Weave It Up Challenge 2010

Stella, I love the 2nd picture of the goddess, now you make me want to try it. can you post pic if you do use the hair?

alright, so all is well with me and my weaves. i do them myself, i have a good routine going with moisturizing my own hair, and they look on point.

only problem? my boyfriend is tired of them. he keeps saying "but you have your own hair!!! you don't need it!" and telling him it's for a challenge on a hair board....he'd just :perplexed and :lachen:

i don't know what to do!! any suggestions??

Sooo sry for the rediculously lon delay...but the hair is by Milky Way and its the 100% Wet and Wavy. and I took it out 2 days ago. And let me tell you...it was def time, this hair will only last 2 mo.

Tell me about it :infatuated:. I am so in a quandary now.... :perplexed:

I think I am gonna hunt it down in London and see what the texture is like in the flesh....

Stella the pictures of that hair are beautiful! I have never used goddess hair before, but there are quite a bit of people here in the US that swear by it. You are definitely tempting me in to trying it! I think I may have to check it out.:scratchch

SG76 - that hair has me hooked when i saw it online, if you find it in london (hey london girl) let me know where you find it so i can feel it too:lick:

I took my weave down last night. It took about 5 hours, it was really installed. I followed the advice of many, and took the weave down...saturated each section with conditioner(Suave Humectant). After I saturated the section, I took my wide tooth comb, and combed through very slowly. I lost about the size of a lemon in shed hair. Not bad. I was very scared to wash it...but I slathered some Elasta QP DPR-11 on top of the detangled hair. I let that sit while I bathed under a plastic cap. Next, I washed it with Keracare Shampoo for Color Treated Hair. I then used Humecto to DC, and I slathered on some Aphogee 2 Minute on top of the Humecto at the end. I rinsed that combo out. Put on some Chi Keratin Mist and Chi Silk Infusion and blow dried. I blowdried b/c I've been sick and couldn't airdry overnite(it was already 12:30a). I am going in to the salon on Tuesday for a trim, rinse, dc and flat iron, I'll post a pic after my appt. I'll also upload some pics to my fotki, so you can see before the install and after! Overall I was happy with the health of my hair after taking down the install. I moisturized my hair about 2x a week with a spray I made of Elasta QP H-Two, Castor Oil, and a little braid spray. I sprayed the braids underneath the weave. I washed every week with a color applicator bottle and dc'd the same way. My leave out edges, I sprayed daily with Jane Carter Leave In and sealed with Keracare Creme Hairdress. My hair feels very good...and looks healthy...the ends even look great!

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?
I will try 6 months first, if this goes well im going for the goal!!! 12 months

Regimen:

Wash and condish 1x a week. Moistruize and seal 3x a week

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:
My hair and weave: Hair One Cleanser and Conditioner

Moisturizer: Nu gro moisturizer
Oil (Sealing): JBCO

End of challenge goal:
6 months> Full Sholder Length
12 months> APL!!!!!!

Post a starting length picture:

http://api.ning.com/files/3Mat6Kl48...c09jan10078.jpg?width=183&height=183&crop=1:1

Last edited:
I know I am quotint myself but I think I am becoming more sold on this hair. I found another pic of it...... ummmmmmmmmmm............................

3119.jpg

Ok! I drove to New Orleans which is my hometown and I know that you can find good hair in the store there (as well as the low priced lower quality stuff). And, what I found is that a lot of the stores there ( I went to more than one) do not carry goddess anymore. They said that they have had way to many customer complaints about it and then it became harder to move/sell because of the spiral down of the quailty of the brand especially for the price. So, I found what they say was comparable in velvet remi (deep wave). So if you find it I hope it is good for your and let us know how it works out. I do know that you can order it online (I believe you can find it at Hairsisters.com). the 12 in is $61.99 per pack and the 14in is probably $70.99. I may look into getting it from them myself, but I pick up this outre velvet brand and some other hair that caught my eye. I bought up some hair. I have enough hair to last me the rest of this challenge and the next two years as well probably! Which is why I try to stay out the store and no need in me signing up for a use up your stash challenge!:gorgeous:

Checking in.

I culdnt get my hair done over so i just dc today with ors replen. con & mane-n-tail con. then air dry & flat iron the leave out (the usual routine) Hair is a lil frizzy but it feels softer.

Attachments

• Picture 3296.jpg
    Picture 3296.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 58
Im not *in* this challenge, but Im peeking in here to say that tomorrow, Im getting this sew-in:

DSC01793.jpg

its really cute and simple. I hope to wear it for a month. Im sorry the pic is so big!

Thanks ladies

@jlh - I used a homemade cap. I took a half wig and than took the hair off. I than added some netting around the edges. I needed one that was more custom so it could fit like I wanted it too. I sewed the hair on.

@blizzard. I LOVE this hair. I wish I would have bought it sooner. It blends effortlessly (even when wet) and flat irons and hold curls like a dream.

Has anyone ever used the Goddess Remi Deep Weaving hair (pic below):

There is also another picture example at the link below.........

http://www.pakcosmetics.com/upload/SENREMIDEEPWAVEWVGs.jpg

I am maybe thinking of using it for my next install... The Yaki hair seems to have performed well so thought this might be a good choice.

All feedback greatly appreciated ladies !

You must've been reading my mind. I actually bookmarked this page last week. I love this style and already told my stylist about it. It is gorgeous.

Ok! I drove to New Orleans which is my hometown and I know that you can find good hair in the store there (as well as the low priced lower quality stuff). And, what I found is that a lot of the stores there ( I went to more than one) do not carry goddess anymore. They said that they have had way to many customer complaints about it and then it became harder to move/sell because of the spiral down of the quailty of the brand especially for the price. So, I found what they say was comparable in velvet remi (deep wave). So if you find it I hope it is good for your and let us know how it works out. I do know that you can order it online (I believe you can find it at Hairsisters.com). the 12 in is $61.99 per pack and the 14in is probably $70.99. I may look into getting it from them myself, but I pick up this outre velvet brand and some other hair that caught my eye. I bought up some hair. I have enough hair to last me the rest of this challenge and the next two years as well probably! Which is why I try to stay out the store and no need in me signing up for a use up your stash challenge!:gorgeous:

See I am really surprised they say this because I have used the same batch of REMI Goddess for my last two installs and I kid you not it is in PRISTINE condition and I could easily use it again for another install. I went to have it re-tightend last week as I had an impt occasion to attend and the hairdresser who re-tightened and flat Ironed/ styled it was taken aback by how great condition it was in considering it was 4 months old and I had used it twice.

Like most people she wanted to add oil sheen to flat Iron it so I had to stop her and prised out my John Freida water based heat protectant from my handbag (which smells lush btw :lick:). She was amazed by how little product the hair needed and by the condition the John Freida left the hair in. I think Stylists sometimes think the more product the better when in actual fact it is the reverse. People just want to do something to their hair when they should just leave it the heck alone.

I think the thing with this hair is that women do not know how to use it. It is silky based Chinese hair so it stands to reason that you have to take that into consideration when looking after it. I found this out through trial and error. This hair :love: Joico, Redken, Matrix Biolage and Mizani Products. It does NOT like any oil based or heavy petroleum products. I also think that just like the BoBraz hair there are A LOT of fakes floating around, hence why I use the SAME supplier each time. If you ladies want I can give you a blow by blow guide as to how I look after this hair and keep it "swanging" day by day. It really has been the epitome in LOW maintainance hair for me.

Checking in.

I culdnt get my hair done over so i just dc today with ors replen. con & mane-n-tail con. then air dry & flat iron the leave out (the usual routine) Hair is a lil frizzy but it feels softer.

If your weave is acting up I would say do a massive clarifying treatment and then DC with salon products i.e. Joico, Redken, etc. It will be like a new head of hair. I have been >< before....

Im not *in* this challenge, but Im peeking in here to say that tomorrow, Im getting this sew-in:

DSC01793.jpg

its really cute and simple. I hope to wear it for a month. Im sorry the pic is so big!

Just freaking beautiful is all I wanted to say. I think I may steal this idea in the future....

You must've been reading my mind. I actually bookmarked this page last week. I love this style and already told my stylist about it. It is gorgeous.

Tell me about it :love:

Last edited:
Oh, I want in on the 6 month challenge. I weaved up on the 23 (a bit late).

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?
I will try 6 months first, if this goes well im going for the goal!!! 12 months

The challenge is already underway and is closed for now. But it may open in June for ladies to participate in the second half of 2010. You're more than welcome to ask questions and get feedback though. :yep:

Ya'll have convinced me to go straight for the Summer. I did it backwards by going curly in the Winter but I really want to try out a straight weave now... off to research.

Im still hanging in there, although im getting tired of these bangs! This hair sheds when combed or brushed, im so tired of sweeping hair off the bathroom floor:perplexed. I plan on washing Monday, the weave feels coated. I need to find some kind of heat protectant thats light enough not to cause this. any suggestions?

Ya'll have convinced me to go straight for the Summer. I did it backwards by going curly in the Winter but I really want to try out a straight weave now... off to research.

See? And I'm thinking about going curly for the summer. I have to choose. DECISIONS.DECISIONS. lol.

*** Checking in ***

Ok. So when I started the challenge, I was going to use HCGWR. I did use it for a few weeks, but that hair. I just don't know.

The first week or so it was ok. I washed and conditioned it and it felt like a dream, but it would always rise up at the back of my head. I figured if it was going to do that, I could have just purchased cheap BSS hair.

My mom finally told me (she used to be a beautician) to not put anything in it, not even a leave in (even though the instructions said to put a little leave in on the hair). So, I did that and had no problems for about a week. The next week, I washed the hair and used a MOISTURIZING DC from Mane n Tail.

WRONG MOVE!!!
That hair would not act right after that. Even after trying to do a DC with a true moisturizing DC. The Mane n Tail actually was a protein DC (my mistake).

So, about 3 weeks ago I purchased some of the Goddess Remi hair. That hair has been A DREAM. No tangles....and I mean NONE. I've washed and conditioned it. No problems. I'm getting ready to install it now.

I did not know, however, that the Goddess Remi Yaki comes in different textures. I purchased the Natural Yaki texture. Apparently the other texture is a little too silky. The girl at the BSS actually was the one who pointed it out to me.

So, I'm braiding my hair and I'm going to try and make that weave/wig that the other lovely lady just mentioned she did (in this thread). I purchased one of those adjustable weaving caps,so we shall see.

*** Sorry for the long post ***

DSC01793.jpg

Alright washnset! This style is on fire! Who is the stylist of this weave and where are they located. I am needing you ladies to pass this kind of information on to me. I am in need of some help here!

See I am really surprised they say this because I have used the same batch of REMI Goddess for my last two installs and I kid you not it is in PRISTINE condition and I could easily use it again for another install. I went to have it re-tightend last week as I had an impt occasion to attend and the hairdresser who re-tightened and flat Ironed/ styled it was taken aback by how great condition it was in considering it was 4 months old and I had used it twice.

Like most people she wanted to add oil sheen to flat Iron it so I had to stop her and prised out my John Freida water based heat protectant from my handbag (which smells lush btw :lick:). She was amazed by how little product the hair needed and by the condition the John Freida left the hair in. I think Stylists sometimes think the more product the better when in actual fact it is the reverse. People just want to do something to their hair when they should just leave it the heck alone.

I think the thing with this hair is that women do not know how to use it. It is silky based Chinese hair so it stands to reason that you have to take that into consideration when looking after it. I found this out through trial and error. This hair :love: Joico, Redken, Matrix Biolage and Mizani Products. It does NOT like any oil based or heavy petroleum products. I also think that just like the BoBraz hair there are A LOT of fakes floating around, hence why I use the SAME supplier each time. If you ladies want I can give you a blow by blow guide as to how I look after this hair and keep it "swanging" day by day. It really has been the epitome in LOW maintainance hair for me.

If your weave is acting up I would say do a massive clarifying treatment and then DC with salon products i.e. Joico, Redken, etc. It will be like a new head of hair. I have been >< before....

Just freaking beautiful is all I wanted to say. I think I may steal this idea in the future....

Tell me about it :love:

Bumping on stelling that idea! It is hot! I glad to know that for someone this hair is good. And your right, it may come down to how it was cared for. The fact remains that those stores don't carry it anymore, so I will have to purchase it online. I still like the style and am still interested it trying it for myself. I just wanted to pass on what was told to me and get feed back as to whether any of you ladies experienced those types of problems. Might help me with deciding or if I really want to chance it or not. I usually chance stuff anyways. I just not as dissappointed if I know a head of time that there was some problems with this type of hair! Thank you for your feed back about it.

And who ever it was that said something about haircare tips, please pass them on. I think it had something to do with how to care for a particular type of hair.

Now my update.... I can not stand the weave that is in my hair now! I used this milkyway remi touch hair and it was good for about 2 washes and now acts just like regular old run of the mill bss cheap quality hair. Know, I figured that it would not be exactly like remi, but I did think that it would hold up for two months.

In the bss I purchased some velvet with is top of the line and some zury (which I heard was some pretty good hair as well). I am going to take this out today and see if I can find some one to put the zury in. I going to save the velvet for some other time. This is the reason I need someone who is really reasonable to do my sew in's. I just do not leave them in that long or get dissappointed especially when you ladies put these beautiful pics up. I like whooa! And, I refuse to not look like I think I should.:whyme:

I have diluted acv and jason tea tree conditioner between my tracks as I type. I will wash in a few minutes.. blow dry and flat iron. I am still hanging in here with my first install of the challenge. Tomorrow makes week 6.

This pic was taken last weekend..(week 5) the day before my weekly wash:

nylowk5.jpg

The challenge is already underway and is closed for now. But it may open in June for ladies to participate in the second half of 2010. You're more than welcome to ask questions and get feedback though. :yep:

No problem. I usually do challenges "unofficially" anyway.

Good luck ladies!!

Washnset - I love that style!!

Ladies,
My new stylist asked me to take an extra 3 weeks of TLC after the destruction that just happend. She stated my hair is weak and I need to get protein back in asap. So my next install will be in March instead of Feb.:sad:. I'll post a pic of what my new real hair looks like before I get this install....

Last edited:
Ladies,
My new stylist asked me to take an extra 3 weeks of TLC after the destruction that just happend. She stated my hair is weak and I need to get protein back in asap. So my next install will be in March instead of Feb.:sad:. I'll post a pic of what my new real hair looks like before I get this install....

Your stylist sounds on point. How are you going to wear your hair until your next install?

Im still hanging in there, although im getting tired of these bangs! This hair sheds when combed or brushed, im so tired of sweeping hair off the bathroom floor:perplexed. I plan on washing Monday, the weave feels coated. I need to find some kind of heat protectant thats light enough not to cause this. any suggestions?

Aww why? I think the bangs are cute! I want bangs for my next install. & I know how u feel about shedding! By the time I can get my hair done over I'll have bald tracks lol

I dont have any suggestions on heat protectant. I use smooth n shine straighten polisher but that's a bit heavy so it might not b what ur lookin for

Back