Whatcha Trying this Weekend?

oh and as far as what Im doing...I guess its about time to wash this damn weave. boy is it a lot of maintenance. detangling is a mutha.

well the pj came out of me this weekend. i went back to the bss after being there yesterday and picked up tropical avacado conditioner, nacidit olive oil rinse, and john frida serum. if my hair doesnt come out banging tomorrow ill be pissed.

That Luster's Pink Oil Treatmenht is BANGIN! It made my hair feel straighter.:confused:

I mixed some with my DC too (ORS pak) we shall see how it comes out.

My lazy behind is too lazy to take time out to sit under the dryer (and too hot!!!) I'll probably to an overnight oil treatment and a scalp treatment.

I just got my Hairveda box today (:yay: ) so I will be trying out some of those items. I think I am going to put the vatika frosting on as an overnight before washing. I also got the Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment for the first time. I may try that, too. I will definitely be doing something with the Hairveda shealoe butter. I have been dying to try it. So, we'll see..

Indigo and henna this weekend. I'm also going to go back to CON to see if it can help detangle this wonderful mess.

I am using the Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer and olive oil as a pre-poo. It made my hair hard when I added it after the wash, so I am trying it before ala Macherieamour's usage of protein before her shampoo. Plus, it is almost time for a touch-up, so I could use a little strengthening.

NappyParadise said:
I gonna try the Organix Vanilla & Coconut Conditioners.

I used this last week, except I used the coconut milk one. It was good, better because I added castor oil to the mix. Let me know how you liked it.

OneInAMillion said:
Aveda Damage Remedy Conditoner & Treatment (I know, I'm so late :lol: ).

I'm having moisture issues. I see so many Aveda DR guru's in here so I have to ask: Will the shampoo, conditioner, & treatment restore moisture, or should I pick up another line?

This line just can't get enough praise on this board! It is excellent. This will definitely improve the condition of your hair in every way. The conditioner and the treatment are very moisturizing. I just got the liter-sized conditioner and I usually use it as my moisturizing DC. I think you and your hair will love it. If you do a search, you will find too many threads giving thanks and praise to Aveda for this line!

NappyParadise said:
OT! Brownie518 how does the shealoe butter smell? I have been eyeing and want to get it.

I just finished putting some of this on. I actually got the unscented( I don't know why). But, I think I am going to be loving this stuff. You should try it.
I ordered one of everything from Hairveda. I just couldn't decide and everything looked too good!! If you try it, or any of the other products, let me know how you like! :)

Okay! I sure will, I want to try it all, She has good prices and I still do the baggy method from time to time. But I will let you know.

Thanks

Oh! I almost forgot to post how my product went, Okay I tried the Organix Vanilla Conditioner and I really like it, It smells like Suaves Toasted Vanilla Sugar Conditioner, I mean it smells like someone is Baking a Yellow Cake, it made my hair soft and it is very creamy. BUT at $6.99 a Bottle & My Budget it won't be used everyday LOL!! But I think if I could add some to Suaves TVS I would have a Winner!

I luuuuuv conditioners, dominican conditioners, so while I was in my local BSS, I bought a small jar of another dominican conditioner called Tratamiento Profundo Universal (Una Bomba En 3 Pasos). It smells sooo good. I'm going to try it out when I wash my hair today.:D :D In the future I want to try Aphogee's 2 minute reconstructor and Silicon Mix's deep conditioner.

This weekend, I'm going to an Aveda Institute to get a trim and something called the Damage Remedy Hair and Scalp treatment. (I've been experiencing lots of breakage lately). I'll let you all know how it went! :D

ETA: It was fabulous. I'm now an Aveda junkie. :-)

Last edited:
Last night I did a complete moisturizing process.

First and foremost I am trying to avoid becoming a PJ. (Even though you ladies make it very hard sometimes to resist temptation- that's why I make my wallet the final say-so when it comes to temptation! ;))

Anywho first I detangled my 4 day old rollerset with LeKair Cholesterol Plus and my Jibere de Paris comb- Thanks for raving about that comb Divine Insipration! I tried it for the first time yesterday and it is an excellent product!! :) So my hair was then covered in cholesterol and I left it in two large braids.

Into the shower I go!

Then since I'm trying out Silk Elements products. I followed up with their Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I do I half of my head at a time and used the Jibere de Paris comb to make sure the conditioner was thouroughly applied. I let that sit for a few minutes. Then I rinsed followed up with The Mega Silk Moisturizing Treatment. I put a plastic cap on and left that in for oh about 25-30 minutes.

Then I rinsed out and applied my leave-ins: Garnier Fructis Length and Strength ends strengthening Leave-in and Mizani H20 Intensive Night Treatment, then I sealed the whole thing with Keracare Essential Oils. On to rollersetting my whole head and then sitting under the dryer for an hour while checking out LHCF. We'll see when I feel like taking it down this afternoon! :lol:

preciousjewel76 said:
kels, another protein treatment might be too much for your hair. Maybe just give it a good dose of moisturizing conditioner? You could have too much protein.

And, of course, clarify first!:)

PreciousJewel & Naturelle - Thanks!! I didnt see these posts but I remembered reading somewhere on the board that CPR has alot of protein in it. Then I figured thats what was wrong w/ my hair - too much protein. So I did the NTM mask + EVOO over nite under a baggie and my scarf two nites in a row plus I have it in today for my WnG. I didnt clarify tho... :ohwell: I dont want to do a moisture overload but I really think my hair is out of balance.. Im gonna wait a couple days before baggying again w/ the NTM/EVOO mix. Or I might get some Elasta QP DR-11 (Is that what its called?!). But whatever I do over the next couple weeks, Ill make sure its moisture.

Newho, thanks again!! :D

la flaca said:
I am under the dryer with Motion CPR with jojoba & EVO oil as a prepoo:eek: let's see what happens!, and after that I will DC with Elasta Qp with honey:weird: Wish me luck!:lol: :lol:

Results:
Well, I am not sure about CPR & Elasta:ohwell: . I lost a lot of hair and my hair was hard to detangle. Hair looks pretty today after I rollerseted and dryed under the hood.

kels823 said:
My hair is stupid dry and is still breaking despite my protein treatments... so either tonite or tomorrow Im gonna throw some Motions CPR+EVOO in my hair dry for about an hr or so, poo w/ CON then DC w/ NTM Mask + EVOO. Ive never done the CPR+EVOO thing... Hopefully it helps w/ the dryness/breakage.

It sounds like you're doing too many protein treatments. Protein makes your hair stronger but it also makes it hard and if your hair lacks moisture, it will break. Make sure your balancing your conditioning treatments between protein and deep moisturizing. I use protein with one washing and then the next time I wash I use a deep moisturizing that way my hair's balanced between protein and moisture. HTH!:p

I don't think I will do a rollerset afterall today. My BF is away for business so I am going to take advantage of my time alone and workout a lot. (I need to lose 10 pounds!) That means I need to find some hair options because I am going to shampoo my hair today AND tomorrow after workouts.

I think I am going to do a braid out today. I have not done that is a while. I think that will be a nice no-heat option that I would not mind washing away again tomorrow. Plus it may be cute for going out later.

A rollerset would just be too much.

I am going to try it with my dust collecting bottle of NTM silk touch and kemi oil.

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I'm going to shampoo and deep condition with ORS Hair Mayo then air dry and curl with caruso's.

Dang that's another thing I could try. :perplexed Maybe I will try that one tomorrow. I wonder if that would turn out well on texlaxed hair. Isis does that and her hair looks great. My luck it will be a mess on me.

sareca said:
I tired the rehyrant and I love it--never givin' it up. :nono:

Sareca, OT, but I notice from your siggie that you use StyleOne poo. How is that? I need to order some protein from them soon and was thinking of getting a set that includes the poo. I have used their clarifying shampoo and the moisturizing conditioner. The clarifying was decent and the conditioner was really good, but I always wondered about the regular shampoo.

I am deep conditioning with Queen Helene (one hour, no heat), then I'm going to use a conditioner PLUS a leave in conditioners (all Motions). Then I'm going to use a water-based moisturizer (Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil - first ingredient is water!) and seal with BB Growth Oil.

:D

I'm tryin a much needed protein treatment. Just got some Emergencee so i'm gonna see if it can stop my breakage. Then gonna DC with my Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin and Babusa Mud Conditioner. And then airdry as usual:)

I tried plopping with Fantasia IC gel and it was a hot mess. :mad: I loved the texture of the curls and coils but the back of my hair is longer than the sides and front so the shape sucks! I feel like I will need another 2 years (AT LEAST!) of transitioning before I can have a full SL wash and go. :(

It was a waste of water and product! I'm not going to try that again for a while.

NappyParadise said:
I gonna try the Organix Vanilla & Coconut Conditioners.

:love: the Organix line. These conditioners are great! The Coconut is a nice burst of protein. My favorite is the Shea Butter. Delicious moisture. I hope you love it as much as I do!!!

Mom23 said:
I'm going to try amla oil as a pre poo and add coconut milk to my conditioner.:)

I think you are going to love this! Amla is the bomb and adding coconut milk to anything is always a good idea! You hair is gonna come out lookin' right!!!

Back