Weave It Up Challenge 2010

Okay so I am trying to decide between the lace closure and the silk closure? Do any of you ladies have an opinion on which would be better?

From what I've read, a silk closure is easier to use. The only thing that you may have to do to prep the closure is tea rinse/dye the silk and seal it. With a lace closure, you have to find fabric the color of your scalp and use it under the closure... personally, that's a bit much for me. I installed a silk closure last week and it was a piece of cake but, I have no experience with a lace closure... HTH

From what I've read, a silk closure is easier to use. The only thing that you may have to do to prep the closure is tea rinse/dye the silk and seal it. With a lace closure, you have to find fabric the color of your scalp and use it under the closure... personally, that's a bit much for me. I installed a silk closure last week and it was a piece of cake but, I have no experience with a lace closure... HTH

I agree with this. I purchased a silk closure too. I plan on dyeing the silk (if necessary) when I do my install.
Now, if I can just get my hair delivered!!!!

No problem. Believe it or not, that's my Christmas present to myself as well. LOL. Thank goodness they should be back in stock when I get paid again next week.

Just been over to BHM Demi and boy is this vendor being slated with a vengence? Have you bought from them before - do you know what the quality of the RT is compared to EPRT?

TIA :grin:

Just been over to BHM Demi and boy is this vendor being slated with a vengence? Have you bought from them before - do you know what the quality of the RT is compared to EPRT?

Girl, I known they are. LOL.
It's funny because the ONLY reason I purchased it was because it's cheaper that EPRT and one of the members over there raved about the hair. I can't remember the name of the member, but it was the one who won free hair from Halleys. Her pic is now on the site for the Gentle Wave Relaxed Hybrid. She swears the hair is really nice, and her pics looked really good, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

This is my first time purchasing hair online. I'm PRAYING I get a good batch. I found out after the fact (on BHM) that the customer service for them is questionable. Regardless, I know the EPRT is better than Halleys without even getting the Halleys. Maybe when I'm feeling more generous I'll buy from EPRT.

Oh! The OTHER thing is, the 1B 14in that I wanted from EP is never available. That's the other reason I haven't purchased from them.

I'm in. I am going to be doing braids for 6 months straight and from there I will decide if I want to continue with a sew in.

honey, get on youtube-there are so many tutorials on there. :yep:
i just looked through your fotki (your hair is gorgeous, by the way, and we're probably hair family :grin:).
what was the brand of the curly weave that you had during months 11 and 12 of your transition?? it was during april/may 2008.
it looked sooooo good.
if it's something in my price range, i'll be all over it!! :grin:

The hair used for the curly weave was by Milky Way. The type is either Water Wave or Water Weave. I can't remember which one but you should be able to tell if you go to the BSS. It comes in 10 in or 12 in. My stylist used 2 packs and razored off some of the bulk when styling it. The hair was probably around $20 a pack. It lasted me 5 weeks and maybe more if I would have known to sleep with curly hair tied up or twisted.

um...so guess who's definitely gonna know how to do her own weaves flawlessly by the time this challenge ends?? :grin:
ME!!
after detangling through the Model Model wet and wavy that i have in right now (please don't ever purchase this brand, it basically formed dreadlocks after i went swimming last week), it looked REALLY thin. so i took the extra hair that the stylist had left over after doing my install, and sewed it right in. super easy!! i can definitely do this-now i'll be able to only wear my sew-ins for the ideal (for my hair, at least) 4 weeks, since i'll be doing them myself. :yep:

ummm can we get a pic? lol
what did u do with the leave out hair?

The hair used for the curly weave was by Milky Way. The type is either Water Wave or Water Weave. I can't remember which one but you should be able to tell if you go to the BSS. It comes in 10 in or 12 in. My stylist used 2 packs and razored off some of the bulk when styling it. The hair was probably around $20 a pack. It lasted me 5 weeks and maybe more if I would have known to sleep with curly hair tied up or twisted.
thanks so much!! it's really cute- and i love that price.
it's going on my list...:grin:

ummm can we get a pic? lol
what did u do with the leave out hair?
lol-i haven't taken any pictures in a while...but i'll probably upload one later tonight.
it's a full weave-the stylist who did it for me INSISTED on it...she was like, "um, rocky, i know how lazy you can get, and i don't want you walking around looking busted when finals come around and you don't have time to even think about blending." :blush:
while i don't love how it looks with no hair out, i have to admit it's nice to not worry about blending at all. i mean, i could devote that time to my 15 page research paper instead. :look:

I've purchased from Halleys several times... and let's just say it's been on a hope and a prayer each time. Luckily, I haven't had any real issues (knock on wood).

As far as the quality of the hair... I currently have the Miami Relaxed hybrid and the gentle wave hybrid. I love the Miami Relaxed... I made a half wig out of the hair and I wore it mostly all last summer. I'm thinking of buying a closure and using the hair in a sew in for this summer. I have the Gentle Wave hybrid in now and the hair is just OK... It matches my texture pretty well and there is some shedding as well. I probably wouldn't purchase again.

I agree with Demi in that EPRT (I've never used it) is a better quality than HC.. however HC is doable... It's still way better than anything you'll find at the BSS.

Girl, I known they are. LOL.
It's funny because the ONLY reason I purchased it was because it's cheaper that EPRT and one of the members over there raved about the hair. I can't remember the name of the member, but it was the one who won free hair from Halleys. Her pic is now on the site for the Gentle Wave Relaxed Hybrid. She swears the hair is really nice, and her pics looked really good, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

This is my first time purchasing hair online. I'm PRAYING I get a good batch. I found out after the fact (on BHM) that the customer service for them is questionable. Regardless, I know the EPRT is better than Halleys without even getting the Halleys. Maybe when I'm feeling more generous I'll buy from EPRT.

Oh! The OTHER thing is, the 1B 14in that I wanted from EP is never available. That's the other reason I haven't purchased from them.

As far as the quality of the hair... I currently have the Miami Relaxed hybrid and the gentle wave hybrid. I love the Miami Relaxed... I made a half wig out of the hair and I wore it mostly all last summer. I'm thinking of buying a closure and using the hair in a sew in for this summer.

I just checked out the site and the Miami Relaxed looks very nice. I might get this to begin my challenge. :yep:

Okay this will be my first challenge!:grin:

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?
12 months
:yep:

Regimen:
Wash, DC once a week, redo micros around the perimeter every three weeks;
Reinstall every 12 weeks

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:
Elasta QP H-Two
light oils (jojoba & sweet almond)
sulphur 8
mousse

End of challenge goal:
to retain 6 inches
:lick:

Post a starting length picture:
posted that (im around 5.5 inches) and a pic of my install, done on Saturday :)

Attachments

• dec 14-garfield 012.jpg
    dec 14-garfield 012.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
  • oct 23, 09 325.jpg
    oct 23, 09 325.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 24
Okay this will be my first challenge!:grin:

12 months
:yep:

Regimen:
Wash, DC once a week, redo micros around the perimeter every three weeks;
Reinstall every 12 weeks

Please be careful with the Micros. This is why I have no hairline left. I used to do weaves with fine micros instead of pressing my leave out hair and it badly damaged my hairline. I Really would hate anyone to suffer the same fate.

^^^^agree...Leave micros alone. Especially redoing the micros every three weeks;Just reading that is making me cringe.

ITA on the micros! I've only had them once (4 weeks) and my hairline was the area that suffered the most!

Maybe you should try tree-braids instead.

Hey Ladies,

Right now I have EP Silky Relaxed Texture and, while I like it, I no longer have a relaxer and it doesn't blend well.

Does anyone know of a full head style (with absolutely no leaveout) that I can wear for about 3 months using the same hair? How can I do this w/o it looking "wiggy".

Thank you!

I am still waiting from hairsisters.com. This is a night mare. I don't feel well today but tomorow I am going to call their customer service.

Hey Ladies,

Right now I have EP Silky Relaxed Texture and, while I like it, I no longer have a relaxer and it doesn't blend well.

Does anyone know of a full head style (with absolutely no leaveout) that I can wear for about 3 months using the same hair? How can I do this w/o it looking "wiggy".

Thank you!

this thread has some options. :yep:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=426404
personally (just like i said in there) i think curly or wavy styles with lots of volume look nice as full head styles.

ok I know i said i was gonna wait till january, but I scored an appt with Tinnell this wednesday and I just can't resist. I'll be deep conditioning tomorrow and then weavin' it up wed.

I'm going to try to go 3.5 or 4 months and I'm going to get maybe BSL length weave long layers and cut into another bob halfway

Six months

Regimen:
weekly poo
dc with ORS

Olive oil, coconut oil, and Boundless Tresses

End of challenge goal:
APL and BSL

112309back-vi.jpg

Now take off two inches....I had a SHS setback

I am more than ready to put my weave back in.........I'm trying to wait until I go home for Christmas because the brands at the BSSs around here.... :down:

ok I know i said i was gonna wait till january, but I scored an appt with Tinnell this wednesday and I just can't resist. I'll be deep conditioning tomorrow and then weavin' it up wed.

I'm going to try to go 3.5 or 4 months and I'm going to get maybe BSL length weave long layers and cut into another bob halfway

Can't wait to see your new install! Don't forget to fill out the starting information listed in the OP and attach a starting pic!

Regimen:

End of challenge goal:

6 months (unless I extend which is very likely)

Regimen:

Wash hair every 2 weeks with: Hair One
Moisturize every other day with: Nexxus Humectrus, water, and ayurvedic oils
Apply Ovation every other day

Hair One, Nexxus Humectrus, Water, Ayurvedic Oils, Ovation, Best weave shampoo I can find.

End of challenge goal: BSL (6 months) or MBL (12 months)

gotta get one..

Is anyone getting a natural curl textured weave online? If so, where and what brand?

Thanks in advance!

I might (and that's a big maybe) be getting the Bohyme Brazilian Wave. you can get it online, but i'll personally be getting it from my beauty supply store.
here is a link to one website where it's sold: http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...4=&sortName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=
and here's a thread about the hair-don't let how crazy the model looks deter you. the hair is really lovely, turning into kinky curls/waves when wet: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=251397

Back