What Are Your Favorite Ways to Increase Blood Flow

Isis

to your scalp?

As we know, by increasing blood circulation, our cells are oxygenated, making our hair follicles strong, healthy and stimulated for maximum hair growth.

Two of my favorite ways are exercising daily (mainly walking) for 30 minutes and doing a brief scalp message before going to bed. I feel this routine has been working very well for me. I'm now adding an essential oil scalp message on wash day (pre-poo) using a combination of cedarwood, lavender, thyme, ylang ylang, rosemary and jojoba. The link to the recipe is
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=49210&highlight=thyme

Share your favorite ways to increase blood flow to your scalp! :)

Last edited:
angellazette said:
You've already mentioned it...exercising!
It's great isn't it! I finished my exercise session just a few minutes ago.

Any other ways to increase blood flow ladies?

lillian743 said:
I just use a vibrator, cause my hands get tried....
great idea... i've done that before but only as a joke. never thought of using it seriously. will definitely be handy for those of us with sew in weaves etc as getting to the scalp is difficult. thanks!

asphyxxia said:
great idea... i've done that before but only as a joke. never thought of using it seriously. will definitely be handy for those of us with sew in weaves etc as getting to the scalp is difficult. thanks!

Are these actual vibrators for your scalp or do I need to get my mind out the gutter!

When I read the post, I was thinking this is a family, PG-13 board..correct. I cant actually say what increase my blood flow, but you get the idea!! ;)

Peppermint oil in my conditioner or mixed with water and sprayed on my scalp, I also LOVE QP Scalp Stimulating Shampoo, the menthol gives a VERY relaxing tingle.

Babygurl said:
Peppermint oil in my conditioner or mixed with water and sprayed on my scalp, I also LOVE QP Scalp Stimulating Shampoo, the menthol gives a VERY relaxing tingle.
Great idea Babygurl! I just got some more peppermint oil too. I've used it many times as an aromatherapy method for studying - it keeps the mind and senses very alert - better than caffeine! I can see how it would work on the scalp. :)

Yes, your bloodflow idea is one that should work very well every single time Mrslee!;)

I forgot to add ginger oil to this. I've been massaging my scalp with a mixture of ginger essential oil and jojoba and it heats up my scalp very nicely. It's supposed to be another good way to stimulate hair growth.

Back