Who said to use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion on your hair?

Wow. I was skeptical at first, but this stuff really works. I am waiting on my order from Qhemet Biologics, as I let myself run out of my precious Amla & Olive heavy cream, so I needed something in the meantime. I have just tried this, and it instantly softened and moisturized my hair without leaving a greasy feeling! This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing. :yep:

If I'm not mistaken it's Pocohantas.

I don't know who said it because I cannot find it but let me tell you...I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars since I joined this site trying to find my staple hair moisturizer. I've tried everything under the sun and nothing was working. :nono: Some stuff was just too heavy. Some stuff was too light. Some stuff was sticky. Some stuff let my hair "gray" looking and wouldn't blend in well or disburse well.

I already had some VICL when I read that post so it was easy for me to just go try it. I've been using it as a moisturizer for about 5 days now and it is the best thing ever.

I just cannot believe I had this sitting in my bathroom all this time and never thought to put it on my head. It doesn't leave it greasy. It doesn't leave a sticky gross film. It isn't difficult to blend into the hair without the "gray" look. It's just about the best thing ever.

So Thank you so much whoever said it because FINALLY my search is over for a moisturizer....one less thing to pack too when I go on a trip since I can literally use this as an OVER ALL body moisturizer. Thanks again so much. If I could send you a thank you card I would!

If you click on the link each kinds tells you what ingredients are in the lotion. This is the best thing EVER (moisturizer) for MY hair.

http://www.vaseline.com/intensive-rescue.html

It worked for me! I used my trusty IC gel which makes my hair hard, but this time it was touchably soft. WOW.

Initially had to LACHEN at the topic, but then I thought about it. I have a cousin with 3c/4a (or whatever the combo would be) hair, and growing up ALL she used was johnson&johnsons baby lotion for her hair. It really define her curl pattern and kept it moist.

I did put some VICL on Jordans head the other day. It was itchy and dry and I wasn't close to my ORS

Yep, my cousin puts J&J baby lotion and followed by a little oil gel on her dd's hair and it is growing with each month, is curly, and looks shiny.

I actually started using it when this post was made and I love it. I use baby lotion too now. Thanks to whoever started it though!

I just picked some up today. My mother used babylotion on my hair when I was younger (natural hair). It kept my hair moist, curly and pretty. I figured it was worth a try to go back to what worked then. She would wet the brush, put the lotion (or grease) in my hair ... ponytails, twist it ... DONE :yep: Ahh, simplicity.

I actually started using it when this post was made and I love it. I use baby lotion too now. Thanks to whoever started it though!

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it still works for you - sometimes products work well initially but can get drying over time. I might try this! :look:

this is hilarious i could not find my moisturizer and decided to just use this, my mom always tells me to use lotion on my hair and scalp, and then i got online and saw this thread, Great minds think alike LOL!!!

I think I'm going to try this once I do the BC!! Maybe it will save me some time and money on the product search once I'm natural!:grin:

First off, I have 4b relaxed hair and I am about 4 weeks post. I was in the middle of doing an aphogee treatment on my hair when I came across this thread and I am glad I did. I used NTM Deep Conditioner after aphogee, but my hair was still a little rough from the protein treament. Anyway, I did not have VICL, but after going though all the bottles of lotion I did have, the only one that had ingredients that I liked was Avon Skin So Soft Replenishing Body lotion which has Shea Butter, jojoba, and vitamins. I applied it to my wet hair and my har detangled so easily I couldn't believe it. I applied ORS serum after that and air dried in two strand twist ponytails.

This morning my hair had fully dried and felt soft and moisturized but not at all greasy. Even the nape is soft and the ng back there is usually like a brillo pad. I like the shine too, but I will attribute that to the serum, however I know the way my hair feels right now is from the lotion. I'd also like to add that I always have to add more product for moisture after air drying (unless I use WGHO), but this morning that was not the case. The only thing I do not like it about the Skin So Soft lotion is that it is very watery so it probably would not work for me on dry hair...assuming I will need to moisturize daily. I'll see how long the softness and moisture lasts since I usually moisturize with NTM silk touch twice a day and my hair has not been this soft in a very long time. I want to try VICL when I run out of this to see if it compares since it is probably creamier.

Sorry for the long post, but I am so happy it worked for my relaxed hair. I spend way too much on moisturizers that were too light, too heavy, or too oily and then still have dry hair before the day is half over.

It's good to hear that it worked for you. But I never thought about using lotion on my hair for moisture. I usually use Elasta QP mango butter for moisture but next time I thing I may try VICL.

It's good to hear that it worked for you. But I never thought about using lotion on my hair for moisture. I usually use Elasta QP mango butter for moisture but next time I thing I may try VICL.

Thanks! I wanted to like Elasta Mango Butter so bad, but it didn't work for me on wet or dry hair. I went to Target today and though about just buying VICL but I couldn't decide between that and Jergen's Shea Butter lotion so I will wait until I finish what I have and see if there is alot of buildup.

my hair is drying right now; i can't wait to try. :yep: i have the cocoa butter intensive lotion. are you ladies putting this on your scalp as well? or just your hair?

I'm in love! I was about to post about my extremely dry hair and how it breaks easily - then I saw this thread. I bought the CVS version of VICL and its great. I tried mango butter and olive oil, they seem to just sit on my hair - my hands get oily when I touch it but my hair was not moisturized, it was weird.
THANKS LADIES! you have no idea how happy I am to have found this board:grin:

i tried it and it just made my hair poof! :sad: and i didn't really notice much of a difference. perhaps i just didn't use enough. i'll try it sometime later and a bit more thoroughly in a few weeks.

i'm going to try out my new Elasta QP Mango Butter and see how that goes. :grin:

Back