what is your 2013 hair goal

What was your hair goal for 2012?
- BSL or MBL

Did you make your goal?
- I'm really close to BSL

What is your 2013 goal?
- waist length but I will be cutting it really close

What are you planning to do to reach your goal?
- stick with this current reggie, more finger detangling seal my ends with Shea butter more often.

No goals for 2012...

2013: WL :pray: even if it's just the longest layers I'll be happy!!!!

I'm sticking to my current reggie to get me there focusing on moisture/protein balance, protective styling and stimulating growth.

BSL

Did you make your goal?
Yes, although I am not full BSL. I would like for the rest of my hair (layers) to get to this length.

What is your 2013 goal?
With a whole year (and some months to get there), I think WL would be AWESOME. Not full WL, just my longest layer. What I would really like would be for my hair to hang to APL without stretching. I don't plan to ever straighten my hair again so the hang time while curly would be the ultimate goal.

I need to really stick to my regimen because it works for me. I have been derailed due to life (and I'm sure excuses) so I need to fight to get back to a routine. Working out needs to be re-implemented as well. I also need to go hair accessory shopping because the same ole' bun is getting boring but I know that buns really helped my hair grow in the past.

QUOTE="brown_skin_poppin"]What was your hair goal for 2012?

My hair goal was at least to hit collar bone. Reduce breakage and retain length.

Did you make your goal?

And I made it! Longer would have been better, but I'm happy regardless.

What is your 2013 goal?

At least APL. I just really want to stick to my regimen the entire year and retain a healthy manageable length of hair with little to no breakage.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal?[/QUOTE]

I'm planning to stick to a regimen because I know my hair likes/needs it. It responds well and yet I am SO lazy and impatient sometimes that I can't be bothered. Also I need to start detangling with a proper comb again....which means I'll be PJ shopping again....and to think, I've been so good lately :)

What was your hair goal for 2012? My hair goal for 2012 was APL :spinning:
Did you make your goal? :yep: I made my goal
What is your 2013 goal? My goal for 2013 is MBL :lick:
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Protective style, protective style, protective style...flat two-strand twists and wigs :yawn:

What was your hair goal for 2012? : APL, then BSB

Did you make your goal?:
i made APL in the spring and now im right at the cusp of BSB...a small section reaches it, but most is just past full APL. I should be there by december

What is your 2013 goal? :
I wanna say WL...im not sure how feasible that is, but I think ill def make MBL stretched. APL curly would be awesome but my shrinkage is ridiculous.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal?:
I honestly dk...now that my hair is gaining length, im tempted to wear it straight more often, but I don't want a set back...and curly styles give me awful fairy knots and are more time consuming. Whatever I do, ill be on top of my DCs and moisture routine, and will probably rock a bun or some up style 90% of the time.

Last edited:
- BSL

Did you make your goal?
- I'm close, got 3 more months to go... we shall see :lol:

What is your 2013 goal?
- Healthy Mid Back

- Consistently stick with my reggie, I slip every few months and get lazy

What was your hair goal for 2012? TBL while transitioning.

Did you make your goal? Nope. Couldn't wait. BC'd!

What is your 2013 goal? W'hip length natural

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Same regi but braiding and twisting my way to my goal.

my 2013 hair goal is to regain the thickness that I've lost.

The main part of my plan is to eliminate the stylist once and for all. I plan on eliminating wet combing and will be rollersetting my hair only after it has been fully air dried. Im going to be using a comb alot less and incorporating finger combing. I'm also going to be adding sulfure mix and cowashing. I will use less manipulation by wearing wigs after 6-8 weeks post relaxer to atleast get me to a 12 week mark before I relax. I will also start stretching my relaxers to 12 weeks. Oh and the big one is that I'm going back to self relaxing once again lol.

To reach waist length by december 31st

Did you make your goal?

I did! I'm about waist length now. When I straighten I'll be 100% sure but when curly and stretched it's about waist length. I'll be waist length for sure by december 31...unless i end up cutting.

What is your 2013 goal?

Well, my goal is to either make it to hip length by December 31, 2013, or just enjoy my hair shorter if I do end up cutting it all off.

Nothing different. I'll just keep up the healthy hair practices I've been using

What was your hair goal for 2012? To reach MBL stretched.

Did you make your goal?
Nope. Got as far as APL. Had a meltdown over my hair and out of frustration shaved my head bald... again. :wallbash: That was back in March.

What is your 2013 goal? APL by Christmas 2013

I'm trying to figure out what's the least I can do to my hair that will also give the greatest benefit. More than likely low manipulation and PS. I also have to figure out how to handle this dryness issue.

Other than that, I'm cleaning up my diet, exercising, drinking lots more water and taking vitamins and amino acids. :drunk:

WL

Did you make your goal?
No, sadly. :( I guess I was too ambitious.

What is your 2013 goal?
WL

I'm giving up the reigns to my hair. Now I'm going to the salon once every two weeks to deep condition and have it braided into two large cornrows/french braids with the occasional flat iron. I am 16 months post relaxer and my two-textured hair has gotten the best of me!

Did you make your goal?
What is your 2013 goal?

My goal for 2012 is SL by the end of December. Still working on it :grin:

My 2013 goal is APL. I plan to baby my ends more to retain the length that I have and incorporate more PS updos as my hair gets longer.

brown_skin_poppin said:
Did you make your goal?
What is your 2013 goal?

My first goal for 2012 was APL. I thought I could possibly make BSL too. I made APL. For 2013 my def goal is BSL, probably BSB bc my bra really is MBL.

I will be following my same regi, no major changes.

goals for 2013...
-use up all my products and kick my pj habit
-stick to a regimen
-continue with my personal body challenge until june 2013 (the challenge consists of staying in protective styles, exercising, eating better and just being more healthy).
-length wise I am trying to be full waist length (my nape i have 2 inches, the sides 3 inches, the front 4-5 more inches to go).

What was your hair goal for 2012? It was grazing APL
Did you make your goal? NOPE! I BC'ed Aug.2012
What is your 2013 goal? somewhere between NL and SL stretched
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Protective styling, sulfur mixture, eating right/exercising, vitamins, and cowashing.

BSL

Did you make your goal?
Yes! I actually ended up being WL :lick:

What is your 2013 goal?
Hip length, but I might cut my hair to SL, IDK.

Keep my hair well moisturized and wear it in Senegalese twist or bun a majority of the time. Visualize long healthy hair and DC every time I wash my hair.

2012 Goals: SL
Almost there

2013 goals: BSL
I will achieve this by sticking t a regimen and protective styling more.

APL and possible BSL or even MBL

Did you make your goal?
I've made APL but I will not make BSL by yrs end.

What is your 2013 goal?
WL but I will happy to make MBL by the end of 2013

Protective Style 100% of the time, moisture/protein, vitamins and exercise 3days a week.

What was your hair goal for 2012? I wanted to be BSL

Did you make your goal? Not Yet.....

What is your 2013 goal? I would like to be MBL by the end of 2013

What are you planning to do to reach your goal?I plan to keep my hair stretched or straighten. I do a lot less manipulation when I wear my hair stretched or straightened and my ends don't get a chance to twist on itself doing twist or braidouts on wet hair. I will do twist/braidouts only on blow dried hair. I also plan to wear a lot of buns. I also plan to continue taking my vitamins (regularly), exercise, and drink more water.

Was to get to APL.

Did you make your goal?
Yes!

What is your 2013 goal?
BSL

Same thing as I am doing now. Minimal/to no heat. Keeping my hair in protective styles 95% of the time, minimal manipulation.

Make it to full shoulder length by the end of the yr.

Did you make your goal?
Not yet. I am shoulder length in certain areas, but since my hair is layered I know it will take some time .

What is your 2013 goal?
Make APL at least.

Protective style 99% of the time.

APL
Did you make your goal?
Yes just made it in Septemeber
What is your 2013 goal?
BSL
Pretty much the same thing I'm doing now. What I'm doing seems to be working for me for the time being. I'll change up if necessary. I've been using a lot less heat and wearing twist outs, braid outs and wngs. My hair seems to like to be left alone.

What was your hair goal for 2012? Not to use any heat and to remain natural
Did you make your goal? yes
What is your 2013 goal? To reach shoulder length in the back and chin length in the front
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Protective style as much as possible, continue to stay away from heat, trim only when necessary and deep condition more. Oh yeah, keep hair moisturized while in protective styles.

My plan is to be MBL by December.

Did you make your goal?
I'm close...I still have three months to go. I'm hopeful.

What is your 2013 goal?
Waist length!

Continue with low manipulation and protective styling.

I wanted to reach APL.

Did you make your goal?
I probably won't, I'm currently grazing APL.

What is your 2013 goal?
I'm going for MBL even though I don't expect to make it. I'd rather shoot for the stars.

For now, I'm thinking protective styling (kinky twists) and less manipulation. Maybe a monthly routine rather than a weekly one. Considering henna and onion masks too.

My 2012 goal was APL. I made it to past BSB in the back but have continued to experience breakage in my crown which has been barely SL for Ike two yrs.

My 2013 goal is for the crumb to be APL and the longest layers MBL .

Protective styles , vitamins, and no more henna will hopefully help .

Back