• SO-Significant Other

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Friend

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 20.5%

• Total voters
ibelieve said:
I usually just say this is_______________.

But he introduces me as his girl.

I don't know why, but it makes me giddy everytime LOL!!! :love: :kiss2:

:lol: Why r we such suckers for that?! My bf now introduces me as "his lady". i love that, i just wanna melt. Me...i just say his name...if i HAVE to disclose his title then i say he's my boyfriend. It does feel juvenile to me....but nothing else quite flows right either...lol.

I'm engaged and I still call him my bf...something about the word fiance makes me tired of saying it. Plus I've called him bf for years. I wish it had an English word rather than the francophone one.

I've said friend, his name, boyfriend, my whatever etc... I don't really use the term SO unless I'm talking to someone about their guy.

I simply said "this is my boyfriend...[his name]" I guess being 20 years old I really don't mind the boyfriend term. I don't like "friend" though. I would never bring a FRIEND home. Sounds like a freak buddy to me :perplexed Unless someone really is a friend, and then I introduce them as "my friend [name here] from school" or wherever I know them from..but then that's getting off topic :lol: so yup...

usually people would have heard about who he is before I introduce so I can just say his name if not I say boyfriend

He usually introduces me as his girl, his wife occasionally girlfriend or sometimes wifey don't think he's ever just said my name

I just say this "John" and let them assume what they want. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out especially if we're holding hands or something. I've probably already talked about him anyway so they'd know it was my bf.

I was having this very same conversation with my 'SO'. He introduces me as 'his other half' or 'my name' or 'my lady' and then his friend would say, 'Oh, yes, its you who has made ----- disappear of the face of the earth'.:grin:

But what do i call him?

We were trying to figure this out as i don't just want to say his name or 'boyfriend' .

Actually i can't wait for him to be my husband then i would introduce him as that. He suits 'husband' alot more than just 'boyfriend'.

I jokingly decided on 'This is The Right Honourable ----'

When we were dating, dh and his entire family said "friend." :perplexed So, I followed suit and said "friend." :ohwell:

It depends. I usually say his name and people assume he is my boyfriend or I call him my sweetie :grin: I don't care for boyfriend either.

This is (insert name here)...

If around non-family member person of the opposite sex "this is my boyfriend (insert name here).

Normally in this situation the introduction is turned around and I introduce my boyfriend to non-family member of the opposite sex friend "(insert name here-boyfriend) this is my friend/coworker/such and such's bf such and such.

Since being on this board, I started using SO. Since he is technically my SO. BF is kinda old school now that I think about it...a friend of mine introduces he man as "her partner"...at first I thought it was weird, but she said " he is my partner in everything I do"

With family... "This is my friend so and so" They know how to read in between the lines...

Out amongst people in our age group... this is So and so...no title needed...they can tell from our body language what we are. My babe and I are not afraid of PDA's. LOL

Back