Weave It Up Challenge 2010

I am in!!! I am in for the full 12months!!! I wear sew-in back to back for 6/8weeks at a time with 2/3 week breaks in btween.

Regimen: I spray my braids every night with aloe vera juice mixture. then moisturize with ORS in the bottle and seal with whateva oil I have near me! I wash once a week with diluted products [shampoo & conditioner]. I deep condition with heat on hair left out with heat for about an hr. Then I do leave ins...tie my scarf down on my hair left out [currently 20 weeks post ]. sit under the dryer until dry. then I braid into 2 cornrows. and rock a braid out for a week. I may or may not flat iron before braiding depends on how I feel.

I can't think of anything else~but I am super excited!

Last edited:
beginning12_09.jpg

As you can see I"m suffering a mild setback right now due to dryness and I hope that the weave (all braided up) will give me a good break from looking at it :(

This is my starting pic. I had kinky straight hair installed last night.
weave5.jpg

weave1.jpg

weave2.jpg

weave4.jpg

Ordered here:
http://www.hairesthetic.com/hair_extensions/wefted/remy/kinkystraight.html

I sealed it with Fray Check that I got from Michaels before installation. Shedding so far is ok. We'll see how the Fray Check hold up. So far I love this hair. It's a little thick (the tracks are doubled) so next time I will split the tracks to make it a little thinner.

Last edited:
I think I will have to withdraw from this competition. I am just too scared for my hairline (and other places) and the possible damage from the braids! But I wish eveeryone luck!!

How is this hair because I want to buy some BSS afro hair for now and wait til tax time at the end of January to buy the hair that I really want? Trifling, I know, but true.:look:

So far the hair is "okay". The curls clump together and flatten out at night but I just spray it with water in the morning and it looks good as new, my only problem is the hair tangles easily but for the price I paid I can deal with that lol

Is anyone getting a natural curl textured weave online? If so, where and what brand?

Thanks in advance!
ON ANOTHER BOARD :look: they get from halleys curls,extensions plus,wagmans if you want more info pm me it is a little pricey BUT it is 100% virgin and will last for years if cared for properly

so i did my first self install!! woot woot!!
i think it turned out pretty well, but you guys will tell me the truth....when i get pics up.

I got my weave did but I'm not 100% happy with the results... pics coming. On a brighter note, I loved the blow out I did on my natural hair.

Starting pic..lightly blown out fro

fro.jpg

I just got my full sew in on Dec 21, 09 (no hair left out) reused my Goddess remi hair for the 2nd time

sewin.jpg

sewin2.jpg

Wow Blizzard ! This hair looks lush and very natural, Just a few qu's does it matt or tangle and can it be re-used, washed easily etc etc?

TIA

beginning12_09.jpg

As you can see I"m suffering a mild setback right now due to dryness and I hope that the weave (all braided up) will give me a good break from looking at it :(

This is my starting pic. I had kinky straight hair installed last night.
weave5.jpg

weave1.jpg

weave2.jpg

weave4.jpg

Ordered here:
http://www.hairesthetic.com/hair_extensions/wefted/remy/kinkystraight.html

I sealed it with Fray Check that I got from Michaels before installation. Shedding so far is ok. We'll see how the Fray Check hold up. So far I love this hair. It's a little thick (the tracks are doubled) so next time I will split the tracks to make it a little thinner.

@Demi and Loulou: Thanks for your responses. I feel more reassured about my edges now :-)

Sorry ladies, I cannot post a starting pic at the moment as I am already in a sew-in. I will take a pic when I take it down and trim.

Thanks!

i saw your question and wanted to respond..

i wear full sew ins, and my edges have survived.. i think it is all in the braiding pattern yours stylist uses... She uses very little tension and doesnt braid tightly there...

i have worn them for the better part of a year, and they have thickened and grown out..

looks good...what braid pattern did u use? did u use a closure piece?

Thanks lady :wink2:

My braider did not use a closure (if you are talking a separate piece placed on the top), she just kept on sewing the hair in a circular motion on the top of my head into a closure (if that makes sense. Basically at the top of my head there is a little tiny "o". I'm talking TINY). Its very natural looking and not bumpy at all :yep:

The weave in the back was sewn straight across. On top was sewn on circular.

She braided straight back in the back section and in the front like this (I took a pic):

hairfrontb4sewin.jpg

Wow Blizzard ! This hair looks lush and very natural, Just a few qu's does it matt or tangle and can it be re-used, washed easily etc etc?

TIA

I'm suprised at how well it blends with my relaxed texture! I'm about 7weeks post relaxer and love it because I don't have to apply heat to the little bit of hair that I left out in the front.

I washed and air dired this hair prior to installation so this was the finished product. It is not matting so far so good! :yep: detangles easily and I plan on reusing it for at least one more install.

Blizzard, this hair looks lovely. Does it flat iron straight?

I haven't flat ironed it yet. This is airdried. I used the curling iron on a small piece and it seemed to hold the curl well but I haven't had time to attempt to flat iron my whole head yet. If I do I'll post pics.

Thanks lady :wink2:

My braider did not use a closure (if you are talking a separate piece placed on the top), she just kept on sewing the hair in a circular motion on the top of my head into a closure (if that makes sense. Basically at the top of my head there is a little tiny "o". I'm talking TINY). Its very natural looking and not bumpy at all :yep:

The weave in the back was sewn straight across. On top was sewn on circular.

She braided straight back in the back section and in the front like this (I took a pic):

hairfrontb4sewin.jpg

Thanks so much!

I got my weave did but I'm not 100% happy with the results... pics coming. On a brighter note, I loved the blow out I did on my natural hair.

ummmmm.....i love your blowout sooo much!! so freaking gorgeous!
you've found a new fotki stalker in me. :grin:
i can't wait to see your weave...

Installed 11-26-09 Milky Way 100% human hair Indian hair Wet & Wavy in 10" and 12"....It came out really nice and blended very well.

Attachments

• install 11.26.09.jpg
    install 11.26.09.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 66
  • install 11.26.09. 2.jpg
    install 11.26.09. 2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 74
Hello ladies! I have been watching this thread for a minute and I am IN! I have been doing my own weave challenge for that last 5 going on six months as I am deployed overseas and this sand was killing my hair and I was washing to every other day and flat ironing as well all the time from the sweat and washing. With that said.....

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?

12 months

Regimen:

Weaves with be installed every 6 to 8 weeks with little no time of in between. At 6 months will take down and assess and dust ends.

Relax edges with installs as needed for blending and relax hair underneath every other install. But will try to go 3 months + between relaxers. I use either ORS olive oil relaxer, or profective at home and my stylist uses syntonics or affirm ( i believe).

Wash once a week with any shampoo in my stash (pantene, mane and tail, olive oil, keracare, ...

DC once a week with a mix of Hawaiin silky protein conditioner, ORS mayonaise conditioner, pantene intense moisturizing conditioner.

Air dry hair with Foam wrap applied

Flat iron hairs that are out (edges)with ORS moisturizer lotion if using straight hair, use moisturizer/activator for wet and wavy hair.

Type of hair used will be all the brands that I have. Milky way platinium collection, fourbulous, yaky weave straight 12 & 14 inch, weave master 12 and 14 inch, milky way ole, SAGA gold 10 & 12, sensational premium now spanish wave, kinky curl and short cut series and model model short cut series. Ego remi hair in 12 in. Good price on black hair spray.com and there is an excellent sale on hair sisters right now. So I intend to use up my supply with is about 1 1/2 years work and replenish as well. So much for me using up my supply!! LOL! However I will start looking at indian hair and wagmans etc.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:

Hair underneath will have the same regimen for shampoo and conditioner as above. But will use ORS anti-itch scalp oil, Sulfur 8 medicated scalp soution, profective scalp restoration deep down relief and templ restoration topical spray, will use ORS jojoba oil or soy oil as needed and with the braiding of install and on scalp where hair is left out as needed. I will also take a womens ultra or mega vitamin as well.

End of challenge goal:

Would like to be armpit length! My hair is currently right at shoulder or close to shoulder length. Or let's just say it can not be down in my military uniform because it goes below the bottom edge of my collar!

Post a starting length picture:

This is a close as I can get as I have not taken out my current weave yet. I will in the beginning of Jan. and then post a pick as soon as I can with that. I just ask that you be a little patient with that picture as I will be traveling back to the united states (home)! Yea!!!! But will have the africans here to my first sew in of the year. Happy weaving ladies and did I mention I am brand new to this site and forum as well!

Attachments

• 02-09-07_114[1].jpg
    02-09-07_114[1].jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 10
Installed 11-26-09 Milky Way 100% human hair Indian hair Wet & Wavy in 10" and 12"....It came out really nice and blended very well.

I'm scurred of Milky Way but your hair does look nice.

Question - Did you wash this hair before you put it in?

Last edited:

This looks great! I just received my shipment of this exact hair from Hairsisters.com (1 bag 12 inch 1b) and plan on using it on my Summer install. Ive read great reviews on the hair ( I have never been a milky way fan) I plan on sealing the wefts first before my install

So I'm gonna try my own Reneice grow your hair with Weaves regimen. I'm so excited. I always get to Collarbone length and do something stupid and get set back:wallbash:. Hopefully this will get me too APL and BEYOND...:grin:

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? I plan to do a WHOLE year. Last time I tried the itchies made me stop after 5 months

Regimen: Full weave with lace/silk closure. Self Wash Once a week and Professional Wash every other week. Moisturize Daily and Daily Megatek Use. I'm waiting to hear back from my stylist (I'm gonna try Shawndadee) to see what products she recommends. I will also be deep conditioning with Heat.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave: Um I Want to use the Oyin Juice and Berries or Oyin Greg Juice (I'm open to recommendations) and I will be experimenting with different things for the itchies. (Sea Breeze, Witch Hazel, and Kimble Hair System's Scalp Relief Antiseptic). I will Also be Deep Conditioning with Heat Alternating with Protein and Moisture. Probably Mizani and KPax.

End of challenge goal: 1. 100% Healthy (Like Reniece's Hair Makeover's) No Split Ends or Breakage or Stress Spot. 2. Between APL And BSL. If I can get to APL by July (My Birthday) I will be happy!

Post a starting length picture: I don't have any pictures yet. I'm currently grazing Collarbone length and I want to get a REALLY GOOD trim so that my hair has a FRESH start. Plus I'm gonna buy a Length Check Tee.

I'm in! I've already had my weave in since late November. I'm self installing and planning on keeping it up until my graduation in May. Starting pic is in the sig....i'm shooting for MBL or WL.

Ladies, I live in Biloxi, MS and are wondering if anyone knows of anybody in that area that does weaves at a descent price? Looks like my stylist is relocating on me.

I'm IN!!!!

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?
12!

Regimen:
•Wash once a week in the shower with diluted shampoo.
•Deep condition weave and my own hair underneath once a week.
•Use Diluted Clarifying shampoo every 4th week
•I am thinking about co-washing 2X a week… I work out and sweat ALOT,
•Whenever I wash or co-wash, use my diluted leave in conditioner
•Moisturize 1 to 2 times daily
•All shampoos and co-washes will be done with an applicator bottle and all moisturizing and leave in conditioners will be done with a nozzle bottle.
•Take out and reinstall weave every 6 to 8 weeks at the longest
•When taking out braids Wash with Clarifying shampoo. Strong protein treatment wait 1-2 weeks at the latest to reinstall.
•HEALTHY HAIR FORM WITHIN: Drinking 1-2 protein shakes+ vitamins with soy milk daily, exercising regularly, at Least 2-3 bottles of water a day, increasing the fruit and vegetable intake, and limiting the CRAP in my diet.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:

•Diluted WEN shampoo for my own hair
•For co-washes: will use diluted Hair One or No rinse shampoo?
•For DC's will use ORS Pack or Organics by African best Cholesterol Tea-tree Oil
•For leave in: diluted aphrogee provitamin or diluted Motions Leave in
•For Daily moisture: (Dilute hair one and wild growth oil) And (diluted Netrogena Triple Moisture Daily cream and Wild growth oil.)

For the weave: I really don’t know yet… probably a cheapie depending on if I get straight or curly hair/

End of challenge goal:
•To be a thick, healthy, even APL by January 1, 2011 (IN JESUS NAME!)

starting pic:

hairjourney003-vi-1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac170/sokoron/hairjourney006-vi.jpg[/IMG]
hairjourney004-vi-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
So I'm gonna try my own Reneice grow your hair with Weaves regimen. I'm so excited. I always get to Collarbone length and do something stupid and get set back:wallbash:. Hopefully this will get me too APL and BEYOND...:grin:

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? I plan to do a WHOLE year. Last time I tried the itchies made me stop after 5 months

Regimen: Full weave with lace/silk closure. Self Wash Once a week and Professional Wash every other week. Moisturize Daily and Daily Megatek Use. I'm waiting to hear back from my stylist (I'm gonna try Shawndadee) to see what products she recommends. I will also be deep conditioning with Heat.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave: Um I Want to use the SHESCENTIT Scalp Spritz and Hairveda Vatika Frosting(I'm open to recommendations) and I will be experimenting with different things for the itchies. (Sea Breeze, Witch Hazel, and Qhemet Tea Tree and Grape Seed). I will Also be Deep Conditioning with Heat Alternating with Protein and Moisture.

End of challenge goal: 1. 100% Healthy (Like Reniece's Hair Makeover's) No Split Ends or Breakage or Stress Spot. (Health before Length) 2. Between APL And BSL. If I can get to APL by July (My Birthday) I will be happy!

Post a starting length picture: I don't have any pictures yet. I'm currently grazing Collarbone length and I want to get a REALLY GOOD trim so that my hair has a FRESH start. Plus I'm gonna buy a Length Check Tee.

picture.php

This is an old picture but the length is EXACTLY the same.

I'm about to start a Protein regimen to get my hair ready for the Sew-In. And if Anybody has comments on Atlanta Stylist please let me know. Currently I've heard of Amanda, Monique and Shawnda Dee. I'm looking for somebody that is going to want to help me grow my hair and encourage healthy hair practices.

Last edited:
Back