What is your greatest Hair Fear???

shopgalore

What are you doing to Halt it / Thwart it ??

For me, my greatest fear is that having just joined this site (Jan 2010) at NL, you will still see me on this site ( Jan 2013) still at NL.

The thought really does worry me. To Thwart it, I am making sure that I take my vits every day without fail, I wash once a week, steam twice a week, DC twice a week and use oils, moisture etc.:yep:

So what is your greatest hair fear and how are you going to ensure it doesnt happen?

my greatest hair fear is a drop of relaxer randomly coming out of nowhere and landing on my head while im trying to transition :lachen:

Shedding. I usually have mega shedding issues twice a year. I'm taking odorless garlic pills to thwart it.

Going to a place to my hair braided, and having my hair pulled out, being left with a bald patch.

To thwart that, I am going to speak up for myself, and make it clear how tightly I want my hair braided, and what I possibly would like "left out".

I have 2 fears:

1. I'll get back into my lazy habit of not trimming when necessary and have to trim a whole lot off, setting me even further from my length goals. To thwart it I'm very gently when combing/picking my hair, i only comb on wash days, and I have been on a regular trimming schedule since my BC...with daily manipulation I have to trim every 2 months and so far with low manipulation im on month 3 with no splits/roughies.

2. Even though I've already seen where I went wrong when I dyed my hair in the past and know the correct steps to keep dyed hair healthy, I'm scared to do it because I've made such great progress since my BC and I dont wanna ruin my hair again. Ummm, to thwart this I'll just live vicariously through dyed naturals lol

My greatest fear (and nightmare as I've woken up shook about it) is my hair being so dry it just snaps off an inch or so from my scalp. I'm super terrified of it getting so long and it just snaps, as if I had Aphogee in it too long.

To prevent it I moisturize twice a day and baggy as soon as it starts getting dry, and I don't do Aphogee protein treatments any more.

my greatest hair fear is a drop of relaxer randomly coming out of nowhere and landing on my head while im trying to transition :lachen:

:lachen:I honestly used to have nightmares about this after I BC'd.

Mine is that my ends will forever split and leave me at sl for the rest of my life.

A fear is that I get lazy and complacent and take my foot off the gas peddle in caring for my hair in the same way as I do now, because it's easily done once you retain some length.

To thwart it I regularly look at pictures of healthy black hair to keep myself motivated and committed, this forum of course helps too as well we all, generally speaking, have a common goal.

My biggest fear is that post BC, I'll have a TWA for the rest of my life, unless I relax again.

It's like on the 'net I see all these 4a/b women with long, coily, natural hair. In my life, the women who BC usually don't let their hair get to a certain length (less than 2 inches) and it has no curl definition.

Mine is that ill wake up and my hair will have been cut off or having to due a huge cut to make up for dry or damaged ends i actually had a nightmare about this 2 days ago
When i woke up i ran and deepconditoned.Lol

Mine is that I will actually reach my goal length and never master the art of flat ironing so I relent and go to a hair salon to get my hair pressed and they will claim I need a trim and then just chop it off.

My most recurring fear is never meeting my goals, short and long term. However, I've achieved quite a lot in the last year or so, making me very happy. :grin:

Losing all of my progress due to trying one product that doesn't agree with my hair because I'm such a pj

Regaining my hair around my hairline that postpartum shedding fleeced me of only to lose it all over again.

That once again, I'll do something to set me back from meeting my length goal just as I get within reach.

I think renewing my long lapsed subscription to lhcf will thwart a lot self inflicted madness and would have thwarted it a few months ago had I renewed then. I'm a lot less likely to backslide into bad practices now.

Last edited:
My greatest hair fear is becoming bald... like my mom. I'm not sure if its female patterned baldness, TERRIBLE hair care practices or harsh medications. To twart this I have never gotten a weave and have only had my hair braided with extensions like 3 times and kept them in for no more than 3 weeks. Plus, i'm trying to take care of my health so that I never need to take medications that will make me lose my hair.

My second is that I'll continuously have setbacks forcing me to cut my hair.

My third is that I'll get tired of my hair and start cutting it into styles or worse layering it before I reach my goal of APL or BSL.

I think my biggest fear is heat damage...or damaged ends so bad to the point I have to basically bc again..what am I doing ....very little heat eliminated as much direct heat as possible....no combs unless I'm detangling...moisturerizing and sealing my ends...sleep on a satan pillow case...only thing I do is still wear my hair out...and I'm working on that..lol

My biggest fear is since I stop going to the salon, my hair will stop growing completely and that I'm doing more damage than good trying to maintain it myself.

My biggest fear is reaching my hair length goal (mbl) and then thinking I'm cute enough to wear my hair out so much that I ruin all of my hard work.

my biggest fear is to lose all my hairline. My temples are little thin but I want to get tree braids but my fear of losing my hair is prevented me to do so.

I noticed that a few ladies posted that they were scared that they would undo all the hard work put in such as leaving hair out all the time etc.

I can relate to this, because a few times yonks ago, my hair grew to my shoulders - (still thin, just touching, nothing crazy) and I thought it was cool, I was wearing my hair down, flicking it etc, my mother said my hair looked good, well a few months later, my hair went back to my neck, it sort of shrunk....Anyway yep, I learnt from that, when I see some length - DO NOT try to be cute!! Protect the ends!!Lol!!

My fear is that I will always have SL thin hair and see through ends no matter what I do.
I am taking B5, rollerset, ps, and stretching relaxers mild. I am about to spring for a $20 seamless comb:spinning:..that's waaay outta my budget.:ohwell:

Last edited:
Loosing ALL my hair. If I have to cut it shorter then so be it. If I have to up the moisture then that can be done. But I'd be devestated if I didn't have a single lock of hair.

In saying that, I know there's more concerning things in the world lol.

Back