Which movie would best describe your idea or experiences of love?

Smiley79

Just for fun. You ever watch a movie and say "That's Me!" all the way. You totally identify with the feelings or situations of the movie. Which movie can you totally identify yourself with whether past, present or future?

Me first, I'd have to roll with:

Love Jones- Need I say more...I currently feel like Nia Long all the way. About to give up on the idea of love but hey...hopefully my Larenz Tate will come along one day. :lachen:

Something New- Cute movie; I would love that experience of trying an IR relationship

Jumping the Broom- Overall that movie just gave me a feel good feeling about Love all over again.

The Hills- although not a movie, I can identify with Lauren Conrad to a T. I have her personality and can identify with her hit or miss experiences when it comes to dating. It always seems like for her "good girls" come last.

Fun Thread.

Some of these have sort of happened to me but mostly I just like the idea of these movies.

When Harry met Sally - Love the idea of falling in love with your best friend.

Serendipity - Cool to think that the universe is conspiring for you and your love to come together.

Four Weddings and a Funeral - Although I wish Andie McDowell's character had a bit more personality, I love the idea of love at first sight and the movie is adorable!

Say Anything - John Cusack + boombox. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Fun Thread.

Some of these have sort of happened to me but mostly I just like the idea of these movies.

When Harry met Sally - Love the idea of falling in love with your best friend.

Serendipity - Cool to think that the universe is conspiring for you and your love to come together.

Four Weddings and a Funeral - Although I wish Andie McDowell's character had a bit more personality, I love the idea of love at first site and the movie is adorable!

Say Anything - John Cusack + boombox. Nuff said.

Yes to the bolded!

Ever After- the idea of having true love and finding your prince charming after so much pain in your life is so beautiful.

The Notebook- self explanatory

Love & Basketball- getting the man of your dreams that you've wanted for so long. Having the courage to even tell him is great in this movie.

Sleepless in Seattle- knowing someone is the one even if you havent met him, so beautiful.

Before Sunrise/Sunset- just amazing and romantic to meet someone for the first time and spend the entire day falling for them in romatic Vienna. I want to experience something like this someday.

Fools Rush In- there are signs everywhere :yep:

Brown Sugar- ending up with your childhood friend even after you thought you would lose them forever.

The Adjustment Bureau- love is worth fighting for even if everyone tells you its wrong. If you feel it in your heart go for it.

A Walk in the Clouds- because if I had a dude who look like Keanu Reeves pretending to be ,my husband life would be sweet. lol

Eat, Pray , Love- travel the world and find yourself and your soulmate.

I need to think of more, great thread.

Last edited:
Ideal - An American President. I love MDouglas' presence and the emotions you can feel when he and Annette Benning are together.
Experiences - LoveActually: the scenario with Allan Rickman's character... I've been in the wife's shoes.

Dang op, me too on

Love Jones

Love & Basketball

Something New-I can be difficult and letting control go is also difficult.

Pride & Prejudice

The English Patient

Last edited:
City of Angels- love goes beyond life and death.

The Lover- omg great movie, and forbidden love can be so enticing.

Yes to the bolded!

Ever After- the idea of having true love and finding your prince charming after so much pain in your life is so beautiful.

The Notebook- self explanatory

Love & Basketball- getting the man of your dreams that you've wanted for so long. Having the courage to even tell him is great in this movie.

Sleepless in Seattle- knowing someone is the one even if you havent met him, so beautiful.

Before Sunrise/Sunset- just amazing and romantic to meet someone for the first time and spend the entire day falling for them in romatic Vienna. I want to experience something like this someday.

Fools Rush In- there are signs everywhere :yep:

Brown Sugar- ending up with your childhood friend even after you thought you would lose them forever.

The Adjustment Bureau- love is worth fighting for even if everyone tells you its wrong. If you feel it in your heart go for it.

A Walk in the Clouds- because if I had a dude who look like Keanu Reeves pretending to be ,my husband life would be sweet. lol

Eat, Pray , Love- travel the world and find yourself and your soulmate.

I need to think of more, great thread.

YES. Both of those films are just brilliant!

Also love the Adjustment Bureau

I love these movies but I just don't think it's realistic. A year or two ago, I thought something like this was possible. :ohwell:

For me I'd say Persuasion, P&P, or North & South because there's a misunderstanding or conflict between the main characters, a period of waiting/maturing, followed by redemption and true love. :drunk:

I love these movies but I just don't think it's realistic. A year or two ago, I thought something like this was possible. :ohwell:

For me I'd say Persuasion, P&P, or North & South because there's a misunderstanding or conflict between the main characters, a period of waiting/maturing, followed by redemption and true love. :drunk:

OMG words cannot express how much I love North & South. I've watched it a zillion times and read the book to pieces. Margaret Hale is one of my favorite female characters ever.

OMG words cannot express how much I love North & South. I've watched it a zillion times and read the book to pieces. Margaret Hale is one of my favorite female characters ever.

I never thought Mr. Darcy would have competition, but Mr. Thornton is awesome :yep: I have the book on my kindle and will get around to reading it soon.

The last scene :thud: Margaret was such a G! Love how she kissed him, went back to the train and picked up her bags from the other dude :lachen: Mr. Thornton was so happy when he said "you coming home with me?!?!" *sigh*

Current SO - The Ross and Rachel thing (pretty much move for move apart from it took 3 years for us to finally be alone together *sigh* :o ), mixed with a lil bit of No Strings Attached I guess. Long story lol

Generally any movies where the guy falls in love a lot faster than the reserved woman mirror my experiences.

Gomez and Morticia from the Adams Family (show and movie) are my ideal couple. Just madly in love and well matched personality and world view wise.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
While You Were Sleeping.

These are my two favorite romantic comedies ever.

Crackers Phinn said:
Gomez and Morticia from the Adams Family (show and movie) are my ideal couple. Just madly in love and well matched personality and world view wise.

These are my two favorite romantic comedies ever.

Gomez and Morticia were me and one of my exes. I even referred to him as "Boobula, dahhhhling!" :lol:

Pride and Prejudice: sometimes we're afraid to fall in love with the person that suits us best

tumblr_m4rau1iouI1r4seuko1_500.gif

Jane Eyre (BBC 2006 version): the shy rejected girl finds love everlasting in the arms of a dark and complicated stranger. Rochester, played by Toby Stephens (Dame Maggie Smith's son) gave me life. Wooo Chile

1690280_o.gif

*if you love classic films and haven't seen this do yourself a favor and watch this. the whole things is on youtube

My ex and I were referred to as Melanie and Derwin from The Game. We literally went through everything they went through, except the marriage.

Oh I think the Sunset movies are very, very, possible. Especially when you're young and open.

Something similar happened to me years ago while traveling and it was AMAZING...no coloring but some serious making out

What's unlikely is that you end up together forever.

There's an older BBC one with Timothy Dalton. He is such a good actor - he made that role. I think that's my favorite version. He makes me overlook the lady who played Jane, who got on my last nerves :lol::lol:

600full-jane-eyre-screenshot.jpg

Tim Dalton is HAWT. But I didn't like that version. I hated Jane LOL. I liked this version. I liked the latest version with Mia but I didn't like Fassbender in that role.

51FWTDJT65L._AA160_.jpg

Oh I think the Sunset movies are very, very, possible. Especially when you're young and open.

Something similar happened to me years ago while traveling and it was AMAZING...no coloring but some serious making out

What's unlikely is that you end up together forever.

I guess I've never experienced that instant connection so I'm beginning to doubt it exists? But that's awesome that you had that experience. I wish they would make a BS3! But that would ruin the mystery I guess.

I guess I've never experienced that instant connection so I'm beginning to doubt it exists? But that's awesome that you had that experience. I wish they would make a BS3! But that would ruin the mystery I guess.

Yes I think it is possible. True love can happen in any way . I know people with similar stories. Even more realistic to me was that they didnt end up together, but they reconnected in the sequel. I thought the dialogue in the 2nd one was very real and beautiful. I love how vulnerable both characters felt when they thought about their youth and how open they were to love and who they were as 30 year olds.

I think people do feel and instant connection to people, but are afraid to explore it. If more people did Before Sunrise's story would happen alot more often. :yep:

ETA: I did have a connection with one guy which was very instantaneous a few months after first watching Before Sunrise. And it happened on June 16th. :grin:

Last edited:
Yes I think it is possible. True love can happen in any way . I know people with similar stories. Even more realistic to me was that they didnt end up together, but they reconnected in the sequel. I thought the dialogue in the 2nd one was very real and beautiful. I love how vulnerable both characters felt when they thought about their youth and how open they were to love and who they were as 30 year olds.

I think people do feel and instant connection to people, but are afraid to explore it. If more people did Before Sunrise's story would happen alot more often. :yep:

ETA: I did have a connection with one guy which was very instantaneous a few months after first watching Before Sunrise. And it happened on June 16th. :grin:

I agree that people are scared of those feelings, especially when it's with a person you didn't expect. I have felt drawn to people, but it usually ends up being one-sided :ohwell:

I love the 2nd movie more because that dialogue was REAL TALK. It starts off all light-hearted but then they both open up and let their walls down and confess that their lives were a mess because they experienced that love for a moment, lost it, and just gave up. He settled for the safe life with a wife he didn't love and she just gave up on romantic love. That movie is so rich and deep. I have to be in a certain mood to watch that DVD and I get something new out of it each time.

Think like a man ~ like Megan Goode I had to sit down and reevaluate how I was approaching dating and why I got hurt so many times before things finally worked out

My idea of love and actual experiences are totally different.

How I've experienced love: Dear John, Brown Sugar, Notorious (movie with Cary Grant)

My ideal of love:

Lord of the Rings (Aragorn and Arwen--kinda goes to the whole IR thing)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (I love the idea me and my man against the world)

Ever After

Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham

Chalte Chalte

Just Wright

Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea/Continuing Story

A Walk in the Clouds

Fools Rush In

Back