what is your 2013 hair goal

What was your hair goal for 2012? I didn't have one, LOL!
Did you make your goal? Please see above.
What is your 2013 goal? To be MBL.
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Nothing special. Just rollersetting and leaving my hair alone. My regimen is not having a regimen.

Last edited:
Lucie said:
What was your hair goal for 2012? I didn't have one, LOL!
Did you make your goal? Please see above.
What is your 2013 goal? To be MBL.
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Nothing special. Just rollersetting and leaving my hair alone. My regimen is not having a regimen.

I thought I was the only one on here that doesn't have a regimen. That makes me feel better.
I also roller set . I'm not too good at leaving it alone though. :look:

What was your hair goal for 2012? BSL
Did you make your goal? Very close, but due to a much needed trim it put me back about 2 inches.
What is your 2013 goal? MBL
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Moisturize, seal and bun. Thats it! I trimmed so hopefully I won't need another one until fall next year some time.

Did you make your goal? Not full BSL
What is your 2013 goal? MBL-WL
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? My setbacks were heat and not detangling well. Sooo no heat 2013, proper detangling, regular dc's, low manip styles.

What was your hair goal for 2012? Reach and maintain WL.

Did you make your goal? I won't know until I straighten in a week or two. If I do, I'll be grazing.

What is your 2013 goal? Maintain WL.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Keep bunning, increase flat ironing, dusting, growth aids.

What was your hair goal for 2012? APL

Did you make your goal? Yup!

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? PS 24/7.

Last edited:

Did you make your goal? Nope about 4-5 inches off now, I had to trim about 3-4 inches off :ohwell:

What is your 2013 goal? Full BSL

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Moisture/ protein balance, trim as needed, PS style, and roller set instead of flat iron weekly.

What was your hair goal for 2012? I didn't have a real goal. I thought I was going to transition to fully natural, guess that was my goal.

Did you make your goal? Nope, I ended up relaxing at about 7 months. I did however get into weaves as a protective style and I'm glad I didn't.

What is your 2013 goal? I'd say to have healthy and full bsl hair.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Stretch my relaxers and protective style via use of weaves.

Did you make your goal? YEP.
What is your 2013 goal? BSL
What are you planning to do to reach your goal?
Well, I need to get rid of heat damage. But imma protective style and use MN.

Last edited:
What was your hair goal for 2012? Sadly I did not make one..I was on a hiatus for 2012..aka...being lazy.

Did you make your goal? N/A...Well I guess if my goal was to be lazy.

What is your 2013 goal? I want to be at least grazing BSL but really just healthier hair.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal?Protective Styling, and keeping a simple solid regimen for my hair needs

Basically I'm going to not be lazy... and add protective styling to focus on retaining length.

I have to change mine considering that I ended my transition and I am now fully natural.

What was your hair goal for 2012? Continue my transition and have full bsl hair.

Did you make your goal? Partially. I have full bsl hair; but, I have ended my transition and I am now fully natural.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Use heat only once or twice this year. Use cornrows once a month as a protective style with or without wig usage. Take care of my ends!

Did you make your goal? No :( - I mean I have a few strands touching but not full
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? More Co-Washing and DC'n - my hair lacks moisture, and more protective styling, I get lazy sometimes with normal life things and slip on taking care of my hair the way I should, I should be about WL by now. I need to get better with detangling too

What was your hair goal for 2012? Didn't have one :rolleyes:
Did you make your goal? N/A
What is your 2013 goal? Full APL/grazing BSL
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Protective styling, balancing protein & moistuizer, DCing regularly, moisturizing and sealing, & keeping my ends in order.

I refuse to be lazy with my hair next year!!! :fistshake:

What was your hair goal for 2012? Not to cut my hair, I've been wearing my hair short for years, wanted to finally give it a chance to grow
Did you make your goal? Ahhh....well I didn't chop it all off lol
What is your 2013 goal? APL my December 2013
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? stretching my relaxers and weaving it up

answers in bold

Last edited:
What was your hair goal for 2012?
Shoulder length

Did you make your goal?
Nope

What is your 2013 goal?
A little past shoulder length

Protective style (twist and braid extensions & sew-ins)
Water and JCO
Keeping my braids in for 2 months and rollersetting for 2 weeks then braid back up
Biotin
Exercise
More water
Great diet
Keeping it Simple

APL

Did you make your goal?
Yes! :grin:

What is your 2013 goal?
BSL/MBL (nearly the same thing on my short frame), retain at least 5 inches of growth now that I know I grow about .5 inches a month

Protective style with buns and French braids
Deep condition with every wash
Up my water and take multivitamins
Take biotin
Exercise regularly
Eating well (mostly veggies and protien)

chin length

I want my bang to touch the bottom of my chin.

I'm measuring from the front of my hair because I'm thinking about cutting the back layers of my hair as my hair grows in to reduce layers. I'm one year from my BC (barber shaved) on 2/25/13 (also cut the back and the sides on 5/25/12).

Did you make your goal? yes and I just went to make sure I wasn't lying to myself :lachen:

What is your 2013 goal? 3"-4" longer than it is now

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? For now going back to small-mini twist. I also started finger detangling like a month or so ago. And now I am trying to get more time between my washes and going to try a different technique.

Did you make your goal? Yes!
What is your 2013 goal? BSL, I'm giving myself till the end of this year. My longest layers are practically there already, but I need for the rest to catch up :spinning:
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Buns.

Thickly even hair. My hair is so many lengths right now; I know what great potential it has once it all reaches the same length. I plan to maintain the current length until I have caught all the shorter areas up. I am currently APL; by the end of this year, I want FULL APL and a huge bun the size of my head :yep:

Didn't have one, maybe that's why I lost all my progress to SSKs

Did you make your goal?
Not really, but as of January I am back at CBL stretched

What is your 2013 goal?
Eliminate SSKs, better manageability to hair, and to retain every inch of new growth

I've made some discoveries this past year, so all has not been in vain:

1. our town has hard, acidic water-went out and got pH strips just to check.
Solution-Use rainwater where possible (spray bottles, etc) and clay shampoo hair more often

2. My hair likes yarn twists better than braid hair to grow as protective style, but I'm getting bored with them
Solution-keep looking for natural, protective hairstyles, while hair is in yarn twists for growth

3. My curls naturally elongate with AVJ and ACV, also henna, but NOT Nupur henna-has too much stuff in it.
Solution-Henna hair weekly with newly purchased Sudanese henna and AVJ only-review after one month

4. My hair LOVES Ghee (insert embarrassed look as smelling like butter all day:nuts:)
solution-find essential oil that goes well with scent and use LOC method of

-Leave in: rainwater, Aubrey Organics Camellia conditioner, AVJ
-Oil: Jojoba or Hemp oil
-Creamy: Ghee (with essential oil) or Shea Butter to seal

5. Hair elongates well with Caramel treatment
Solution: DC with Caramel treatment weekly

Ultimate goal: No matter what the length, to be in love with the condition of my growing hair. :)

What was your hair goal for 2012? MBL

Did you make your goal? grazing but not full

What is your 2013 goal? to grow and maintain 5" more inches [WL/grazing WHIP]

Keeping things simple, long term protective styles, more DCing and GHEing, paying closer attention to the hair that is in my rear crown area, because it is the shortest and coarsest area on my head.

Get rid of SSKs and rough split ends

Did you make your goal?
No, I just kept cutting away SSks and split ends for months.

What is your 2013 goal?
Nothing special, just maintain thick and healthy ends. Length doesn't matter so much anymore.

Cowashing and/or water-rinsing and bunning daily seem to work well for me. Detangling every 2-3 days, deep condition about once a week, drink lots of water and maintain vitamin regimen.

What was your hair goal for 2012? Keep my hair on my head:look::lol:

Did you make your goal? yep

What is your 2013 goal? APL

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Upping my moisture/protein balance, PSing more, and keeping ssk's at bay.

My goal for 2012 was shoulder length and I made it all thanks to boot camp. I really want a deployment for 2013 where I can do another short sew in and leave my hair alone. Can't see myself doing it when I actually have time for my hair, I hate weaves.

2013 goal is APL and then evening out my layers. Once I make BSL I plan on keeping a blunt cut on the front of my hair so it's even and full. I also want to gain more confidence wearing my hair natural in the summer to make growth that much easier.

What was your hair goal for 2012?: APL

Did you make your goal? Yes!

What is your 2013 goal?: Graze BSL and fuller hair

What are you planning to do to reach your goal?: Take multivitamins; blow dry to keep my hair stretched; protective styling

To reach APL
Did you make your goal?
Yes
What is your 2013 goal?
To reach BSL
Moisturize my hair more so that I can trim it less and maintain my ends. Get less SSKs and protective style with buns.

APL then BSL

Did you make your goal?
APL yes, BSL no but I did make BSB :)

What is your 2013 goal?
Full MBL grazing WL

That's a good question... I know Imma have to make a few appts to the chiropractor from whippin my head/neck around with all that length :yep:

Back