Luster's Pink Lotion Oil Moisturizer-what do you think of it?

Re: Luster\'s Pink Lotion Oil Moisturizer-what do you think of it?

hated it /images/graemlins/barf.gif this mess /images/graemlins/spank.gif dries my hair out so bad /images/graemlins/whip.gif everytime I see this MESS I GET MAD CAUSE I USED IT FOR YEARS!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/angry2.gif /images/graemlins/nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It was a never ending cycle: Hair feels dry--apply pink oil--hair feels even more dry--apply more pink oil...

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!!! This stuff? Absolutely sucked. The more I used, the drier my hair got. And I also kept using it for years, not knowing any better.

Whoever "they" are, they ought to ban this stuff from being sold. Anywhere. In the US. And abroad.

[ QUOTE ]
Kitkat said:
[ QUOTE ]
It was a never ending cycle: Hair feels dry--apply pink oil--hair feels even more dry--apply more pink oil...

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever "they" are, they ought to ban this stuff from being sold. Anywhere. In the US. And abroad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daaaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuuum!!! LOL!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Luster's Pink Oil Hair Lotion is one of the most God-awful hair products ever created. The combination of the mineral oil, beeswax, and petroleum literally just smother your hair and suck the life out of it. I don't see why my mom was such a Pink Lotion fan. As a child, she used it on me like crazy and I HATED THAT $H!T!!! I quit using it once I was able to style my own hair and buy my own hair products. That was in middle school and I haven't looked back.

haha. I used to use this stuff too like it was going out of style. I would even use it on my scalp/roots of my newgrowth, to "moisturize" it. HA! That stuff probably clogged up my pores not allowing my hair to grow. Ughgh..

Yeah, and I'm still wondering how they can make a product that can actually DRY your hair out and make it greasy at the same time. That's still a mystery to me. It's crazy! lol The sad thing about it too is that some people still swear by this stuff!

I seriously think that this pink bottle moisturizer is a gimmick to sell more bottles. I swear, I'd use one bottle, and my hair would be 10 times even MORE dry, and then I'd go out to buy 2 more bottles thinking that more of this "pink stuff" would "moisturize" my dry hair. Hmm...I wonder why I didn't make the connection that the more I used this stuff, the dryer and stiffer my hair felt. YEEEEUUUUCCKKK!

my problem with it is the smell. I hate the smell so bad.

I tried this once while being natural... HATED IT! Maybe I'll try it again on just my ends /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

This following passage was taken from the "product review" section of my (outdated) website...

Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Lotion
150709.jpg

I've used this product off & on for 15 yrs (I stopped in Sept 02). When applied, initially it penetrates the strands well, giving loads of luster & sheen. However, in my case, with continued use, my hair became extremely dry, dull, limp & brittle. How did I treat this? Simple, I would add EVEN MORE Pink Oil to my hair. That's another thing, with every use I found myself needing to use more of this lotion just to get that luster look back. Well, neededless to say, this product is on my kick'd to da curb list cuz I stopped using it. This product left an oil build up on my hair that acted like a "blocker", blocking water from entering. That of course was on my relaxed hair. My natural hair never ceases to amaze me...Who knows... maybe just maybe when I'm 100% natural, maybe this will be one of those "turn around" products... I'll see. But for now, transitioning that is, this is a "curb" product!

[ QUOTE ]
nesha24 said:
I used to use it when I was younger and it worked really well on my oh so dry hair! Luster makes an ECXELLENT glosser that I highly suggest!

[/ QUOTE ]

The glosser is already on my "to buy" list /images/graemlins/cool.gif
I can't wait to try it.

Back