Whatcha Trying this Weekend?

I want to try a soy milk and cornstarch recipe I saw on the hair recipe forum.

If I don't get to the supermarket to pick up the cornstarch this evening, I try mixing cassia, soy milk, and evoo.

(I have to use up the rest of this milk because I'm not used to the taste yet.)

I am going to finally try that body art henna that's sitting under my sink. I am going to revisit my Surge (haven't used since 05) and Curly Pudding (haven't used since 04)

My hair is stupid dry and is still breaking despite my protein treatments... so either tonite or tomorrow Im gonna throw some Motions CPR+EVOO in my hair dry for about an hr or so, poo w/ CON then DC w/ NTM Mask + EVOO. Ive never done the CPR+EVOO thing... Hopefully it helps w/ the dryness/breakage.

sapphire74 said:
I will be trying rollersetting this weekend too. I am also going to wash my hair without pre-pooing first, I want to see if there is a major difference in the way my hair feel afterwards.

I hope this goes well for me. I am going to use the Mizani Themastrength Serum and see how that goes. Dang that stuff was expensive.

kels823 said:
My hair is stupid dry and is still breaking despite my protein treatments... so either tonite or tomorrow Im gonna throw some Motions CPR+EVOO in my hair dry for about an hr or so, poo w/ CON then DC w/ NTM Mask + EVOO. Ive never done the CPR+EVOO thing... Hopefully it helps w/ the dryness/breakage.

kels, another protein treatment might be too much for your hair. Maybe just give it a good dose of moisturizing conditioner? You could have too much protein.

And, of course, clarify first!:)

preciousjewel76 said:
kels, another protein treatment might be too much for your hair. Maybe just give it a good dose of moisturizing conditioner? You could have too much protein.

And, of course, clarify first!:)

c/s. I was about to post this same thing ;). The dryness does sound like protein overload.

dillard said:
omg!!! the new pic in ur siggy. i LOVE your little curly afro. soooooo adorable! :)

ok, back on topic... i'm thinking of trying that lime juice/coconut milk concoction that is supposed to be like a relaxer...

and next week i plan to add coconut milk to my DC. to see if i notice a difference.

I did this a couple of months ago, and the front part of my hair is much looser (curl) than the rest of my hair. I just use the coconut milk by itself now because I don't want to lose my curls...yet.

I'm going to try this weekend:

Sebastian Warm Pale Gold semi-permanant color and then do a Amla oil overnighter and see how it comes out!

I'm going to try the Sedal Lissage Shampoo and conditioner. I'm not sure why though I'm pretty happy with my current products... The PJ in me just has to try this...:ohwell:

Well.. I'm going to AVC rinse, then CO wash with NU-Grow Conditioner. The moisturizer is the bomb. I hope the Conditioner lives up to my expectations.

I will be cramming for a chem test on monday over the weekend but I will be trying the coconut milk conditioning treatment. I think I will mix it with some aubreys conditioner and just air dry my hair in a bun. I might just slap it in before going to class monday and let it marinate while I take the test:cool:

I'm not trying anything new. Just giving myself a touch up. Although, I may try a rollerset; I haven't done one since November.

ETA: Oh! I'm breaking out my 360-degree mirror to help with my relaxer touch-up. Hopefully, it will make it easier to see the back of my head.

Did henna and indigo last night. It was...interesting. :look: I'll spend the weekend resting...I'm debating about whether I want to do a CO wash Saturday night.

I am under the dryer with Motion CPR with jojoba & EVO oil as a prepoo:eek: let's see what happens!, and after that I will DC with Elasta Qp with honey:weird: Wish me luck!:lol: :lol:

Divine Inspiration said:
Did henna and indigo last night. It was...interesting. :look: I'll spend the weekend resting...I'm debating about whether I want to do a CO wash Saturday night.

Hey DI :wave:

What happened? Didn't like the results:confused:

la flaca said:
Hey DI :wave:

What happened? Didn't like the results:confused:

Hey girlie!

I love the color, but the process was SO messy. I didn't like the mess and the cleanup. :nono: I like the condition in left my hair in and the color is a nice black which is exactly what I wanted. I made it into a thick paste so it wouldn't be runny, but there were globs of it dripping and specs of it flying. :lol: It's just not something I can see myself doing consistently if it's always that messy. Maybe I can find a way to make it "cleaner"...otherwise, it's something I'll want to do outside. :look:

Lotus said:
Well.. I'm going to AVC rinse, then CO wash with NU-Grow Conditioner. The moisturizer is the bomb. I hope the Conditioner lives up to my expectations.

Nope, my CO was sucked product has not slip at all... what so ever. :(

So, I added it to my Aphogee, Alma, Honey Mix and I've been under the dryer... think its a keeper.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Me and my $7.50 hope so too. :lol:
hmm im gunna wash my hair (its been about 12 days because iv had a cold) but the stange thing is i havent combed the braidout and it doesnt feel knotty at all! ill see how it is tomorrow when i detangle it hehe.

ohh yeah bmoreflyygirl, your hairs sweet! suits ya!

The ladies on the board recommended me to seal with a new oil. Sooooo, I picked up a bottle of Hot Sixx oil. I'll use it to seal at my next wash, which will be Sunday or Monday.

I wonder if I can use this as a hot oil treatment and/or add it to a conditioner for a pre-poo. :perplexed

janeemat said:
You will love the Aveday DR. Use the poo, then put the treatment on and go under the dryer for 30 min. Follow up with the cond for a few min. Your hair should be nice and shiney and bouncy. When using these I make sure to use Aveda Elixir leave in.

I just got my relaxer, so I will not be trying anything new this wkend.

I think you'll love Aveda too.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Hey that's the same thing as the ORS Pak. :)

Yep sure is. And I am trying that tonight too.

I am prepooing with Lekair and Luster's Pink Oil Treatment (that stuff is THICK now, they must have changed the formula:eek: ). Then i will DC with the ORS pak.

Divine Inspiration said:
Hey girlie!

I love the color, but the process was SO messy. I didn't like the mess and the cleanup. :nono: I like the condition in left my hair in and the color is a nice black which is exactly what I wanted. I made it into a thick paste so it wouldn't be runny, but there were globs of it dripping and specs of it flying. :lol: It's just not something I can see myself doing consistently if it's always that messy. Maybe I can find a way to make it "cleaner"...otherwise, it's something I'll want to do outside. :look:

im seriously going to do my first henna treatment outside under the hot sun....and Im gonna do the dye relase in the car with the high temps. I got it all planned out :lol:

Back