Currently chin length so my goal is to reach shoulder length

Attachments

• DSC00059.jpg
    DSC00059.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00060.jpg
    DSC00060.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 13
Is anyone getting a natural curl textured weave online? If so, where and what brand?

Thanks in advance!

I did. I bought AAMH Kinky Curly from:

http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/

Halley's Curls Creole Curly is also a nice curly brand.

These links helped me choose:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=192084

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=362719

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=401148

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=369992

@loulou82 @stellagirl76 @Rocky91

:grin: Thank you sooooo much.
I was about to give up on the sew-in idea (I did not want to use any heat to straighten) but now I'm so back in!

Thanks for the heads up stellagirl76! If I go the BSS route I'll purchase Remi Goddess.....

but I'm thinking about putting my coins together and buy a higher quality hair (depending on what my Christmas money is looking like :lachen:)

Since I was 15 I've used Lugo's loose hair for braiding and have had maybe 1 or 2 bad batches. Overall I like the hair just HATE the dye. That dye is the WORST on my sensitive scalp. **Side note** I never washed the hair before using it. Before LHCF I didn't know that I was suppose to. I actually thought I would be ruining the hair if I did. Straight hair ignorance. :ohwell:

Anywhoo, I was thinking going w/ Lugo's since I'm accustom to it. But the raves on Extensions Plus is intriguing. Decisions, Decisions.....

Hey BreakageInAtlanta I have the Remi Goddess hair in at the moment and I love it. Have had it in for about 5 weeks and I have washed it every single week. In fact this hair looks better after washing when it feels more weightless. I think you could probably use it twice (i.e. 6 - 8 weeks each time) if you took care of it. I am taking it out tonight to wash/ deep condition my own hair and then re-install at the end of the week for Christmas and new year (about 2 - 3 weeks only - I will then take a 2 week break to install again by 15 Jan for this challenge).

Anyway back to the hair: This hair lasts well if you look after it. So choose a non sulfate poo such as CON and a No cone conditioner. I think Patene would prob be ok.

I am thinking next time of trying the Halleys curls as I am looking for something I can use for 6 months as I have worked out this costs the same as using the Remi Goddess for 3 months.

Tell me about it.... I won't even tell you what my hair practices were like before I joined the board!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Anyway - Just a little update on this hair. I took it out last night (took me 3 hours whilst watching CSI/ CSI NY & CSI Las Vegas). I was being so slow as I didn't want to cut my hair or cause any breakage (have done that before). My Hair was gorghus and did not stink because I washed it every week. I had no matting or anything but obviously there was shedding to take care of. I Combed through with a large tooth comb and slathered on some Vatika and off I went to bed at 2.00 am.

I greased up the hair a bit with oils before take down to make it easier and I tell you its in "near pristine" condition. My only critique would be the shedding (which isn't that horrific). Anyway I am going to leave it soaking in mild/ diluted shampoo concoction to get all the residue out and DC and air dry before installing again at the end of this week for another 3 weeks for over the Christmas Holiday. My verdict therefore is with proper really vigilant care you can re-use this hair twice.

I am also looking into Halleys Curls Relaxed Textured Hair as I want to buy Hair that I can use for 6 months as I stated in my last post.

My only question would be to the ladies in the know is whether there is a BIG difference between the Goddess Remi and the Halleys Curls Relaxed Textured???

TIA Ladies !!! :grin:

Thanks for the heads up stellagirl76! If I go the BSS route I'll purchase Remi Goddess.....

but I'm thinking about putting my coins together and buy a higher quality hair (depending on what my Christmas money is looking like :lachen:)

Since I was 15 I've used Lugo's loose hair for braiding and have had maybe 1 or 2 bad batches. Overall I like the hair just HATE the dye. That dye is the WORST on my sensitive scalp. **Side note** I never washed the hair before using it. Before LHCF I didn't know that I was suppose to. I actually thought I would be ruining the hair if I did. Straight hair ignorance. :ohwell:

Anywhoo, I was thinking going w/ Lugo's since I'm accustom to it. But the raves on Extensions Plus is intriguing. Decisions, Decisions.....

HI Ladies

I would like to join the challenge.

I am already in a sew-in (used EPRT hair). This is the 5th week in. I hope to go at least 12 weeks. The longest I ever kept a sew-in in was 9 weeks.

It is my first full sew in. I used a closure and I am loving the fact that I have no blending issues.

I just wanted to ask the ladies who have had full sew-ins: How was it for your edges? I hope it does not destroy my edges.

I had a horseshoe and edges left out last sew-in and I experienced quite some breakage on the leave out hair. I did a full sew-in hoping it would give my edges a chance to recover.

i'm taking my braids out right now and ugh!!! i wasn't looking forward to this task!! :nono: i will be posting my starting pics later today

Great challenge! Thanks OP

edited: I just got my sew-in yesterday; so I will be wearing this one until around Feb. 15th, I will not length check again until at least April, but maybe I'll hold out until the end of the challenge...

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?

I haven't decided yet, I've been wearing weaves since Feb 2008. My last relaxer was Feb 7,2008 and I bc'd October 2008. More than likely it will be 12 months. My goal is WL.

Regimen:

Takedown every 2 months, during resting period I DC and Henna. I wear it natural and since I did a length check this past week I will not do one again until my install after next. While in the install, I plan to use a mixture of MT, JBCO and Bhingraj oil 3-4 nights per week/ I wash once a week.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:

MT, JBCO, and Bhingraj (during install) Hello Hydration conditioner for co-washes, and Anita Grant shampoo bars for every other shampoo. Between installs I use a sulfate-shampoo or acv rinse, henna and AO Honeysuckle rose deep conditioner. I want to try Jane Carter's next...
End of challenge goal: WL, or at least MBL with thick ends

Post a starting length picture

I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pics within a thread, so here's my fotki link

http://public.fotki.com/hKkATL/hair-growth-journey-pics/121409.html

I am SO excited about this challenge. My current install is an inverted bob...and I love it. When I get reweaved in January I am sure I will go back to this style at least one mo gin! :-)

I think I'm gonna do it. I bought the hair over the weekend - I don't remember the brand. I'm in love with my hair right now so this is hard. Luckily I don't have to put it in until January. When I get clear pics to post for starting, I'll post my regimen and whether I'll be 6-12 months.

I'm scurred.

Yay, my first LHCF challenge!

12 months

Regimen:
Co-wash 2 times per week using V05 condish, shampoo with Nioxin cleanser, followed by Nioxin Scalp Therapy (I think that's what it's called lol), DC with Silk Elements condish or ORS Replenishing Pak for at least one hr. Will change Nioxin products to other products once I reverse some of the damage done to my hair...not sure if they can be used continually or just while hair is damaged. Will use Aphogee treatments every 6 weeks and before I re-install hair

See above

End of challenge goal:
APL-ish

Post a starting length picture:

Since I'm not sure how to post pics on here lol
http://members.fotki.com/Covergirl1908/

Ok. I'm in. I was just talking to a coworker about this. I told her my hair wasn't growing as quickly in these braids as it does in sew-ins.

I'm going to commit to six months to begin. I'm currently in braids and will wear them until January. I cut off all of my permed ends January 2009 and will straighten in January to do a length check then. After that Im going to keep it hidden until the remainder of the school year. I will see how the summer goes. I'm hoping it will be huge and I can wear it out if not then back into a weave it goes.

Last edited:
sound interesting .. I have been wearing weaves for the last couple of months now and i LOVE them .... Im in!

I would love to join. Im going to commit to 6 months first( have a hard time sticking to a chanllenge). Right now im in a sew in until the end of January.
I will wash my hair every other week with my aphogee deep con shampoo, then deep con with pantene pro v relaxed and natural hair mask, spray sew in with a leave in mixed with water.

okay... i have updated my siggy! that's my starting pic. right now my hair is drenched in conditioner. i permed ONLY my leave-out and its drenched in reconstructor right now. then i will dc my entire head and later tonight self install :drunk:

So sorry to quote myself but I just wanted to ask my question again: I just wanted to ask the ladies who have had full sew-ins: How was it for your edges?

HI Ladies

I would like to join the challenge.

I am already in a sew-in (used EPRT hair). This is the 5th week in. I hope to go at least 12 weeks. The longest I ever kept a sew-in in was 9 weeks.

It is my first full sew in. I used a closure and I am loving the fact that I have no blending issues.

I just wanted to ask the ladies who have had full sew-ins: How was it for your edges? I hope it does not destroy my edges.

I had a horseshoe and edges left out last sew-in and I experienced quite some breakage on the leave out hair. I did a full sew-in hoping it would give my edges a chance to recover.

Ok.
I got my hair from Halley's Curls yesterday. I ordered the Gentle Wave Relaxed Hybrid. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the hair.
Don't get me wrong. It's very nice, but I feel like All4Tris in that the hair is....ok. It's nice, but it reminds me of BSS hair I have purchased before (if that makes sense). I guess I expected more. It's not bad at all and I might purchase it from them again when this batch dies. I just...I dunno. I'll put some pics and a review up on my blog later.

I purchased the silk closure too. I installed yesterday so I'm good to go on the challenge.

So sorry to quote myself but I just wanted to ask my question again: I just wanted to ask the ladies who have had full sew-ins: How was it for your edges?

I wish I could tell you, but this is the first time I've had a full sew in. I don't have an answer, but I at least wanted to come in an answer you.
There are a lot of ladies on BHM who have worn full weaves and they haven't had a problem with their edges. I think a lot of them may use a net. This is my first time using a net and it definitely relieves a lot of the stress on your hair.

Ok.
I got my hair from Halley's Curls yesterday. I ordered the Gentle Wave Relaxed Hybrid. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the hair.
Don't get me wrong. It's very nice, but I feel like All4Tris in that the hair is....ok. It's nice, but it reminds me of BSS hair I have purchased before (if that makes sense). I guess I expected more. It's not bad at all and I might purchase it from them again when this batch dies. I just...I dunno. I'll put some pics and a review up on my blog later.

I purchased the silk closure too. I installed yesterday so I'm good to go on the challenge.

Hey Demi looking forward to the pics!

Ok.

Awww. I hope you have a good experience with your batch. I actually wanted to order the GWR after I do 6 months in a curly weave. These fotki's make the hair look so nice:

http://public.fotki.com/hrlady12/halleys-curls-gentl/

http://public.fotki.com/Sayra718/halleys-curls-gentl/

I've had sew in's with my edges braided and my edges survived. I have thin edges to begin with so any damage would be very noticable. What helped me was not getting every baby hair/ strand braided and not having the braids done too tightly. I would moisturized every other day with a spray product that wouldn't cause build up I also tied down the hair at night with a bonnet.

CHALLENGE UPDATE

I know many ladies will be getting their sew-ins soon. Please remember to take a STARTING PICTURE. We want something to compare to our ending results. If you are joining the challenge please submit the following info:

Regimen:

End of challenge goal:

Post a starting length picture:

Last edited:
I got my hair from hairsister.com finally. Yay. I am going to weave my hair next week and I will post pics before(if I can figure out how).

Hey Demi looking forward to the pics!
I took them last night and was gonna PM you with them, but then I got so tired doing my hair. I promise I will post them later today.
I need to get off this computer and get out the house. LOL.

Awww. I hope you have a good experience with your batch. I actually wanted to order the GWR after I do 6 months in a curly weave. These fotki's make the hair look so nice:

http://public.fotki.com/hrlady12/halleys-curls-gentl/

http://public.fotki.com/Sayra718/halleys-curls-gentl/

I do too. She's (in Fotki # 1) was the reason that I purchased the GWR to begin with. I hope this hair lasts.

I've had sew in's with my edges braided and my edges survived. I have thin edges to begin with so any damage would be very noticable. What helped me was not getting every baby hair/ strand braided and not having the braids done too tightly. I would moisturized every other day with a spray product that wouldn't cause build up I also tied down the hair at night with a bonnet.

LouLou, what spray product did you use on your edges? My edges are also really thin and I always suffer from build up when I put my hair in braids, so not sure what I can do to prevent it.

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? undeceided
6 months if it is successful i will continue..lol

Regimen:
Wash once a month- W/ Diluted Shampoo and DC with matix conditioning balm or sally gvp knock off. moisturize and protein every other day rotating between,aloe mix and diluted aphogee leave in

aloe vera mix, aloe giovanni amooth as silk conditioner and a few drops of evoo,evco and tea tree rotating between

current length:
past apl almost bsl

Goal
to determine if I will go natural or not

Please add me

12. Months

Regimen: co-wash 1x-2x week
Shampoo 1x week
Deep condis 1x

Ovation line / megatek / jbco / everynight

Ovation line / megatek / jbco/ coconut oil/ minute

End of challenge goal: Full, thick. Long. Healty

Post a starting length picture:Hair is currently weaved up, next picture will be wheni take the weave out about next week

Back