Weave It Up Challenge 2010

I've been soo lazy with my hair, nearly been in my install for 8wks. I have been cowashing and DC'ing every 3-4 days. And thats pretty much it. Im trying to keep this install for 12wks but IDK if I can make it. I have a lot of growth right now and Im inching to do a length check. But I know what is going to happen, I am going to take down my install, do the length check, then realize "now I have to deal with my own hair or put another install in" (both of which Im too tired to deal with) So I will regret taking it down early. So this is my motivation to keep it til I hit 12wks, plus my hair will have been hidden for a whole month more so thats means more growth.

Hi Ladies, I Can't decide what hair to use for my next sew in for February. I am thinking to use my Remi Goddess again (as its still in quite good condition). I was thinking to just buy 1x new pack of Remi Goddess and use the fresher/ newer hair at the front and use the older hair at the back esp as it has already been cut. I am also thinking to do a full head weave next time with no closure in order to give my leave out area a well earned rest from the weekly flat-ironing/ straightening I have been subjecting it to for the last 3 months. My current hairdresser has told me that she prefers not to use closures as she feels they are less realistic. Here is an exampleS of her work;

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=1

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=2

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=3

Also I am thinking that kinky curly hair right now might not be the most practical in winter especially if I keep needing to wet it etc !!!

Also ladies what do you think of this Kinky Curly hair? Its a 3C texture apparently....

Last edited:
Hi Ladies, I Can't decide what hair to use for my next sew in for February. I am thinking to use my Remi Goddess again (as its still in quite good condition). I was thinking to just buy 1x new pack of Remi Goddess and use the fresher/ newer hair at the front and use the older hair at the back esp as it has already been cut. I am also thinking to do a full head weave next time with no closure in order to give my leave out area a well earned rest from the weekly flat-ironing/ straightening I have been subjecting it to for the last 3 months. My current hairdresser has told me that she prefers not to use closures as she feels they are less realistic. Here is an exampleS of her work;

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=1

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=2

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=3

Also I am thinking that kinky curly hair right now might not be the most practical in winter especially if I keep needing to wet it etc !!!

Also ladies what do you think of this Kinky Curly hair? Its a 3C texture apparently....

Where is she located and is she reasonable? I think that the photo's are really nice to say that she does not use a closure!

@ stellagirl, i have in a kinky curly right now, and it's freezing where i'm at. you don't HAVE to wet it every day.
that hair looks pretty nice! will it blend well with your hair?

Ladies....It's been a weave disaster :cry: I just took down my 2 month weave at the hair dresser. My edges are thin,some breakage in the top and my hair is LIFELESS. Soooooooooo i had to get 3 inches cut off around the back and sides.:mad: The hair style looks so 1989 now. I may be bold enough to post a starting over pic.

Ladies....It's been a weave disaster :cry: I just took down my 2 month weave at the hair dresser. My edges are thin,some breakage in the top and my hair is LIFELESS. Soooooooooo i had to get 3 inches cut off around the back and sides.:mad: The hair style looks so 1989 now. I may be bold enough to post a starting over pic.

I am so sorry that has happen to you. Now I am scared. What do you think is the cause of your disaster? Did your stylist weigh in on the situation?

Let me know. I have been wearing back to back weaves, which is something I have been doing for the past 5 months. I decide to do it because I was deployed in a dessert place and I was having to wash and flat iron my hair every couple of days. :whyme: I was just coming back from a lost of at least 6 inches of hair. I had to ccut it because it was just thing and horrible. But ws growing back really well, even with regular relaxers. I just wanted it to get thicker. So, I am doing this as a 12 month challenge but do have my fears of the outcome. :blush:

Hmmmm...good question. Maybe Halley's Curls Miami Relaxed Hybrid...that's the only thing I could think of.

oh noooo! im so sorry to hear this :sad: did she cornrow your hair too tight? what happened? cheer up hun :bighug:

I am so sorry that has happen to you. Now I am scared. What do you think is the cause of your disaster? Did your stylist weigh in on the situation?

Let me know. I have been wearing back to back weaves, which is something I have been doing for the past 5 months. I decide to do it because I was deployed in a dessert place and I was having to wash and flat iron my hair every couple of days. :whyme: I was just coming back from a lost of at least 6 inches of hair. I had to ccut it because it was just thing and horrible. But ws growing back really well, even with regular relaxers. I just wanted it to get thicker. So, I am doing this as a 12 month challenge but do have my fears of the outcome. :blush:

Well...my old stylist in Pa put the weave in. I did'nt care for the way the edges were looking. She cornrowed edges going back with hair in the style of a ponytail...it's kinda of weird looking to me. Imagine a edges brushed back for a ponytail.Then leave the hair laying down. Next start a braid leaving the smooth hair where it is...:ohwell: So the edges got snagged and broken. I guess.
The top part :nono: Is my coarsest part and the braids got weak and brittle. They just broke off in pieces during removal...Well i'll give my hair 1 month rest then a quick weave.
My new ATL stylist was COMPLETELY HONEST. She told me I needed a cut and many protein treatments to get my hair in better shape.

Hi Ladies,
Just checking in..I'm a little over a month with this install and ehh, I'm not crazy about it. I think because it's thinner. For some reason I didn't have to use a whole bag..So the next install I'm looking for a different brand. I'm coming into 11 months of my transition and I need a brand that will resemble my texture more. So I'm considering that Remy Kinky Curly from allaboutmyhair.com. I have a question though, Is there a store brand that will give me that same texture? I love online shopping, but it's nice to go into the store as well. Any suggestions??

Hi Ladies,
Just checking in..I'm a little over a month with this install and ehh, I'm not crazy about it. I think because it's thinner. For some reason I didn't have to use a whole bag..So the next install I'm looking for a different brand. I'm coming into 11 months of my transition and I need a brand that will resemble my texture more. So I'm considering that Remy Kinky Curly from allaboutmyhair.com. I have a question though, Is there a store brand that will give me that same texture? I love online shopping, but it's nice to go into the store as well. Any suggestions??
I have the Janet Collection Kinky Curly. Model Model also makes one.
I'm gonna be honest though, this stuff gets tangly and crazy looking if i don't care for it. i'd go with the quality stuff to save yourself the hassle

Hi all! I'm not in the challenge but I wanted to ask the weave experts for advice. I'm currently taking up Bikram yoga (HOT) so I'm sweating every day. I've exercised (run) with a weave before and kept it up but this is a whole nother level - am I asking for a disaster to put one in? I just get so self aware when I pull the wig off in the locker room before class (yes I did -tied up my braid in scarf and teacher even did a double take when he walked into studio:lachen:). Thank you!!

The short full head weave looks really good in the link you provided. I'm also going with a full-head weave without a closure next time.

I like the KC hair. It looks very similar to AAMH KC. I wet my kinky curly weave almost every day to revive the curls but I wrap it in a turban towel for about 5 minutes so by the time I walk out the door it's not wet anymore. By the time I get to work it's completely dry.

Hi Ladies,

Good question. I had a curly weave by Milky Way called Water Weave that was decent but AAMH KC beats it. The MW looked terrible by Week 5 but my AAMH KC looks new at Week 4. The MW curls shed and tangle. AAMH KC sheds a bid but does not tangle. I plan on re-installing after 12 weeks. I have pics of both installs in my Fotki to give you an idea.

[/COLOR]

Oh no! I hate to read this. What products did you use to maintain your edges while in the install?

Here is a wig I made with EPRT and a closure. I braided my hair and left my edges and back out. I than sewn it down. It took like 15 minutes to sew on. :grin: I will probably wear it 1-2 weeks take it out wash and dc. Than re install

I will keep the braids for about 4 weeks. Wash DC and protein. Than put it back up.

You can click pic to make it bigger

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used the Goddess Remi Deep Weaving hair (pic below):

There is also another picture example at the link below.........

http://www.pakcosmetics.com/upload/SENREMIDEEPWAVEWVGs.jpg

I am maybe thinking of using it for my next install... The Yaki hair seems to have performed well so thought this might be a good choice.

All feedback greatly appreciated ladies !

OMG! That's so cute! I think I want to try that with my next install. I'm tired of using a flat-iron to help my leave out hair blend in. Yeah, I use a heat-protectant and wrap it, but I'm just getting frustrated.

My next install will probably be in March. I'm so close to fulfilling my goal of weaving for an entire year.

Here is a wig I made with EPRT and a closure. I braided my hair and left my edges and back out. I than sewn it down. It took like 15 minutes to sew on. :grin: I will probably wear it 1-2 weeks take it out wash and dc. Than re install

I will keep the braids for about 4 weeks. Wash DC and protein. Than put it back up.

Wow! That is a really good job. Did you make it on a stocking cap with glue? It fit's your face really well.:up::up:

This has convinced me that I will buy this hair one of these days! It looks great. Only problem is that when ever I have the $$ they never have the color or length I need.

Your wig looks great!

That looks nice. I was really thinking about doing this myself.
They apparently sell weaves in the package now like this. I would rather do it with the hair I purchased.

Did you use the stocking cap, or a weaving cap to make the weave?

Last edited:
I know I am quotint myself but I think I am becoming more sold on this hair. I found another pic of it...... ummmmmmmmmmm............................

3119.jpg

Has anyone ever used the Goddess Remi Deep Weaving hair (pic below):

There is also another picture example at the link below.........

http://www.pakcosmetics.com/upload/SENREMIDEEPWAVEWVGs.jpg

I am maybe thinking of using it for my next install... The Yaki hair seems to have performed well so thought this might be a good choice.

All feedback greatly appreciated ladies !

Back