What is your greatest Hair Fear???

No i havent used caffeine. thanks for sharing that. Do you mean coffee rinses? I have been trying to understand the DHT factor as well, but I dont understand what i can do to combat it. Dr. Axe did suggest saw palmetto.

Ooh girl, you need to try it! And it could be any form of caffeine. Many people do coffee rinses, but when I initially read about the caffeine thing, I instantly thought it might be more effective used in a leave-in type of treatment than something you just rinse out seconds/minutes later. I would make a caffeine-infused oil to oil my scalp with daily or something. Caffeine powder in pumpkin seed oil sounds good actually :lachen:I really REALLY hope you recover. God bless.

No i havent used caffeine. thanks for sharing that. Do you mean coffee rinses? I have been trying to understand the DHT factor as well, but I dont understand what i can do to combat it. Dr. Axe did suggest saw palmetto.

@Smiley79

Maybe you could try infusing the coffee grains in pumpkin seed oil for a few days and apply that to your scalp and massage it in. You could add the saw palmetto to it as well I believe.

It's definitely something I would do if I had this issue. Shoots I may just add them to my ayurveda oil infuson just for the fun of it :yep:.

Hair dye giving me an allergic reaction. I love permanent super duper black dye and I know it has bad stuff in it but I love the end results. I fear that my luck will run out and I will end up with a swollen pie face.
I had an allergic reaction and it ate my hair up!

Ooh girl, you need to try it! And it could be any form of caffeine. Many people do coffee rinses, but when I initially read about the caffeine thing, I instantly thought it might be more effective used in a leave-in type of treatment than something you just rinse out seconds/minutes later. I would make a caffeine-infused oil to oil my scalp with daily or something. Caffeine powder in pumpkin seed oil sounds good actually :lachen:I really REALLY hope you recover. God bless.

Thank you so much!!!! I have been enjoying Aloe vera pre poos, clay washes, and onion juice pre poo. I would love to try the caffeine. I don't have caffeine powder but I guess i can buy some coffee. ( I dont drink coffee, lol)

GMbWe.gif

giphy.gif

@Smiley79

Maybe you could try infusing the coffee grains in pumpkin seed oil for a few days and apply that to your scalp and massage it in. You could add the saw palmetto to it as well I believe.

It's definitely something I would do if I had this issue. Shoots I may just add them to my ayurveda oil infuson just for the fun of it :yep:.

Oooh, you guys are too good to me.

taking-notes-gif-10.gif

and @Aggie

WOW, I just saw this link in the Hair Loss forum...check out what is listed as #2!!
http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2017/02/scientifically-tested-over-counter.html

Awesome. I'm on www.purebulk.com site looking at caffeine prices right now. May purchase an 8 oz bag.
Just placed an order for my caffeine. I added some cinnamon extract powder to add to my mix for stimulation. Good thing is I can also use them both internally.

I also bought some Raspberry Ketones for my weight management and Hydrolyzed Collagen for my skin and hair, but chiefly for my skin. All I need now is some hyaluronic acid. They offered it but I like Jarrow Formulas brand and will stick with that.

Going back to relaxing. I had a dream that I relaxed my hair and boy was I upset. I had two containers of Phytorelaxer in my house and I toss them out just because of that dream. So yep, relaxing my hair again would cause me stress.:afro:

Thank you so much!!!! I have been enjoying Aloe vera pre poos, clay washes, and onion juice pre poo. I would love to try the caffeine. I don't have caffeine powder but I guess i can buy some coffee. ( I dont drink coffee, lol)

GMbWe.gif

giphy.gif

That first meme:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: and doesn't it kind of look like the second guy is muttering "caffeine powder?" Ummm... :eek: Anyways, I'm happy to have (possibly) helped. ;) If you use it and it works you should update us in a few weeks/months here on the board :) And thanks to everyone who added their fears to the list. My amusement still hasn't run dry :lachen:

Just placed an order for my caffeine. I added some cinnamon extract powder to add to my mix for stimulation. Good thing is I can also use them both internally.

I also bought some Raspberry Ketones for my weight management and Hydrolyzed Collagen for my skin and hair, but chiefly for my skin. All I need now is some hyaluronic acid. They offered it but I like Jarrow Formulas brand and will stick with that.

I love your idea of using cinnamon for stimulation :eek: lately I've been wanting to try using growth aides but buying any products is out of my budget right now and I get scared off from certain ones because I see many reviews saying that such and such product has a bad scent or that it leaves build up, etc. Hence why the idea of cinnamon (which I already have, and I know smells lovely) seems like a great idea. I also know cinnamon is good at causing that "hot" sensation like other spices (watching the cinnamon challenge taught me that, lol) so it seems like it would work nicely for blood flow.

Might I ask, how would you go about using it for stimulation? As in, what would you mix it in? And when it comes to the mix, is it something that you would use every day or is that too much? Sorry, Im new to growth aides :blush2: thanks for your help, Aggie.

I love your idea of using cinnamon for stimulation :eek: lately I've been wanting to try using growth aides but buying any products is out of my budget right now and I get scared off from certain ones because I see many reviews saying that such and such product has a bad scent or that it leaves build up, etc. Hence why the idea of cinnamon (which I already have, and I know smells lovely) seems like a great idea. I also know cinnamon is good at causing that "hot" sensation like other spices (watching the cinnamon challenge taught me that, lol) so it seems like it would work nicely for blood flow.

Might I ask, how would you go about using it for stimulation? As in, what would you mix it in? And when it comes to the mix, is it something that you would use every day or is that too much? Sorry, Im new to growth aides :blush2: thanks for your help, Aggie.

I'd actually infuse it with other herbs, caffeine, MSM powder, and infuse them in either pumpkin seed oil or evoo, jbco, and fractionated coconut oil for a few days. I will massage it in my scalp about 3-4 times a week, cowash it out after every use the following day.

I'd actually infuse it with other herbs, caffeine, MSM powder, and infuse them in either pumpkin seed oil or evoo, jbco, and fractionated coconut oil for a few days. I will massage it in my scalp about 3-4 times a week, cowash it out after every use the following day.

Yeah, I decided every other day would be best, so 3-4 times a week. I might try a paste with olive oil since that's what I got lying around and I use that to oil rinse anyways. Actually... now that I think about it after reading your post, I also have some Msm capsules with the powder in them that I stopped taking because of the dreams they were giving me, so maybe I'll add that too! But I dont know what the benefits are supposed to be of using it topically. Anyway, thanks again for the idea(s)! And God bless.

Yeah, I decided every other day would be best, so 3-4 times a week. I might try a paste with olive oil since that's what I got lying around and I use that to oil rinse anyways. Actually... now that I think about it after reading your post, I also have some Msm capsules with the powder in them that I stopped taking because of the dreams they were giving me, so maybe I'll add that too! But I dont know what the benefits are supposed to be of using it topically. Anyway, thanks again for the idea(s)! And God bless.
Good luck with your mixture @EzrasNumberOneFan. I need to order some aloe vera powder, curry leaf powder, mustard powder and rose petal powder for one of my mixtures.

I have two fears:

1. That detangling with a brush is causing mechanical damage that will necessarily mean my ends will break off at some point, preventing me from reaching collar-bone-length when completely dry/shrunken.

2. That even with a ton of my length, my hair will never start to "lie/fall" down. My hair grows up to the sky in an afro. I am hoping at some point that gravity/weight causes my hair to hang at SOME point . . . perhaps at full BSL or full WL. I fear that I will just have a SUPER HUGE afro.

:eek:

Regarding the second one I listed . . .

:lol:

19884186_1540238199360088_2716836331480954493_n.jpg

Back