relatives react to the age difference??[/quote]

My mother was like "he is too old! what does he want with somebody so young?" (He's 8 yrs younger than my parents) and my dad thinks that it may be because he wasn't around as much and I'm looking for a father figure:rolleyes:

Really, they are o.k. as long as he treats me and my children right, they have no problem. They haven't said anything since I had to let them know that he is a good man to me and the girls like him.

I understand their concern, I was in an abusive marriage before, so they are concerned no matter what his age is.

I am 16 months older than DH. I'm 7/79 and he's 11/80. If I knew he was younger than me (his beard tricked me) I would have maintained a friendship. I normally like men about 10 years older than me.

Back