Whatcha Trying this Weekend?

I think I'mma buy myself some clippers and cut my hair. I'm newly natural (again) and all these straight pieces are driving me mad!!! After that, I'll be working on my twa. Trying different gels and pomades to see what's what. Maybe buy a black rinse to help with the grays. Maybe 86 the clippers idea and go the barber shop {shrugs}. So yeah, that's what I'm doing!

I would like to try Surge if I can find some at Sally's in a minute. After that, I'm off hair products, except I need some creme of nature shampoo, a good ionic blow dryer and a hard protein ala Aphogee.

I want to try my new Conair 3/4" straightener on my new growth to see if it will help with stretching.

I'm not going overboard with the heat every week though.

This weekend will be about relaxing (ORS No-Lye) & using some of my Wella Conditioners that have been sitting in my product bin for far toooooo long. :lol:

victorious said:
I want to try my new Conair 3/4" straightener on my new growth to see if it will help with stretching.

I'm not going overboard with the heat every week though.

If you do try it will you post results? I was looking at one of those but I'm not sure if I want to buy it yet since I haven't seen anyone use it.

Ok, I started tonight with a Amla and Ojon treatment. I made sure the oils went to every strand, put my plastic cap on and my scarf over that. I will do my washout tommorrow.

Have to add this: My husband said to me...."ummm, what's that smell?" I told him that its a good treatment that's going to continue to make my hair grow. He said " oh, ok....keep using it then because I know I see you doing a lot with your hair and it is growing longer and so much thicker...even from last month it has gotten thicker." LOL!!!

I purchased the Aveda Damage Remedy line today so I will be trying it this weekend.....I'll holla back in the hits or misses thread after I use it for a month or so. :look:

la flaca said:
I am gonna try henna/indigo gloss with coconut milk

Results:

My hair was very hard as it was the first time I did the Henna gloss, but this time I pre-poo with henna instead of using it as a conditioner. I rinsed until the water ran clear, then I shampooed and was shocked to see the amount of henna still left in my hair. (That's why it was so hard the first time I tried)

Now, I can say I'm in love with Henna. I applied Lacio Lacio & some butters and my hair is gorgeous.:lick: :yay:

today (6/9/07) i tried ic fantasia gel on my kids' wng and LOVED it!!! i topped it with tresseme curl gel and and their curls were pop-pop-POPPIN!

i am trying oil (castor & olive) in my conditioner pre-poo (on my hair now) and coconut milk in my dc

RosesBlack said:
If you do try it will you post results? I was looking at one of those but I'm not sure if I want to buy it yet since I haven't seen anyone use it.

I tried it, but I didn't do all of my hair. I used it on a section near my left temple after dabbing a little ORS moisturizing lotion. It worked well on temperature #1.

My hair is six weeks post with almost an inch of new growth, so I'll wait after eight weeks posts and see how it really works.

It didn't have good reviews on Amazon, but I still took a chance on it because my curling iron works well.

I just bought a K Cutter comb from the bss (I've been wanting to get one, but didn't know where to get it from, and today I just stumbled on it! I've already combed my hair with it, and I love it!!! I also got some Elasta QP DR-11. I'm about to wash my hair now using some Nioxin that I've had for a while, then I'll dc with the DR-11, with EVOO added to it for about 20-30 minutes. I also just received my Whipped Baggy Cream in the mail on Friday, so I'm going to use it to baggy with.

Results from last weekend: Tried Biolustre Pro treatment. :) Loved it. It's very similar to the Aphogree treatment but creamier. My hair came out soft, moisturized and feeling stronger.

This weekend: I'm trying Crede MT Shampoo and Crede ER Treatment. The treatment has hydrolyzed keratin in it and is supposed to leave the hair moisturized and frizz-free.

I never tried the aloe vera in my DC last week so I am doing it tonight. Can't wait to see how it works for me...

OnAHairQuest said:
I think I may give in and press my hair.

I want to do a length check

Oh you GOOOOTTTA post pics if you do!

I am doing nothing out of the ordinary except, I am going to add a tablespoon of CON (shampoo) to my conditioner tonight. I want fresh after CON shampoo slip damnit and I am gonna get it lol.

I figured it has no bad ingredients so why the hell not.

This weekend is the flat iron show down! Will it be Solia...Sedu...Chi? Only tomorrow will tell when I flat iron my air dried hair!! Stay tuned!!!

chayil0427 said:
This weekend is the flat iron show down! Will it be Solia...Sedu...Chi? Only tomorrow will tell when I flat iron my air dried hair!! Stay tuned!!!

Don't tell me you have the three of them? I am so jealous:cry2: I've never flat iron my hair, and I wanna try it:D

ravenmerlita said:
This weekend: I'm trying Crede MT Shampoo and Crede ER Treatment. The treatment has hydrolyzed keratin in it and is supposed to leave the hair moisturized and frizz-free.

Raven, I've been eyeing these two for a while. Let us know how your hair turned out!;)

la flaca said:
Right now I mixed coconut milk, honey and silk powder as a prepoo. Wish me luck!:D

I'll be back to report the results:)

Results:
:kissing4: :up:I really liked the silk powder:up:.
:scratchchCocomut milk and honey were too runny. I'll do it with honey and flaxseed gel next time.:)

I got the courage to wash my tree braids......and it was the bomb. I used the crown and glory method. 5 big braids, diluted CON, leave in conditioner, pin curled and air dryed. Turned out pretty good. Actually alot of the frizz I was experiencing is gone, and my scalp is clean. Will post pics later.:lol: :lol:

Currently, I am deep conditioning with CH CON followed by Queene Helen's Cholestrol CON. Then, I'm off to pick up my braider. I haven't decided on my style yet.

Just pre-pooed with ors hair mayo/evoo/vatika oil/ and honey on dry hair. I am sticking to this. My hair feels so soft right now. I will do this now on since putting oils in my dc was weighing my hair down too much.

LocksOfLuV said:
Oh you GOOOOTTTA post pics if you do!

I am doing nothing out of the ordinary except, I am going to add a tablespoon of CON (shampoo) to my conditioner tonight. I want fresh after CON shampoo slip damnit and I am gonna get it lol.

I figured it has no bad ingredients so why the hell not.

*why do I feel so compelled to do this now as I have BJ's Shikakiakiakai Oil on my head under a plastic cap? Dangit Locks!* :lol:

Im trying the Afro Detangler and the Flat iron cream from Cathy Howse's web site UBH... It's supposed to detangle and soften newgrowth like no other! I can't wait. Tackling NG is my biggest problem so I'm so excited to see how well this works and smells.

Back