Which movie would best describe your idea or experiences of love?

Ladyhawke (1985)

A dark fairytale in Medieval France. The two lovers are doomed to lifelong separation by a demonic curse ("Always together; eternally apart") invoked by the corrupt and jealous Bishop of Aquila: by day Isabeau is transformed into a hawk, while at night Navarre becomes a wolf.

"One day, we will know such happiness as two people dream of, but never do."

I love the classic idea behind this story that is almost lost nowadays: fighting, trusting and believing until they can be together.

Last edited:
My favorite movie of all time is Pride & Prejudice (the A&E version).

Experience wise though I gotta give it to Brigitte Jones Diary (minus the happy ending). That first scene in the movie with the Celine Dion's "All By Myself" song was so relatable it was scary. :lol:

ETA: Oh and the scene at the all couples dinner party where she is put on the spot with the million dollar question. Her response is classic, lol!

Last edited:
Dirty Dancing-im baby :lol:
tried to do what was expected of me but my heart had other ideas

-Forgetting Sarah Marshal

-Bridget Jones diary

-Two Moon Junction

-the notebook

bridget jones because she was just so awkward and the soundtrack was like she was in my damn head.

500 days of summer. ugh after a break up just so cynically funny. and i feel like i have a musical in my head as well.

love and basketball i watch it every time it comes on. and that part at the end when you made a fool of me comes on... so intense.

brown sugar. it was just a funny cool movie to me. plus i want to fall in love with someone that is my friend. and the dynamic between taye and sanaa. they need to make another movie together.

i really liked that movie with rachel mcadams and channing tatum when she lost her memory. can't remember the name. but i thought it was just so sweet how he loved he like that. i also liked how they did crazy stuff. i want someone that is going to be wild, crazy and playful but mature.

oh and as far as sitcoms. i am such a max from living single. loved the dynamic between kyle and max. even with the insults.

I know the thread is for movies but I thought I'd add my favorite love experiences from TV shows too.

These are my ideas of love

A Different World- When Whitley and Dwayne get married. Dwayne is begging her to marry him instead of Byron like "baby please"

Friends- The last episode where Ross tells Rachel he is in love with her at the airport begging her not to get on the plane. When Rachel goes back to Ross's apartment telling him she got off the plane and that she loves him too. And they finally get back together

Sex and the City- Where Mr. Big finds Carrie at a hotel and chases her into the elevator and tells her he made a mistake and he loves her. At first she fights him off but eventually she gives in

but....but by giving in, she was cheating on Aiden. :sad:

Or are you talking about the Paris episode?

True that she was cheating on Aidan but the point was she really loved Big thats why she ultimately ended up marrying him :look:

Not saying that cheating is the way to go but I still thought that scene was romantic.

I just love how in some movies or shows a person is willing to make a fool out of themselves because they love someone. I'm such a hopeless romantic :drunk:

Last edited:
- the truth about cats and dogs
- hav plenty
- sprung (lol)
- crazy, stupid, love
- love jones
- jodhaa akbar

Just11412 said:
i really liked that movie with rachel mcadams and channing tatum when she lost her memory. can't remember the name. but i thought it was just so sweet how he loved he like that. i also liked how they did crazy stuff. i want someone that is going to be wild, crazy and playful but mature.

The Vow. I didn't like that movie at all. Although based on a real story I think the movie was unbelievable. Or maybe the script sucked. Or maybe my date sucked lol I don't know I just remember being upset leaving the theater.

The Vow. I didn't like that movie at all. Although based on a real story I think the movie was unbelievable. Or maybe the script sucked. Or maybe my date sucked lol I don't know I just remember being upset leaving the theater.

I didn't find the movie unbelievable, but, I thought it sucked too. It was really flat. :/ Maybe if it was based closer to the book? I have no idea why she feel back in love with him :/

I have some favorites....

500 Days of Summer: the whole expectations vs reality thing when you have unreciprocated feelings for someone is so spot on. Also, the whole downfall of a relationship and then surviving it to emerge as a better version of yourself aka Tom at the end.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: I think this movie kind of shows that sometimes some people are just "drawn" to each other no matter what, no matter how many times their memories are erased they will still end up feeling drawn to that person.

They don't describe my outlook or ideal at all, but I think both have very relatable messages.

Gone in 60 Seconds

He's Just Not That Into You

40 Year Old Virgin

I Am Sam

Liar Liar

Undercover Brother

I'm exagerrating because I'm in a funny mood tonight lol

I have some favorites....

500 Days of Summer: the whole expectations vs reality thing when you have unreciprocated feelings for someone is so spot on. Also, the whole downfall of a relationship and then surviving it to emerge as a better version of yourself aka Tom at the end.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: I think this movie kind of shows that sometimes some people are just "drawn" to each other no matter what, no matter how many times their memories are erased they will still end up feeling drawn to that person.

They don't describe my outlook or ideal at all, but I think both have very relatable messages.

Yes to the above!!

Also..

Bridget Jones
The Holiday
Fools Rush In (love this movie..)

Back