Weave It Up Challenge 2010

Ok.
Here are the pics of the Halley's Curl GWR. There are only two of them, but they should give you an idea about the texture.

Honestly, I feel a lot better about the hair than I did last night. I put some GVP Biosilk on it and used Procclaim heat styling spray. I also used a new curling iron which caused the curls to hold better. IMO, you will need some product on this hair for it to look it's best. I tried to just put some IC Heat protectant on it and curl it last night, but it needed something extra, so I used the other two products.

I do have a matching closure on too, but I didn't take any pics of that (sorry). I'm not crazy about it right now. I put it on a little behind my hair line, so I have about 1 centimeter of hair left out right in the front only. The sides and the rest of my hair were not left out.

The back picture is not that great. I can never curl the back of my hair that well.

The hair is 14 inches and I cut about an inch off the back.

Attachments

• 100_0546.jpg
    100_0546.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_0556.jpg
    100_0556.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Count me In. Sorry I cant post a beginner pic. I just installed my hair on Sunday.
Specs: Indique- Relaxed texture in 14 inch. I dyed it Black.
- I got a net weave. FYI, its really great for natural hair ladies or transitioners..keeps everything flat and helps to avoid cutting your hair when removing your sew-in.

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? I will be weaving it up for 12 months

Regimen: I will wash my hair (weave and natural hair) once every 7-10 days. Most likely I will go to the dominicans because I love how bouncy and soft my hair comes out. I will use the oil-free bee mine on my scalp and moisturize my leave-out with light pomades. Thats it.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave: I will use the same shampoo and conditioner for my hair and the weave hair.
Shampoos: Con Detangling, Aveda Sap moss and Aveda Damage remedy
Conditioners: ALFAPARF Semi Di Lino Illuminating Mask
-ALFAPARF Rigen Treatment
-Silicon Mix
-Alter Ego Garlic
-Joico K-pak
-Nexxus emergencee

(Im in the "Use up Your Stash" challenge; thats why i listed so many conditioners)

-Aveda Anit-humectant pomade
-QB amla pomade(running out so i'm going to try the Db Vanilla styling creme)
-serum
-oil free, bee mine

End of challenge goal: My 12 month goal for my hair is to be all natural, shoulder length(while straight) and extremely healthy.

Post a starting length picture: My current length is still neck length. I will keep trimming it there until all of my relaxed hair is gone.

I plan on starting a fotki after my first wash to document my installs and my growth.

Last edited:
It looks nice and natural woman - what was your problem with it???:perplexed

Looks yummy to me:lick: Also I get the feeling it's the type of hair which gets better with washing. This is what I feel about the Remi Goddess hair. I feel like they over process it and layer it with "Silly-cone" in the beginning or something to make it shine like wiggy/ dolly hair?:rolleyes:

Ok.
Here are the pics of the Halley's Curl GWR. There are only two of them, but they should give you an idea about the texture.

Honestly, I feel a lot better about the hair than I did last night. I put some GVP Biosilk on it and used Procclaim heat styling spray. I also used a new curling iron which caused the curls to hold better. IMO, you will need some product on this hair for it to look it's best. I tried to just put some IC Heat protectant on it and curl it last night, but it needed something extra, so I used the other two products.

I do have a matching closure on too, but I didn't take any pics of that (sorry). I'm not crazy about it right now. I put it on a little behind my hair line, so I have about 1 centimeter of hair left out right in the front only. The sides and the rest of my hair were not left out.

The back picture is not that great. I can never curl the back of my hair that well.

The hair is 14 inches and I cut about an inch off the back.

It looks nice and natural woman - what was your problem with it???:perplexed

Looks yummy to me:lick: Also I get the feeling it's the type of hair which gets better with washing. This is what I feel about the Remi Goddess hair. I feel like they over process it and layer it with "Silly-cone" in the beginning or something to make it shine like wiggy/ dolly hair?:rolleyes:

LOL. Girl, don't pay me any attention. I'm the worst critic when it's something I have to wear. If it's on someone else, I think it's the bomb. ROFL!!!

I think you're right, though. I think it will get better with washing (and some product). I liked it so much better when I put those products on it. When I washed it before putting it in, it was SOOOO soft. The waves were nice too. It DOES shed some, though. I bought the stuff to seal with, but it ended up being the wrong type of sealant, so I couldn't use it. When I take it out for my next install I will DEFINITELY seal!

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you order from them.

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you order from them.

Thanks Girl for being my guinea pig - I am almost tempted to get the gentle waved now as it will mean that I don't have to flat Iron every day.

Have fun with your new hair - I'm gonna stop hijacking this thread now !:grin:

@Demi and Loulou: Thanks for your responses. I feel more reassured about my edges now :-)

Sorry ladies, I cannot post a starting pic at the moment as I am already in a sew-in. I will take a pic when I take it down and trim.

Thanks!

I'm taking my current instal out today and then I'm going to put a few tracks in until the challenge start date. I'll take starting photos today.

I'm taking pics tonight of my bunny tail and then installing my 'practice' install. I bought some hair on sale over the weekend. I'm going to see if I can take the weave in my hair. If I'm pulling it out before two weeks, I won't do the challenge. If I fall in love with my 'Veronica' look, I'll get a new, better quality pack of hair, install it and join the challenge before the deadline.

Update - I am so embarassed. In my inexperience, I bought kanekelon or toyokalon or dodgevankalon or something not real and it is getting nowhere near my breakout prone skin. Off to search the BSS and online for curly kinky.

Last edited:
I will be getting my hair done next Wednesday, I will be getting a full sew in with bangs.
Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?
12 months

Regimen:
Not sure yet. I know I will be washing and dcing at least every two weeks.

Using MN/or Megatek

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:
Joico, Chi, anything moisturizing

End of challenge goal:

I hope to have at enough new growth to BC(im transistioning)
Starting length (16wks post)
100_0295.jpg

100_0291.jpg

Last edited:
Hey just checkin in - I reinstalled today and think I am going to stay in this install until the end of January. I re-used my Remi Goddess hair and it looks great. I am happy with my reggie thus far and so will continue with the weekly washing and DCing and try and keep in my installs for 6 weeks at a time.

Can't wait to see your new install! Don't forget to fill out the starting information listed in the OP and attach a starting pic!

Gonna try for 6 months or 2 installs of 3.5 months

Regimen:
Weekly washes and moisturizing of braids/scalp. I may do random braidouts on my hair and weave hair

-Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
-Jason Naturals Biotin & Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoos
-Shea Butter moisturizer mix

End of challenge goal:
Maybe BSL :ohwell:

Post a starting length picture:
I dont have a pic of my straightened hair for length, I just have this old siggy pic. It's just a front shot though: sorry
bun3.jpg

I started a thread about the new hair before I remembered this thread

@ Nichi... I left you a question in your new thread.... I'll ask you here as well. How does the hair hold up? Does it shed, tangle or matt? Also, is it on the silky side or the textured side? TIA.... oh and I love the install! I also love your cousin's hair!!!

@ Nichi... I left you a question in your new thread.... I'll ask you here as well. How does the hair hold up? Does it shed, tangle or matt? Also, is it on the silky side or the textured side? TIA.... oh and I love the install! I also love your cousin's hair!!!

thanks and I've answered it, chica.

It's more silky but has this feel that reminds me of hair with a blowout. When flat ironed, my hair matches really well, especially with color, (which can differ amongst brands, believe it or not). I'll spread the love to my cousin. I think her sew in looks so good too.

Thanks Nichi... I'm looking for some "fill-in" hair from the BSS before I make my next big Remi purchase!!!

hey ladies! i just finished preparing for my install tomorrow!

I cowashed with HE totally twisted and did some SERIOUS detangling. Then I used the whole Joico K-pak system. Then I DC'ed with olive and coconut oils for abt an hour. I rinsed, towel dried, added a little olive oil and sealed with shea. I mostly air dried then blew it out for just a few minutes. I'm about to apply tea tree oil to my scalp...

I think that's it... I took pictures and I will post them tomorrow along with the install pics.

Hi I would like to join this challenge. I currently have an install in now that I got the day b4 Thanksgiving. And 1 month before that I got the BC!:-)

6 mo. than I will see how my hair does to determine if I should go another 6

Regimen:
shampoo 2x week with with baking soda and ACV rinse
DC with every wash with Alter Ego Garlic Con. or Nioxin
Moisture and seal every other night with full baggy

own hair Alter Ego con. and Nioxin, and Neutragena Triple Moisture is leave in
dilluted version on weave hair
seal with EVOO, JBCO, Vitamin e, or coconut oil

End of challenge goal:
As close to BSB as I can get but def APL

Attachments

• backshot.JPG
    backshot.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 26
  • luv luv luv.JPG
    luv luv luv.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 27
  • TADAHH!.jpg
    TADAHH!.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 37
Ya'll going hard in this challenge. Half of ya'll already got your installs in. :lachen: As for me, I finally received my weft sealant today!:superbanana: I'm going to seal tonight and color tomorrow. The hair from AAMH is a dark brown. I hope I don't screw up the hair trying to be Ms. DIY.

LouLou, what spray product did you use on your edges? My edges are also really thin and I always suffer from build up when I put my hair in braids, so not sure what I can do to prevent it.

I used (1) distilled water mixed with tea tree oil and grapeseed oil mix or (2) Jane Carter Solution Leave In Spray or (3) a mix of Infusium 23, distilled water, and jojoba oil. Use any of them lightly once a day or every other day.

I'M SO IN!!! This will be my first time wearing a sew in so I'm super excited!!

12 months

Regimen:
Will shampoo hair with diluted shampoo bottle

Hair up under will moisturized with my special mix of conditioner, water and castor oil every other day.

I will most likely be using synthetic hair, human hair is too expensive for me right now, but will probably get down the road!

Conditioner: Hairveda MC24 Moisturizing Conditioner

Shampoo: Hairveda Amla Shampoo

End of challenge goal:

Shoulder Length

Coming soon!!!! Cam's acting wonky :perplexed

You weren't playing w/ that Remi Goddess huh.

Hey just checkin in - I reinstalled today and think I am going to stay in this install until the end of January. I re-used my Remi Goddess hair and it looks great. I am happy with my reggie thus far and so will continue with the weekly washing and DCing and try and keep in my installs for 6 weeks at a time.

You weren't playing w/ that Remi Goddess huh.

Nope and let me tell you its looking pretty good. Its funny you should write this because I was just gonna do another update for the ladies in this thread about this hair.

Anyways here are pictures of the install (pw in profile):

http://public.fotki.com/stellagirl76/weave-17-dec-2009/

My Update (from Fotki):

"I re-installed my weave on the 17 December for the Christmas and New Year Festivities and as part of the "weave up challenge" on LHCF.
I am also on a "use up your stash" challenge at the moment so instead of buying some more Remi Goddess hair, I decided to use my previous weave hair again as well as the un-used half packet that I had previously not used. As you can see it came out great and the hair is still in good condition and I am hoping to keep this hair in now until the end of January 2010 instead of the New Year as I had first planned.

I think I am getting the hang of this hair now. I had previously used this hair but had not liked it so much but now realise that I had been putting too much oil on it when I was straightening it and bumping in the mornings before work.
Instead this hair really likes minimum fuss to keep it weightless and preserve its swing and bounce.

I now shampoo this hair once a week. Firstly I pre-poo with either Neem Oil or Vatika (both in my stash) with CON shampoo diluted down in an applicator bottle. I focus mainly on my scalp during the washing and the shampoo then finds its way down the lengths of the hair during the rinsing process which keeps it clean. I then follow this with any conditioner/ protein combination from my stash. (For some reason this hair loves the Mizani custom blends conditioners in my stash - I mix 2 parts moisturefuse and 2 parts kerafuse). I then dilute this mixture down and apply to my own hair under the weave. I then DC under a heat conditioning cap for 15 - 20 minutes and then thorough rinse it out for 5 - 10 mins. Finally (as a new step) I then further condition my hair with Nexxus Humectress for 10 mins (while I clean up in the bathroom) and then finally rinse this out with lukewarm and then cool water (not hot) to give an added boost of moisture, swing and shine.

I started this final step after reading on BHM and LHCF that weave hair loves Silicon Mix. I do not have Silicon Mix. It is also very expensive and hard to get hold of in the UK so I compared the ingresients in Nexxus Humectress which I already have in my stash and they appeared to be roughly comparable so I used that instead. When the Humectress runs out I may invest in some Silicon Mix and this final step appears to work so well."

I include this update because I had previously been told to keep the hair away from cones (I think I said this in another post). However this is not true. This hair to some degree loves silicon mix and Nexxus Humectress (new cone heavy formula) so much so that it makes it shine and gives it a new lease of life."

Anyway just wanted to give you the heads up ladies and apologies for the long thread....:grin:

Last edited:
Im seriously thinking of joining the 6 month challenge.

I am sick of my hair. I'm so bored with it that Ive seriously considered cutting it all of.

I should probably weave it up, before I chop it up...lol

I'm going tonight to search for curly kinky at the BSS. I did some research over at BHM for the good BSS brands. Wish me luck. I'll be putting it in over the Winter Break after our last day on December 22. That way I can play with a bit before I return to work on January 4th.

Okay, the BSS in Milwaukee are super sad. They kept trying to push a certain brand of hair on me that I know isn't going to work for me. The choices go from super silky straight to wavy then to coily. I'm looking for something 3c/4a to blend with my top. I'll be ordering online I guess - scary.

Off to stalk Ediese's posts...

Back