Who do you think should pop the L-word first?

Who should say "I Love You" first?

• Man

Votes: 68 100.0%
  • Woman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*SkolarStar*

Who do you think should say "I love you" first? The man or the woman?

I was thinking the man because of the whole animal instinct/a-man-needs-to-chase-thing until I really thought about it. Does it even matter? If the feelings aren't mutual then they just aren't no matter who says it first.

I'm with someone of who I have major feelings for, he has the same for me. Then I got to thinking about it. When (God willing) the time comes for me to get that special L-word feeling for him, who should say it?

i agree with you! it really doesnt matter :yep:.... if i just had to choose though (lol), i would say the guy for me. i say this because its easy for many girls to fall in love faster and deeper than guys...& to have that special guy tell u that he loves is the best feeling ever, especially if he's not saying it because u said it first. but it shouldnt matter, because any guy or girl can play with someone's feelings once they find out that person loves them and it puts them in control. Lets just be sure of who we tell we love & the seriousness of the relationship.... the person who loves the less is always in control!

I like this post & love ur answer as well :grin::grin::grin:

I don't think that it matters... I mean you feel what you feel regardless of if you're the man or woman, rigt?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I feel it doesn't really matter who says it first, but I'd like the actions to measure up to the words. Some men can say it so easily, because they think it's what the woman wants to hear.

Show me you love me then when you say it, I'll believe it.

i don't think it matters. i probably wouldn't say it unless i felt that he felt the same way.

my ex said it first. and then i said it like a month or so later. lol. but he was my first real/serious relationship so i was just like "do i? can i?"

i'm also a very sensitive/timid person who does not dig rejection, so i'd let him say it first. but just because of my personality, not because i'm a woman & he's the man. :perplexed

I think the man should say I love you first. Just like the man should propose. In a Utopian society it wouldn't matter but we don't live in one, LOL!

I know many will hem and haw about it but sometimes telling a man before he is ready to say it or possibly admit to himself that he feels this way for you, it can cause him to retreat and ultimately end up hurting the relationship. Yes, I know it's not fair or right and I am sure many know someone who did and they're fine. Those are the exception and NOT the rule. When a man is truly in love with you, there's no way (even the shyest man) you'd beat him to saying, "I Love You," first.

Last edited:
Im sorry, but my hormones be having my mind playing tricks on me from time to time so.... I would like it to be confirmed on the outside :) *shrugs* Im just saying

I prefer the man to say it first. I'd be sad if I said it first and he wasn't ready to say it as well.

IA with lucie too.

I think the man should say it first.
His actions before and after he says it will also speak volumes to me.

Who do you think should say "I love you" first? The man or the woman?

I was thinking the man because of the whole animal instinct/a-man-needs-to-chase-thing until I really thought about it. Does it even matter? If the feelings aren't mutual then they just aren't no matter who says it first.

I'm with someone of who I have major feelings for, he has the same for me. Then I got to thinking about it. When (God willing) the time comes for me to get that special L-word feeling for him, who should say it?

The man. It matters :yep:

Back