What happened to tha sistahood of hair-growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, she deserves to be heard and she has been heard over and over again. We get where she is coming from, but when you're constantly trying to dominate threads like this it breeds discontentment. I'm new but there is still a ton of support on this board. If there were not, I would not have paid to join this community. The point is we should all work on being more supportive and choosing our battles. This topic is turning into a battle and it's the result of specific people who would rather beat a dead horse for months rather than working on rebuilding sisterhood. Like other ladies have already said, just let it go, so we can focus on moving forward in a positive manner.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A perfectly good thread was locked/killed because of this.

sigh* i remember the days of Adrienne and Peachtree ... dont think that i just joined this year that i wasn't here about 6 years back ... im not new to this thing at all

i think all y'll just need some icecream and lollipops (i have a couple low-fat ones if anyone is interested)

Absolutely, she deserves to be heard and she has been heard over and over again. We get where she is coming from, but when you're constantly trying to dominate threads like this it breeds discontentment. I'm new but there is still a ton of support on this board. If there were not, I would not have paid to join this community. The point is we should all work on being more supportive and choosing our battles. This topic is turning into a battle and it's the result of specific people who would rather beat a dead horse for months rather than working on rebuilding sisterhood. Like other ladies have already said, just let it go, so we can focus on moving forward in a positive manner.

I dont see any battle......where is the battle. Even the mod is here making sure this isnt one. noone is battling anyone on this thread

and actually I dont feel I have been heard about this openly until now ,this is the first time without recourse that I have been able to even speak about it without personal attack

The thread was just made to help in the steps of letting it all go, hopefully. It has helped me! :yep:

I haven't been in the hairboards too much for a while so I missed a lot of the negativity (thank goodness) :grin:, but it's definitely alive in the other boards (i.e. Entertainment and Off Topic). I HAVE noticed that many of the "old heads" have long looooong healthy hair, so obviously you guys are doing something right, and I would love to keep hearing from you. Please don't let anyone drive you away, we have much to learn from you. :yep::yep:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A perfectly good thread was locked/killed because of this.

That thread got locked because I came on to try to communicate about the issue and try to resolve it and there were personal insults on there about me, several of them. They are still there is anyone wants to see. Thats why the mods locked it and just like she said to give it all a fresh start!

I totally agree with all of the above. The point of the original OP was to say that we really need to remember the point of this site - LONG HAIR CARE FORUM - not remember a certain thread and how it was attacked, ambushed, personalize, etc. To me she is saying let's remember the sisterhood, OUR HAIRGROWING mission, and get back to what we came here for - A SISTERHOOD OF HEALTHY HAIRGROWING ADVICE AND INFORMATION. We are adults, lets MOVE FORWARD. Let the past go. THAT'S ALL.

sigh* i remember the days of Adrienne and Peachtree ... dont think that i just joined this year that i wasn't here about 6 years back ... im not new to this thing at all

i think all y'll just need some icecream and lollipops (i have a couple low-fat ones if anyone is interested)

I remember i used to drool over peachtree's hair! I still have her albums saved in my favorites! I think i've signed up in 06, but i've been lurking a few years before that as well.

sugar free fudgesicles are great! I wonder if its too early to have one?

I really really miss both those ladies!

That thread got locked because I came on to try to communicate about the issue and try to resolve it and there were personal insults on there about me, several of them. They are still there is anyone wants to see. Thats why the mods locked it and just like she said to give it all a fresh start!

I see what you are saying but what some of us are asking is for us to join hands and get over this hump. No disrespect, I know you have had an issue with protein and have stressed that to others, just know, we heard you and we hear you now.

Irresistible deserves to be heard too, as do all of our members, but I was referring to the OP, Lucia. :) I understand Irresistible's actions however, when you feel you have been unjustly slighted and not heard you want to redeem yourself. She has agreed to let it go however, so let us do likewise and addreses concerns the OP has brought up, and not just continue to rehash and recontinue the convo from the threads that have been locked. :)

I remember i used to drool over peachtree's hair! I still have her albums saved in my favorites! I think i've signed up in 06, but i've been lurking a few years before that as well.

sugar free fudgesicles are great! I wonder if its too early to have one?

peachtree's hair was fineee ...there is someone else i cant remember her name but her hair was similar to peach's ...

It's never too early
eating-ice-cream-06.gif

I really really miss both those ladies!

people move on I suppose

I think that people cannot get passed anything if EVERYONE is feeling victimized. EVERYONE felt this way, both the people receiving the advice, and the people giving it. I don't think there is one person receiving the slander. I don't want to see anyone go, but this is getting out of control. It really is!:nono:

I totally agree with all of the above. The point of the original OP was to say that we really need to remember the point of this site - LONG HAIR CARE FORUM - not remember a certain thread and how it was attacked, ambushed, personalize, etc. To me she is saying let's remember the sisterhood, OUR HAIRGROWING mission, and get back to what we came here for - A SISTERHOOD OF HEALTHY HAIRGROWING ADVICE AND INFORMATION. We are adults, lets MOVE FORWARD. Let the past go. THAT'S ALL.

Well the OP was talking in general about the whole tone so that would include those threads that have went on lately. I just took the opportunity to speak on it since it was on topic of the thread, totally on topic! and I did feel the need to speak up about it. I dont think because a thread was just opened that gave some of us a forum to speak on that now that we are speaking on it should be percieved as not moving on. The only purpose of the thread is to be able to openly talk about it. not to hold on to it, but to get it out in the open, and yes then let it go

I hope that we can all get back. This did just happen severely just yesterday, so its not that far in the past. But speaking on it now in no way denotes that I dont want to let it go! I just finally have an open forum to talk about it and so I did,nothing more

Well, i want to say there as been some mess but the good definitely out weighs the bad and I don't want you all to let keystrokes keep you from answering all my hair issues. I started spending money on hair in March of this year and all i can say to you all is THANK YOU. Just like in life, everybody is not going to agree but we all can definitely agree to disagree and keep it moving.:grin:

This is a very good post!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have too many folks trying to be right all the time. Just say what you gotta say and move on. When it is heard over and over and over :drunk: folks get ticked off and lash out. I am serious about my hair as well as many others but I don't get worked up over other people and what they choose to do. I post what I like and don't and that's it. You don't have to agree with me and I won't try to change your mind so don't do the same with me. If folks would just think before posting, a lot of this stuff could be avoided. Q

I see what you are saying but what some of us are asking is for us to join hands and get over this hump. No disrespect, I know you have had an issue with protein and have stressed that to others, just know, we heard you and we hear you now.

I am not speaking about protein now. I am speaking about how things went yesterday and Enchantment witnessed that thread, it was no longer about the product it turned into personal attack and ambush!

and the fact that I might speak about protein again, to someone else, not you or those that dont want to hear it but in interaction with another and I should not be tag teamed or personally attacked by those that dont want to hear it anymore if I am not even speaking to them whatsoever

well....what can we do to bring back the sisterhood that we all once enjoyed????
How can we make everyone feel supported and welcome here?

well....what can we do to bring back the sisterhood that we all once enjoyed????
How can we make everyone feel supported and welcome here?

Thank you for asking this because otherwise this thread is going nowhere fast.

How about we have LHCF day? Don't know what that would entail though...

I'm just a newbie, but I've been on different hair forums for 2 yrs now. I see people come and go, especially when they reach their goal. That's just the way it goes I guess. The old group leaves, a new one takes over, etc etc....

I just joined a few days ago and I love it here so far. Except for yesterday's locked threads, I've only seen encouragement here. :yep:

I think we have too many folks trying to be right all the time. Just say what you gotta say and move on. When it is heard over and over and over :drunk: folks get ticked off and lash out. I am serious about my hair as well as many others but I don't get worked up over other people and what they choose to do. I post what I like and don't and that's it. You don't have to agree with me and I won't try to change your mind so don't do the same with me. If folks would just think before posting, a lot of this stuff could be avoided. Q

These are both very objective posts:yep:.

I'M OFF TO THE MALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONEY HAVE A GOOD AFTERNOON AND PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL.

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hairlove !!! that is who it was ... wonder what she is doing now

but Kha's hair was pretty too...

Wow there were alot of type 3 naturals back in the day ...

hairlove is still around. I saw a post of hers a week or so ago. She has a different blog now, not the fotki, and I miss all the photos she had showing step by step her progress. She was my inspiration for going natural.

yeah I am the one always said to be worked up, but it seems to me people are the ones getting worked up that I even have an opinion or state it more times than they like ,even if I am not speaking to them about it, I would just state my opinion and move on, I mean really thats what I intended, but the tag teaming and gag orders and making/taking it personal once I say anything about it at all everytime is what drug it out further. I get worked up over that, because it turns into personal insults and what not.

I dont have to repeat myself to anyone at this point, but if I want to discuss my thoughts/feelings about this product with another member I should not have the whole calvary coming after me turning it into personal insults

and yes thats what really happened!

Thank you for asking this because otherwise this thread is going nowhere fast.

How about we have LHCF day? Don't know what that would entail though...

maybe people can wear their LHCF or Niko's shirts and hair out/down (and looking fly) so we can spot each other out and about. Take pics with said getup while out and about (in front of your fav bss, maybe) and post on the board. ( you have to have your cam on you too... so if you spot a cousin, yall can take a pic together)

And for those who like meet ups, it can be an offical meet up day across the country/world....

(kinda off topic, but i saw two girls yesterday that i was just SURE were members... one had short natural hair - like she bc'd or something (like 4a, but her hair was defined and looked good), and the other had her whole head in twist... like she was preparing for a twist out... i reaallllly wanted to ask if they were Niko's cousins, but i got chicken... on LHCF day, it'd be easier to spot)

maybe people can wear their LHCF or Niko's shirts and hair out/down (and looking fly) so we can spot each other out and about. Take pics with said getup while out and about (in front of your fav bss, maybe) and post on the board.

And for those who like meet ups, it can be an offical meet up day across the country/world....

(kinda off topic, but i saw two girls yesterday that i was just SURE were members... one had short natural hair - like she bc'd or something (like 4a, but her hair was defined and looked good), and the other had her whole head in twist... like she was preparing for a twist out... i reaallllly wanted to ask if they were Niko's cousins, but i got chicken... on LHCF day, it'd be easier to spot)

i like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back