Which movie would best describe your idea or experiences of love?

I agree that people are scared of those feelings, especially when it's with a person you didn't expect. I have felt drawn to people, but it usually ends up being one-sided :ohwell:

I love the 2nd movie more because that dialogue was REAL TALK. It starts off all light-hearted but then they both open up and let their walls down and confess that their lives were a mess because they experienced that love for a moment, lost it, and just gave up. He settled for the safe life with a wife he didn't love and she just gave up on romantic love. That movie is so rich and deep. I have to be in a certain mood to watch that DVD and I get something new out of it each time.

I remember watching this movie a week straight once, the second one. I was so compelled by it, and when it ended I had to watch it again. It was theraputic in a way for what I was going through.

I love the ending, but I wont I wont spoil it for those who havent seen it.

Spoilers:

When she was singing to Nina Simone, (I love that song now after this movie. ) And she said, "Baby, you are going to miss that plane." And he said, "I know." and smiled. It always gives me goosebumps.

Sweet November- I love the idea of someone showing me how to live life to the fullest.

Definitely Maybe- what a sweet movie

Yes I think it is possible. True love can happen in any way . I know people with similar stories. Even more realistic to me was that they didnt end up together, but they reconnected in the sequel. I thought the dialogue in the 2nd one was very real and beautiful. I love how vulnerable both characters felt when they thought about their youth and how open they were to love and who they were as 30 year olds.

I think people do feel and instant connection to people, but are afraid to explore it. If more people did Before Sunrise's story would happen alot more often. :yep:

ETA: I did have a connection with one guy which was very instantaneous a few months after first watching Before Sunrise. And it happened on June 16th. :grin:

Yep, it's all about being open and having no expectations. In my case after an amazing, magical night hanging out with this man and smooching like crazy until the wee hours of the morning....the next day it totally shifted. Reality set it and it was clear that the likelihood of this being anything other then a great memory was pretty low. We called each other for awhile, but soon that became too difficult too and it just frittered away.

But don't regret it one bit. SOOO worth that feeling of being totally in sync with someone you just met.

"The Bridges of Madison County" tells my life story somewhat. I gave up a lot of my wants and dreams for my children too. They are worth it. This movie makes me cry like a baby every time I watch it.

Spoilers:

Response to spoiler:
I think he knew a while back that he had no intention of catching that plane :lachen:

And I LOVE that Nina Simone song:
Just in time you’ve found me just in time
Before you came my time was running low
I was lost the losing dice were tossed
My bridges all were crossed nowhere to go
Now you hear now I know just where I’m going
No more doubt of fear I’ve found my way
For love came just in time
you’ve found me just in time
And changed my lonely nights that lucky day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehZErsT_S1c

And my favorite scene from Before Sunrise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbjL172kew

Response to spoiler:
I think he knew a while back that he had no intention of catching that plane

And I LOVE that Nina Simone song:
Just in time you’ve found me just in time
Before you came my time was running low
I was lost the losing dice were tossed
My bridges all were crossed nowhere to go
Now you hear now I know just where I’m going
No more doubt of fear I’ve found my way
For love came just in time
you’ve found me just in time
And changed my lonely nights that lucky day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehZErsT_S1c

And my favorite scene from Before Sunrise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbjL172kew

Ok this is making me want to watch the movies now. :grin:

Love Jones is coming on tonight though so I may watch that then these movies.

And I think you're right. He knew what he was doing. He probably went there with the intention of finding her. It was like his law of attraction, write the book and she will find me. awww

More Spoilers:
What I truly love about the movie is that they barely touch each other, yet there is so much love. Like the part when they are talking in the cab and they both reach out to touch one another but never do. That part was so amazing and you could feel the love and longing in both of them.

Gone with the Wind-I was always looking for my "Ashley" when "Rhett" was more my speed. Like Scarlett, I also feel like I put love on the back burner in my pursuit of money and related things.

Serendipity - Cool to think that the universe is conspiring for you and your love to come together.

Yes...just yes! I wanted to go to the movies and see this,but didn't. One afternoon I caught it on cable and after it went off, I just bawled. :grin: I can laugh about it now, but watching it was what made me realize, finally, that my then SO and I were not meant to be. We broke up three weeks later. I know you shouldn't base your relationships on TV, but it really hit home that if I spend my time with the wrong one, the right one will never reach me. Best decision ever.

Wuthering Heights, Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes version. When Heathcliff overhears Cathy and the cook talking it just breaks my heart. I love his strong enduring love for Cathy, but get so angry at his unwillingness to open his heart...poor, poor Heathcliff...

Amelie. I identify with her character so much and I'm always creating fantasies in my mind. I love that with all her quirks she meets her love in the end and kisses him all over his face...its so sweet!

ScorpioBeauty09 said:
My idea of love and actual experiences are totally different.

How I've experienced love: Dear John, Brown Sugar, Notorious (movie with Cary Grant)

My ideal of love:

Lord of the Rings (Aragorn and Arwen--kinda goes to the whole IR thing)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (I love the idea me and my man against the world)

Ever After

Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham

Chalte Chalte

Just Wright

Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea/Continuing Story

A Walk in the Clouds

Fools Rush In

You're my friend in my head! I thought I was the only one who was going to say 'Anne of Green Gables'.

Another idealized movie relationship would be 'When Harry met Sally'

'Love Jones' to some extent.

Unfortunately, my real life relationships have been more like 'The Thornbirds'

OK, just saw a clip of the 2006 Jane Eyre with Toby Stephens on YT and I like him but I think Charlotte Gainsbourg (1996 version) is better as Jane.

Ok. I just watched a movie called Like Crazy... omg it was like watching me and my SO's love story on film...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I watched most of it at LovelyNaps26 suggestion. I can see why people love the 2006 version, but I don't think it's my favorite. I'm glad that I can appreciate each version in its own way. Ruth Wilson was probably the most spirited Jane, but the 2006 version took some liberties. :lol::lol: Jane Eyre would have never have let Rochester kiss her/be in bed with him after the big reveal.

edit: When I have more time, I will try to watch your 1996 version and the 2011 one with Michael Fassbender. I'm not sure if 2011 got good reviews, but people seem to like Fassbender either way.

Yeah, there was a lot of kissing going on in that movie LOL. I really like Mia W but the 2011 version was not that good. :nono:

For the Before Sunrise/Before Sunset fans, a third movie is being filmed. :thud: Hawke said in the Fall of 2011:

“We’re also doing a follow-up to ‘Before Sunrise’ and ‘Before Sunset,’ so that will be fun. We’re going to shoot that this summer,” Hawke revealed. “I’ve gotten into trouble, so I’m sworn to secrecy [about where it will take place]. The biggest change between this one and the last one is the Internet. The first time we did it, we didn’t have any pressure; nobody gave a sh*t.”

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ethan-Hawke-Julie-Delpy-Shooting-Sequel-Sunrise-Sunset-31409.html

:dance7:

Atonement - WHEW!!! That movie made me CRY!!! I REFUSE to watch it again.

Love Story

500 days of summer

Pride and Prejudice

Jane Eyre (Tim Dalton version) - there was a part he was BEGGING her to stay. I was in tears.

(Not really a movie) Sherlock Holmes BBC - Second Season - I feel I can relate to the Molly character, I feel that I'm the woman who would secretly love a great guy and still go unnoticed by him.

For the Before Sunrise/Before Sunset fans, a third movie is being filmed. :thud: Hawke said in the Fall of 2011:

“We’re also doing a follow-up to ‘Before Sunrise’ and ‘Before Sunset,’ so that will be fun. We’re going to shoot that this summer,” Hawke revealed. “I’ve gotten into trouble, so I’m sworn to secrecy [about where it will take place]. The biggest change between this one and the last one is the Internet. The first time we did it, we didn’t have any pressure; nobody gave a sh*t.”

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ethan-Hawke-Julie-Delpy-Shooting-Sequel-Sunrise-Sunset-31409.html

:dance7:

YIPEEE!!! :woot::band2::trampolin:yay:

The Wedding Planner:

Mary: "I'm a magnet for unavailable men.....and I'm sick of it."

^^^
Until recently, this quote described my love life completely.

What about sitcoms? Im a walking joan from "girlfriends" socially awkward when it comes to men that is if i can "find" one. The few good men that i have "happened" upon ive scared away :ohwell:

When Harry Met Sally

I love how it wasnt love at first sight for Harry & Sally and their friendship/getting to know each spanned over years & different phases of their lives. Also the quirks & arguments they had I can totally relate to. They werent falling in love with perfect people but with the person who was perfect for them.

Forrest Gump: not only love life but my whole life really

Jasons Lyric: Im sick of dating dudes that are trying to be Captain Save-a-Ninja. Lyric is right, other grown folks problems were not Jasons problem. He needed to work on his own life.

As far as sitcom, definitely Will and Grace.

Back