Who said to use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion on your hair?

Should this be applied on dry hair or wet hair?

I usually use it on wet hair. However, I did use this mixed with some Jojoba oil on dry hair when I went to Miami for Christmas before I went to the beach. My hair was so nice and moisterized...but that was the only time I did do it that way.

*sigh* I :love: this! When I went to the store and read the ingredients, I saw they were better than almost every hair product marketed to AA's! I saturated my hair with this and Lubriderm Foot Therapy ( it has lactic acid, which is the key ingredient behind the coconut milk & lime natural relaxer) overnight and covered with saran wrap - I rinsed in the morning and noticed that my hair seemed stretched. It was also very very soft. I added a tad more lotion then sealed with castor/sweet almond oil and airdried. Later that day when it was completely dry I flat ironed with my sedu. The lotion seems to give my hair more weight - making it hang better and making it glossier, but without actually weighing it down. I woke up the next morning to the same glossy smooth hair. I added less than a dime size amount to my ends and went about my business.

DEFINITELY a staple. Esp considering the ingredients, price, and scent.

tried it today! love it!

A co-worker had some on her desk and I was like " May I have some of your lotion" and she was like:yep:
Then when she saw me put it on my hair she was like:blush: and I was like:look:

It worked very well. I'll get some on my next target run.:lick:

tried it today! love it!

A co-worker had some on her desk and I was like " May I have some of your lotion" and she was like:yep:

:lachen::lachen:Girl you are silly!

VICL and Palmers Cocoa Butter left my hair feeling soft but I'll stick with my Giovanni Direct & Rusk leave in conditioners.

Last edited:
This is a great tip. I've been using VICL for a few weeks and it works like a charm. I had to travel to CA for work this month and could not carry all my hair products (limitations for liquids in carry on luggage) so I just used the VICL.

*sigh* I :love: this! When I went to the store and read the ingredients, I saw they were better than almost every hair product marketed to AA's! I saturated my hair with this and Lubriderm Foot Therapy ( it has lactic acid, which is the key ingredient behind the coconut milk & lime natural relaxer) overnight and covered with saran wrap - I rinsed in the morning and noticed that my hair seemed stretched. It was also very very soft. I added a tad more lotion then sealed with castor/sweet almond oil and airdried. Later that day when it was completely dry I flat ironed with my sedu. The lotion seems to give my hair more weight - making it hang better and making it glossier, but without actually weighing it down. I woke up the next morning to the same glossy smooth hair. I added less than a dime size amount to my ends and went about my business.

DEFINITELY a staple. Esp considering the ingredients, price, and scent.

Luberderm huh? Hmmmm.....:grin:

tried it today! love it!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I used maybe a couple dime sized amounts on damp hair and then sealed with my castor oil. How do you use it?

I use at least a 1/2 - 1 tablespoon in my hands and spread it thoughout my wet hair. I smooth it in really well and then I seal it lightly. It stays moisterized all day into the next morning...amazing stuff!

This is a great tip. I've been using VICL for a few weeks and it works like a charm. I had to travel to CA for work this month and could not carry all my hair products (limitations for liquids in carry on luggage) so I just used the VICL.

Now, that's what I'm talkin about.

I have been using this for a little while now, and I'm so in love with it...I haven't used any of my other moisterizers I have in my stash.

Well, I am currently on the search for a good hair moisturizer and skin lotion. So I guess it won't hurt for me to give this a try. I know the Cocoa VICL made my skin feel so soft and Ive been meaning to get me some

tried it today! love it!

Im going to need you to curb you PJism at work.:lachen:

I wonder how this stuff compares to lacio lacio and salerm?:scratchch

http://www.vaseline.com/total-moisture.html

click on the link...it's flash so unless i did some work, the picture won't post. :)

This is the one I just purchased at CVS. I wasn't sure it was the right one so I bought the 3oz size. I'm doing my daughter's hair later and I wanna give this a try. She has natural 3c bsl hair. I'll let you know how it works. If it works great.....I'll run back and get a larger one.

I sure wish I lived where you all live. This 3oz size cost me 2.69.

Question........I see some people not wanting to use this...instead they're going to stick with their regular leave in conditioner.

My question is.....are you all using it as a leave in conditioner or as a moisturizer?

I planned on putting it in her hair after the leave in conditioner.

Thanks in advance.

I used VICL (total moisture) for everything. I used VICL on my ends when I pin curled my hair the other night. I also just used it tonight (mixed with water) for my roller set and then I put a little in my hands to run through my dry hair before applying a little coconut oil.

I don't know if this vaseline stuff is good long-term. My fine hair felt weighed down and I started experiencing a lot of breakage over time. I clarified & stopped using it STAT! :nono:

Once I was visiting a friend, sweated out my hair, wanted to wash, and forgot to bring my hair products. My only option was a wash-n-go or walk around looking crazy. :look: So I borrowed some stuff and pulled out some lotion to use as a moisturizer. My curl definition was banging that day.

I was wondering what was up with my wash-n-gos lately, so lightbulb went off to try some lotion again. I used it yesterday and the curl definition was again banging, but I used too much, so I decided to start all over and try again.

My hair is drying as I type. I hope this lotion experiment turns out good. We'll see.

Yes I dug up this thousand page thread....... Loving the search feature!!!I will be trying this PRONTO!...***putting on my shoes right now to go to Wal mart***.....So any VICL will do right???????????

Back