Luster's Pink Lotion Oil Moisturizer-what do you think of it?

Crystalicequeen123

Luster\'s Pink Lotion Oil Moisturizer-what do you think of it?

What do you all think about Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer ? You know...the "pink lotion" stuff. I've heard mixed things about it. Some people say it's the best thing since sliced bread, and that it's a good moisturizer. While other people say that it leaves your hair too weighed down, greasy, and can clog your pores if you use it on your scalp.

I used to use this pink oil lotion, and I have to admit...sometimes after using it, my hair would feel SOOO gresy, and oily with a lot of product buildup. I thought that all this "moisture" was good for my hair though. But after reading somewhere that it's not good, I stopped using it.

So, my question is: Have you all used this pink oil before? If so, what do you think of it? Do you STILL use it? I'm in DESPERATE need of a new moisturizer, because I think that my hair is really dry. And since I've stopped putting oil/grease on my scalp, I feel like maybe my hair is drying otu because of this. HELP!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Re: Luster\'s Pink Lotion Oil Moisturizer-what do you think of it?

I used to use it a looooooooooooooooooong time ago. Hated it then and hate it even more now! There are so many other moisturizing products out there that are better for your hair. As a matter of fact this stuff should be removed from the shelves for good.

I haven't read many good things about this product here. A lot of people dislike it.

If your scalp is dry you could try using a little bit of an oil, such as coconut oil, on it.

I used to use it when I was younger and it worked really well on my oh so dry hair! Luster makes an ECXELLENT glosser that I highly suggest!

I think Pink Oil Moisturizer is one of the most hated products on this board /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hate it. I used it for years, but it's not very good. Now, I know about other products.

I used it nearly all my life. I loved it. I still do. I stopped 2 years ago. The only reason I stopped was because my fried teased me of still using the same products we used when we were in high school.

/images/graemlins/barf.gif i feel the same about Moisture Max too thick and greasy and takes multiple washings to get out

/images/graemlins/barf.gif /images/graemlins/down.gif /images/graemlins/down.gif /images/graemlins/down.gif

never liked that mess

Mo's evil hair side: "It's /images/graemlins/censored.gif"
Mo's nice hair side: "Now, that's not nice. All hair products need to be given a chance. All products don't work the same on everyone's head."
Mo's evil hair side: " Stop that ish. It's /images/graemlins/censored.gif

Okayy..for real...when I was uninformed I used it back in the day...A LOOOOOOOOOONG Time ago. I could fry wings in my hair when I used that ish.

But I'm sure it works for someone...somewhere...on this planet...

i personally think it is pure crap.I used it when i was younger because i didn't know any better but there are much better moisturizers now.

I've never tried it but my sister uses it and her hair looks lovely. She uses the oil sheen too.

Hahahaha...you guys crack me up!! LOL*

So, I guess the general consensus is that this pink oil stuff is crap. haha.

I don't use it anymore, but is there a specific reason why some of you dislike it so much? Is it really BAD for your hair? I just stopped using it because I heard it wasn't all that for your hair, and it was too greasy for me anyway. Maybe I was just using too much of it?

I don't know, I may be going crazy, but sometimes I felt like the MORE of that Pink OIl "moisturizer" I put in my hair, the DRYER my hair would become the next day. Not only that, but it would make my hair kind of stiff. Did anyone else experience this?

"I could fry wings in my hair when I used that ish."

HAHAH!! That's too funny! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So...what IS a good daily or weekly moisturizer? I feel like my hair is sooo dry after I wash it and air dry it. I've put that hot six oil in my hair, but isn't oil like a glossifier?? NOT a moisturizer??

That stuff is crap, it was too greasy and weighed my hair down.

it's pure crap. just plain gunk in a bottle. greasy, heavy does nothing good for the hair

I did not moisturize my hair very well. Now, I use water and coconut oil everyday and my hair is really soft and shiney now. It even moves when I shake my head now. Never with that stuff.

I used to use it many years ago when I didn't know that mineral oil was bad for *my* hair. It did make my hair feel greasy sometimes. I don't remember if I truly liked it or not and probably just kept using it out of habit.

My mother still uses it and loves it but she doesn't use it on a regular basis. She is the type that doesn't use conditioner (just shampoo) and usually forgets to put any hairdressing on her hair but it always looks healthy and pretty. I can tell the difference when she does remember to put some of the Luster's Pink Lotion on, though, because her hair looks even better and glossier.

It must not make her hair greasy because I know she wouldn't use it if it did. Her hair is extremely soft with baby-fine strands, though it is thick overall in terms of the amount of hairs on her head. I think she uses products with a very light touch and that is probably why the pink oil doesn't weigh her hair down.

I tend to be heavy-handed when using products because I am concerned with covering all of my hair, so that may be why it made my hair greasy back when I used it.

I use the motions oil ( it's pink too)...to me they are different consisentcienes.
I love it. My hair really grows with it. it's a stapl I need to have.

Luster's Pink is one of the worst hair products I've ever used. I rate it right up there next to Frizz Ease.

I used to love me some pink oil moisturizer. I don't remember why I stopped using it (maybe the ingredients). Anyway, I really like CD Hair Milk as an alternative.

/images/graemlins/down.gif /images/graemlins/down.gif get a natural oil like olive or coconut and call it a day.

I use to use the pink lotion religiously until this year. Then I discovered Carolyn Gray, and of course, LHCF. I used the lotion since it made my hair easier to manage but it did leave a lot of buildup. My fine tooth comb (see how lost I was!) would be covered with brown gunk. I have since changed my ways. I now use Healthier Hair in a Bottle! Oil Spray as my daily moisturizer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
Mo's evil hair side: "It's /images/graemlins/censored.gif"
Mo's nice hair side: "Now, that's not nice. All hair products need to be given a chance. All products don't work the same on everyone's head."
Mo's evil hair side: " Stop that ish. It's /images/graemlins/censored.gif

Okayy..for real...when I was uninformed I used it back in the day...A LOOOOOOOOOONG Time ago. I could fry wings in my hair when I used that ish.

But I'm sure it works for someone...somewhere...on this planet...

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif NOT "fry wings," Mo /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

I personally hate the stuff because it makes my hair sticky, dry, and oily. But my friend is a natural 3b and loves the stuff. Go figure.

i hate it...back in the day when i was a little girl and my mom used it she hated it...i have tried it maybe 3x sinces 20 years ago to see if the formula had gotten any better...still crapola...it makes my hair greasy at first..between 5-10 minutes...dry city....with a film....i curse every time i see this crap on the shelf or on commercial lol...

I used to be stupid and use this product years ago. It's gross and I know better now. How in the world can a product make your hair dry AND greasy at the same time?

Yeah, that pink oil stuff is for the birds. I'm glad I stopped using it.

I'm curious about this coconut oil/milk I hear you suggesting. Where do you buy it? ANd what brand? I don't seem to notice it when I go to my beauty supply store.

I hate pink oil moisturizer! It's too heavy, and not moisturizing at all! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MizAvalon said:
I used to be stupid and use this product years ago. It's gross and I know better now. How in the world can a product make your hair dry AND greasy at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, right? /images/graemlins/confused.gif It was a never ending cycle: Hair feels dry--apply pink oil--hair feels even more dry--apply more pink oil... /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

Whenever I see this stuff on the shelf, I want to sweep it all off onto the floor. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Back