Alter ego shea butter deep conditioner

Continued Hits:

Silicon Mix
Joico Kpak liquid reconstructor

Misses:

honey added to anything
Redken anything
Alter ego shea butter deep conditioner

my hair HATES anything redken and honey too. I know to steer clear of both or else my hair will cuss me out!

Hits:
Aussie Moist
Maka Powder
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner

Miss:
Cantu Shea Butter Daily Moisturizer :nono: giving this away tomorrow

Half Hit: Silk Elements Regular Lye relaxer. This worked very nicely to texlax about half of my hair to like 75% straight, but my crown and sides, where I applied first, hardly budged. I can comb through my hair now but those areas compared to the rest of my hair are way too frizzy. My entire relaxing process was about 25 minutes, and my crown and sides didn't even begin to straighten. I am going to wash this week and then do my corrective the following week because my hair seems to be in pretty good shape, but I don't know what I will do the next time I relax. I guess I'll have to use two different strengths, because I don't want the rest of my hair bone straight :ohwell:

Hit: Palm Kernel Oil. Made my hair soft and manageable, although it smells pretty strongly of burnt popcorn. I just layered Hairveda's Vatika Frosting on top of it, so it's not so bad.

on the fence: pink eco styler gel. i've always hated gell so i dont know why i bought this but anyway, it makes my hair firm but not hard like protein overkill hard. i dont know if thats supposed to happen because i've never used gel before. is it supposed to make my hair hard? is that normal?

Hits:

• Carol's Daughter Tui Hair - smells so good!!
  • Curls Curlious Cleansing Cream - the first sulfate free shampoo that has left my hair feeling moisturized
  • My liquid hair mix - equal parts African Royale Braid spray, Infusium 23, Curls Moisturizer, and Lacio Lacio. I use this on the braids underneath my weave and it has done wonders to keep my hair soft.
  • Lisa Akbari Moisturizer - good for my weaved up hair when I need something a little heavier
Misses:
  • Keracare Humecto - does nothing for my hair:nono:
  • Keracare Hydrating Shampoo - hair still dry/no moisture

Hits that have been incorporated into my cheaper hair regimen:
Jason's Aloe Vera Sulfate Free Poo (replacing ABBA poo)
Proclaim Olive Glossing Conditioner (replaced Joico MR daily condtioner)
Proclaim Aloe Gel
Proclaim Natural 7 Olive Oil (replacing jojoba oil)

What I'm trying later this month:
Silk Elements Olive Relaxer
Silk Elements Olive Neutralizing Poo

hit: blended beauty curl styling butter. this stuff is soooooooo moisturizing on wet and dry hair. i love it. this is great for wash and gos and i know it'll be wonderful for twists. this is my new lover.

jane carter deep conditioner: this stuff is fab. i used it with heat and my hair was sooooooo silky i couldnt believe it. most people said they did like it but my hair loves it.

on the fence: oyin shine and define. i just dont see what this does. i mean my hair felt ok, nt soft and not dry. so its OK for moisture but i really didnt see anything it did that my kbb hair milk and sweet hair pudding couldnt do.

still a miss: i found my qhemet burdock root cream today and decided to put it on my dry hair. it did nothing. no moisture or softness at all. my relaxed hair rejected it and my natural hair still doesnt like it. oh well.

Hits:
L'Occitane Repairing Poo***
L'Occitane Repairing Serum****
Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid***
Kerastase Ciment Thermique****

All these items have been working fabulously. I've been really happy with the results, and I'm so in love with Ciment Thermique...

Hit: African Pride Braid spray with tea tree and peppermint oil!
And I don't have braids but this stuff make my hair and scalp feel so invirgorated!

hits: oyin greg juice
oyin HH conditioner
oyin burnt sugar pomade
oyin whipped pudding(omg i love this stuff. i cant even tell you what kind of moisture this stuff gives)
curls milkshake and whipped cream on wet hair(when my hair dried it was sooooooo soft and defined and it stayed that way all day long)

on the fence:oyin honey wash

Hits- Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture shampoo and conditoner. I am really surprised by these 2 products, I love the smell (fruity) and they make my hair really soft. Keepers for sure.

Shescentit moisture mist has a great smell and moisturizes very well, I also like that its a fine mist so you don't use alot of product.

Miss- Qhemets cocoa tree detangling ghee. Does not provide me with enough slip to detangle. But on a positive note it is moisturizing and can be used as a leave in. I have enough leave ins so i will not repurchase.

Hits:
L'Occitane Repairing Poo***
L'Occitane Repairing Serum****
Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid***
Kerastase Ciment Thermique****

All these items have been working fabulously. I've been really happy with the results, and I'm so in love with Ciment Thermique...

Please......tell me more about the Keratase Ciment Thermique?:scratchch I have the Keratase Oleo Relax

My hit & Miss are:
Hits: Love Love deep conditioning and co washing with Suave Professionals Humectant conditioner... I did not expected for it to soften and moisten more hair as much as it did, this is going to be my staple forever.
also Venetian Blends Hair Therapy Crystal D'oro Weightless shine serum it really keeps my hair soft and shiny not oily at all and it smells like oranges :grin:
Fiji water in spritz bottle...Love it, i have hard water and using this as a final rinse and in my spritz body has really helped my hair and i can tell the difference in the way my hair feels and looks.
Another hit for me was blowdrying with a denman brush, I have 4a/b hair and this gets my hair straighter than the comb attachment and i have less shredding.
Misses : Pantene Prov for curly shampoo- made me hair feel stripped

Please......tell me more about the Keratase Ciment Thermique?:scratchch I have the Keratase Oleo Relax

Hello =D I have Oleo Relax as well and love it...Ciment Thermique is a reconstructing leave-in 'milk' (its creamy) that is activated upon using heat...so when you blow dry or flat iron. From my experience, it made my hair so easy to detangle, supple, shiny AND smooth! The citrusy scent is an added bonus. HTH and feel free to ask any more questions. =D

miss: oyin honey wash. im really sad that i have to put this on my miss list. the smell(coco mango) smells of sour milk. it fakes like its going to lather and then it doesnt. it makes my hair feel waxy and squeaky clean at the same time.

miss: oyin shine and define. i liked this at first but now every time i use it my hair ends up drying hard. it does not make my hair shine or have extra definition.

hit: oyin honey hemp conditioner. when i used this as a relaxed head it was ok but not staple status. but now this stuff is amazing. i love everything about it.

hit: oyin whipped pudding. this stuff is sooooooo good. the smell is devine, the texture is to die for, and the moisture and definition it gives is superb. i didnt think it would give definition because its so dense and thick i just thought it would be a great moisturizer. but it does everything.

hit: oyin juices. love em lol. juices and berries and greg juice smell so damn good and the actually do bring a litle moisture and boost.

hit: miss jessies curly merengue. this gave great definition without making my hair dry hard and crunchy like the curly pudding does. it also smells better imo and gives moisture.

big fat im so tired of trying miss: quemet burdock root butter creme. i keep trying to love this but it does nothing. and i mean nothing. i put it into my dry hair and it didnt leave shine. it didnt make my hair feel moist or anything. it didnt feel hard, it just felt like i didnt put anything on it.

Hits: Oil rinsings (great detangling effects)
AO GPB for cowashing
AO HSR for DC
Shescentit Banana Burlee (I love this stuff!!! New staple & didn't need alot)
Profectiv (the one in the yellow bottle) mixed with Coconut oil as a moisturizer:grin:
Porosity Control/ACV
Homemade protein treatment

Misses: Aussie Cleanse & Mend Condish (glad it wasn't mine)
Aussie 3 minute Deeeeep Condish (hair was kind of dry after)

Will try later this month Shescentit Fortifying Mask.

Hit: Prosys Well-being Conditioner- It did the daggone thing for my hair! And 9.99 for 1000ml, I see I gotta hit up that hair section in Marshall's more often.

Big fat stanky leg miss: Lustrasilk Olive oil Cholesterol- This thing was pitiful. My hair is naturally soft so I know a product sucks when it can't even leave my hair where it was before. It was hard, it left like a funny cruddy reside, just disgusting. It's a shame too because the mango one is very nice on my hair, but this one, bleeeck. NO bueno!

hit: mixing AO GPB and trader joes nourish spa conditioner for light protein balance. made my curls pop pop pop and so soft.

continued hit: hairveda cocasta oil. i stopped using this a while ago and started using vatika frosting. but OMG i used it last night and my hair was soooooooooooooo soft and when i woke up it it was still soft and i could run my fingers through my hair without tangles. so i used it today on wet hair to seal in my kbb hair milk and cream and i have been touching my hair all day long. its amazing. so this is now a true staple...again.

Last edited:
Hits: Daily cowashing, the Mane and Chic Bun, Scurl, Aloe Vera Juice, daily baggying

Misses: Elasta QP Mango Butter (as a moisturizer it was too heavy...i'm now using it on my edges), Bronner Brothers w/ Castor and Aloe (not that it's a bad moisturizer, just realizing that my hair needs something with glycerin in it to really keep it moisturized)

:yay:Hit ! Linange Shea Butter Restructuring Conditioner ! In Conjunction with the Linange System i.e. the Relaxer and Neutralizing Conditioner.

Another Hit this Month: The Keratase Oleo Relax Masque !

^^^ Oooh so you liked the Kerastase T? Hmm you should try the masquintense then! Sorry, that probably doesn't help matters! :lol:

Back