Who said to use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion on your hair?

Have any of u ladies rollerset ur hair with this? I wana c pics! How often do u need to clarify? If someone can post pics of a rollerset with it I am SOLD.

Last edited:
as usual, I'm late on these things. I read this thread & looked at my big bottle of VICL that I never used. Then I realized it is the Active Firming kind with alpha hydroxy acid in it. :nono:

:lachen:

Guess I have to go out and buy the other one. :lol:

I started a new thread and the op wanted me to post here so here goes (copy-paste) :

I am sorry to u ladies in the VICL(Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion) thread. I stated I would not put skin lotion in my hair. 2 weeks ago, I put some in one section of my hair, didn't do anything. Well today, when I moisturized earlier I skipped my kitchen. I put VICL on one side and Palmer's Cocoabutter with Vitamin E on the other. I sealed both with coconut oil. The side with VICL was like :lol:, but the side with the palmers was like :thankyou:! My hair, no lie, is uber soft, bouncy, and moisturized. I may have to give away my beloved nexxus humectress. I have to use a lot of humectress and my hair looks wet (although I do like this product). But the Palmer's got rid of my KNOTS!! When I used the Palmers, I already moisturized and detangled 6 hours prior and my hair was just fighting with me. But I won this one :catfight:A little goes a long way because it is so thick. And I mean it. I usually have to PACK on moisturizer but this time I may have used a half a tablespoon, and thats a lot less than I used too. If anyone cannot find a moisturizer I suggest giving this one a try. I will try using this for a rollerset next week and will post pics. I know its late but I had to rave! This is a dream come true!

Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) , Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Propylene : Glycol. Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Dil (Paraffinum liquidum), Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum). Hydroxyethycellulose, PEG-8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 (Cl19140), Orange 4 (015510).

Last edited:
I've been using the Vaseline Total Moisture Conditioning Body Lotion and it is WONDERFUL. I was so used to moisturizing my hair every day, maybe twice a day. But now I don't have to! My hair has never known this much moisture before:lachen:.

Hi Pokahontas,

I'm so glad you like it too...this stuff is definately the best moisterizer yet for my hair. I know it made your hair look beautiful and feel wonderful.

It did. I think I'm done with all the fancy leave-ins. I love how my edges stay so smooth and wavy. I used to have a time getting them to lay down and stay all day but this does the trick.

Which one are you using? I have the aloe one because it's what i had on hand. It was a trial bottle so I will need to buy some more soon.

I'm thinking about writing VICL and sending them this forum list so they can have an alternative way to market their product (now for hair). :lachen:

And I'm naming you as the number one spokes person because you seem to be so happy about this stuff. :grin:

Me, I'm still giddy over the new Vaseline lotions product line. :yep:
After this, can you say, "price increase?":nono: I'm thinking after I use up my son's:look: lotion I won't be able to find this in the store ever again thanks to LHCF ladies!

It did. I think I'm done with all the fancy leave-ins. I love how my edges stay so smooth and wavy. I used to have a time getting them to lay down and stay all day but this does the trick.

Which one are you using? I have the aloe one because it's what i had on hand. It was a trial bottle so I will need to buy some more soon.

My edges stay so smooth too and my hair smells sooooo good.

I use Total Moisture, and it sure does deliver!:yep:

I started a new thread and the op wanted me to post here so here goes (copy-paste) :

I am sorry to u ladies in the VICL(Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion) thread. I stated I would not put skin lotion in my hair. 2 weeks ago, I put some in one section of my hair, didn't do anything. Well today, when I moisturized earlier I skipped my kitchen. I put VICL on one side and Palmer's Cocoabutter with Vitamin E on the other. I sealed both with coconut oil. The side with VICL was like :lol:, but the side with the palmers was like :thankyou:! My hair, no lie, is uber soft, bouncy, and moisturized. I may have to give away my beloved nexxus humectress. I have to use a lot of humectress and my hair looks wet (although I do like this product). But the Palmer's got rid of my KNOTS!! When I used the Palmers, I already moisturized and detangled 6 hours prior and my hair was just fighting with me. But I won this one :catfight:A little goes a long way because it is so thick. And I mean it. I usually have to PACK on moisturizer but this time I may have used a half a tablespoon, and thats a lot less than I used too. If anyone cannot find a moisturizer I suggest giving this one a try. I will try using this for a rollerset next week and will post pics. I know its late but I had to rave! This is a dream come true!

Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) , Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Propylene : Glycol. Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Dil (Paraffinum liquidum), Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum). Hydroxyethycellulose, PEG-8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 (Cl19140), Orange 4 (015510).

I wasn't trying to tell you that you couldn't have your own thread. :lachen:I hope you didn't think that. :nono: I just know a lot of folks keep coming back here to check reviews so I thought the ones interested would see your post here. :yep:

I've never seen so many good reviews on one product in a thread before. VIrtually no one has come forward and said, "I hate it".

After this, can you say, "price increase?":nono: I'm thinking after I use up my son's:look: lotion I won't be able to find this in the store ever again thanks to LHCF ladies!

That is the reason I haven't written my letter to Vaseline yet. I'm not sure I want them to know what a gold mine they have as far as marketting to us. :lachen:

I wasn't trying to tell you that you couldn't have your own thread. :lachen:I hope you didn't think that. :nono: I just know a lot of folks keep coming back here to check reviews so I thought the ones interested would see your post here. :yep:

I've never seen so many good reviews on one product in a thread before. VIrtually no one has come forward and said, "I hate it".

Oh no I know you didn't!:grin: I agreed with u! :bighug:. Thanks for introducing me to this! Having my own thread is not a big deal, I just started my own cuz I wasn't using VICL but I agree with u because this is such a big thread:yep:

Hi Ladies,

So I've been using this for the past 2 days and my hair is loving it. When I take my hair out in the morning it is so soft and it's a dream on my edges which can act up from time to time. Seriously, I think I have finally finally found the PERFECT moisturizer for me. I can't wait to wash my hair and use it as my leave in before I rollerset...I can't wait to see how my hair feels!!!!!!

Thanks ladies!!

I don't know why I was so skeptical and scared to put lotion in my hair, considering the fact that I've put yeast infection cream on my scalp and oil for horses in my hair in the past :lachen:.

Hi Ladies,

So I've been using this for the past 2 days and my hair is loving it. When I take my hair out in the morning it is so soft and it's a dream on my edges which can act up from time to time. Seriously, I think I have finally finally found the PERFECT moisturizer for me. I can't wait to wash my hair and use it as my leave in before I rollerset...I can't wait to see how my hair feels!!!!!!

Thanks ladies!!

I don't know why I was so skeptical and scared to put lotion in my hair, considering the fact that I've put yeast infection cream on my scalp and oil for horses in my hair in the past :lachen:.

I'm happy for you gurl....I'm the same way. I still wonder if it would work well for me as a leave in before a rollerset. I would think that it would make my hair weighed down because I have fine hair. Idunno....let me know if it worked out well for you.

I'm late, but a couple questions:

*What particular type of VICL is everyone using? I know they have the total moisture, cocoa butter, aloe, renewal and a couple others...

*Any relaxed getting good results?

I bought a little sample bottle to try out, of just the regular kind, i think, and I didn't see anything different. It was on dirty hair though.

*What particular type of VICL is everyone using? I know they have the total moisture, cocoa butter, aloe, renewal and a couple others...

I bought a little sample bottle to try out, of just the regular kind, i think, and I didn't see anything different. It was on dirty hair though.

I use the Total Moisture. But, before I used it the first time, I made sure that I clarified my hair so that I could really see the benefits of it before I said anything to anyone....and it was totally worth it.

This stuff is so good I had to do another post lol

My hair was hard like hay, oily, and super dry.

I put some VICL Total Moisture on and experience some nice moisture... but overnight was what thrilled me. My hair felt like BUTTER!! still does! Not one moisturizer has done this for me lol Garnier Fructis, No. KeraCare Leave in, no. My hair looks so good and healthy! My twistout now feels better and looks better than the one in my siggy. With consistent use, it gets only better and beter. Thank u OP. This is a staple I found my staple moisturizer hands down.

I use the Total Moisture. But, before I used it the first time, I made sure that I clarified my hair so that I could really see the benefits of it before I said anything to anyone....and it was totally worth it.

Thanks! I just clarified during my last wash :wallbash:

Do you think it'll work if I just shampoo but not clarify?

My edges stay so smooth too and my hair smells sooooo good.

I use Total Moisture, and it sure does deliver!:yep:

I bought the cheap Wal-Mart kind (yellow bottle) 97 cents yayy! I just hope it works as good. The ingredients were exzactly the same and were listed in the same order as the VIC and the cheapie smelled much better.

I also would like ot know what kind to buy. There is total moisture, cocoa butter, aloe, renewal, total recovery. I bought the total recovery but haven't used it yet. Did I buy the right one?

Also, do you put it on dry hair or wet hair?

Thanks!

I also would like ot know what kind to buy. There is total moisture, cocoa butter, aloe, renewal, total recovery. I bought the total recovery but haven't used it yet. Did I buy the right one?

Also, do you put it on dry hair or wet hair?

Thanks!

I use total moisture...but I'm sure that one will work all the same...

Ok, I washed last night and then tried it this morning. My hair was still a little damp from my wash. I put it in and then sealed with my oil mix.

Right now my hair is in a bun, but it feels pretty soft, but I'll know for sure when I take my bun down.

OK, so I figured out that this is not a good leave in for me if I plan to flatiron. I think I will just stick to CSI on that one.

As fas as being just a moisturizer, I have to say this works better than anything else I have tried.

Why is it always the cheap stuff that does the best job?:ohwell:

I bought the cheap Wal-Mart kind (yellow bottle) 97 cents yayy! I just hope it works as good. The ingredients were exzactly the same and were listed in the same order as the VIC and the cheapie smelled much better.

I have to go and check it out, it sounds really good. How did it work on your hair? Is it soft and moist? I have to check out the Wal-Mart brand because I like good smells too. I did go to BJ's and they had to large VICL for 8 bucks...that's a steal!

OK, so I figured out that this is not a good leave in for me if I plan to flatiron. I think I will just stick to CSI on that one.

As fas as being just a moisturizer, I have to say this works better than anything else I have tried.

Why is it always the cheap stuff that does the best job?:ohwell:

I know, right. This is the best moisturizer I have tried as well. I don't even use anything else on my hair now.

I did mix some VICL with some Jergens the other day and it was even more moist. I just tried it that one time though. I'll stick with VICL alone...it's wonderful!

Ok, I washed last night and then tried it this morning. My hair was still a little damp from my wash. I put it in and then sealed with my oil mix.

Right now my hair is in a bun, but it feels pretty soft, but I'll know for sure when I take my bun down.

Well, how did it go, determined?

Who knew? I've used lotion before on my hair when it's frizzy and no hair product is in site (after workouts, at work or even school) but I never thought of doing this as an everyday thing. I just tried some VICL and my hair looks and feels great and I didn't even have to wash/scrub my hands afterwards from excess product like I usually do. I'll try this for a week and see if I will put this into rotation permanently. Thanks lhcf!:)

Back