What are you doing to increase your growth rate this Autumn

I have been exercising 6 days a week and I started on 22 August, also as I am trying to get back to 10 stones 2lbs (142lbs approx 71 kgs) and I have been sticking to a modified Atkins diet, a lot of fruits, vegetables, fish (tuna, mackeral and Salmon, eggs, Soya (tofu and Soya milk)and Chicken and ocassional meat). I want to get Natures' Plus hair vitamins and I will try the Natures Plus Hair shake, also new hair products. Plus I have been taking organic Carrot juice.

I also will continue my daily rinsing and having my hair in protective styles, plus I wear a satin lined beret, or if I have to wear a hat, I wear a silk scarf and cover with a hat.

your plan sounds great valerie, keep me updated on your weightloss plan, i'm struggling with this at the moment so it would be nice to have extra support from someone heading for the same goal.

Okay, Denise, if you go to www.weightwatchers.co.uk and register, it is free to register, they have a section on ideal weights for your height. Also pm me, if you have any more questions and I will be willing to help you.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, Denise, if you go to www.weightwatchers.co.uk and register, it is free to register, they have a section on ideal weights for your height. Also pm me, if you have any more questions and I will be willing to help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your help Val, i'll be in touch soon.

Thanks for the topic, Den1. I have had a big setback, so I am currently doing the baggie method at least 1 full uninterrupted week a month. I eat eggs everyday. I can't squeeze in exercise right now because of my schedule, but I have got to start drinking my water.

Stick to my vitamins, try to do the baggie method religiously or get a full weave. I may try cornrows also. Continue with the Surge and EOs. I'm not terribly happy with the thickness of my ponytail. I need to do something different, as it will only get worse in the winter due to cold air and lack of humidity.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the topic, Den1. I have had a big setback, so I am currently doing the baggie method at least 1 full uninterrupted week a month. I eat eggs everyday. I can't squeeze in exercise right now because of my schedule, but I have got to start drinking my water.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say you have done great job getting your hair on track, its sooo gorgoeous, long and you are pretty also, keep up with your regime and the advice offered here, you hair has made amazing progress. btw I hope you don't mind me asking are you the lady on carolyn gray's site?/images/graemlins/clap.gif

i will probably start using black castor oil on my scalp again. my goal isnt to increase my rate but retain, retain, retain. im looking for a good, thick moisturizer that will make my hair lush. good thing i cant even afford to consider curve buttercreme.

[ QUOTE ]
i will probably start using black castor oil on my scalp again. my goal isnt to increase my rate but retain, retain, retain. im looking for a good, thick moisturizer that will make my hair lush. good thing i cant even afford to consider curve buttercreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the transparent castor oil..Do you know what the diffrences is between the black one which you use?

Good thread! I was just thinking about this and matter of fact I do have a plan;

-Drink more water(I failed the summer hydro challenge miserablly!)
-take more omega 3 fatty acid supplements(I'm good with all the other supplements but these)
-Increase my moisturizing conditioning treatments and be more deligent on moisturizing the ends(especially before bedtime)
-return to my Bikram yoga classes. I did these last winter and my hair thrived! Maybe it was a coincidence but I enjoyed them anyway cause they gave me an awesome butt! Didn't expect that from a yoga class, who knew?

dtachi, i've always failed terribly with drinking enough water, i think i have a natural fislike for it, so i'm switching to flavoured waters like volvic, they taste lovely. have you tried them yet?

[ QUOTE ]
dtachi, i've always failed terribly with drinking enough water, i think i have a natural fislike for it, so i'm switching to flavoured waters like volvic, they taste lovely. have you tried them yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've tried those yet. Thanks for the tip! The funny thing is in the summer(especially Florida) I have no problem guzzling water. Maybe because all the hurricanes this summer I'm over the subject of water in general, lol!

i think the black kind has all sorts of goodies cooked into it. i find the clear kind too thick for the hair or scalp unless cooked down. i like the clear kind mixed in lotions though! the black kind stinks but definitely boosts your rate and thickens your hair. i also use it as a eye makeup remover, and its made my lashes longer.

[ QUOTE ]
i think the black kind has all sorts of goodies cooked into it. i find the clear kind too thick for the hair or scalp unless cooked down. i like the clear kind mixed in lotions though! the black kind stinks but definitely boosts your rate and thickens your hair. i also use it as a eye makeup remover, and its made my lashes longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

How stinky is this stuff? i've run out of my castor oil, so i'll have a look around for the balack kind, I wonder what they've mixed in with it.

I'm currently taking Solgar multi's, B5, Freeda biotin and Formula 50 amino's. I am going to add viviscal and B-complex vits to my routine. I am also going to drink 3 cans of Ensure per day to get that extra bit of protein in there as well. I'm on the braids challenge until next summer, so i'll be surging away until then.

I'm going to try and take my vitamins. Not just for hair, but for general health. I find it really hard to remember though /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif Will buy a few wigs and cornrow every 2 weeks and wear my wigs. Will also start exercising again. I think I'm going to try the Nioxin line for scalp treatments.

Sherrylove said [ QUOTE ]
that's so funny,,,den1......my hair actually grows faster in the autumn to winter months.i would say maybe exercising and scalp massages....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine does too! I know that most people say that hair grows the fastest in the spring/summer months, but that have never been true for me.

Wow, Den1, that is me! After I gained all of that hair, I thought I was invincible. I dyed it lighter and lighter and even used "sun in" spray with bleach. Then I dyed it back and did the wash and wear and it finally caught up with me, so I am back to TLC TLC TLC!!!

Thank you for constantly sharing your success strategies with the rest of us - you are truly an inspiration.

when it gets cold my hair gets drier and i am going to try to keep sleeping with a satin scarf.i noticed my hair does not break as much when i do and its shinier. its hard because my bf makes fun of me when i do but my hair comes before him /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Den1, that is me! After I gained all of that hair, I thought I was invincible. I dyed it lighter and lighter and even used "sun in" spray with bleach. Then I dyed it back and did the wash and wear and it finally caught up with me, so I am back to TLC TLC TLC!!!

Thank you for constantly sharing your success strategies with the rest of us - you are truly an inspiration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww Thanks!!! don't worry deary, we'll put your hair right back on track.

Try Nioxin Follicle Booster - You will see a rosy appearance to your skin where you apply - increases microcirculation.

You just apply a little to your entire scalp and massage into the scalp. You'll start to feel it!

Back