Weave It Up Challenge 2010

are you serious?? damn, and they look so nice and flat.
i've been hurting my arms with my last two installs tryna get all fancy with zig-zags, circles, you name it.:drunk:
i guess i'm just gonna try it that way.

update on me: this weekend will be three weeks in this weave. i've only washed my hair underneath once, so i think i'm gonna take it down, wash/DC/protein, and re-install this weekend. i'm not going out, so i'll have time. this next one is staying in for a minimum of two weeks-i've finally figured out the BEST way to do them securely.

yeah i dont like it any other way. I've had someone braid it zig zag and I hated it!! Took it down in two weeks.

So you do ur installs urself? I mite take this down next weekend and redo it. I want the front done different.

Its been 7wks in my install and im dying to take it down, just cause I have about an inch of growth already. But I'm going to keep it up at least until the end of Feb. Maybe even mid March, IDK if im strong enough for that lol But we'll see. Its still holding up well though, so its definitely a possiblility.

Okay! I have finally made it back to the US! I could have kissed the ground! Anyways, here I am trying to submit a picture on my install. I took down my last install on the 6th of Jan and had the new one done on the 7th of Jan. I wanted my hair to be fresh for heading back to the US. I still did not leave overseas until the 19th of Jan.

Okay I need help trying to upload a pic! Anybody please advise!

yeah i dont like it any other way. I've had someone braid it zig zag and I hated it!! Took it down in two weeks.

So you do ur installs urself? I mite take this down next weekend and redo it. I want the front done different.
yep! i realized that i like to switch up my style so often, it doesn't make sense to pay the girl downstairs in the dorm $40 every two weeks to do a mediocre job.:rolleyes:

good luck! you should check this video out-a LOT of people don't even realize that they're not sewing on the track properly-even that girl that I pay doesn't do it this way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw2S2RWdBO0

Okay! I have finally made it back to the US! I could have kissed the ground! Anyways, here I am trying to submit a picture on my install. I took down my last install on the 6th of Jan and had the new one done on the 7th of Jan. I wanted my hair to be fresh for heading back to the US. I still did not leave overseas until the 19th of Jan.

Okay I need help trying to upload a pic! Anybody please advise!
i just put my stuff on photobucket.com, and then use the "Insert Image" button. easiest way, in my opinion.

yep! i realized that i like to switch up my style so often, it doesn't make sense to pay the girl downstairs in the dorm $40 every two weeks to do a mediocre job.:rolleyes:

good luck! you should check this video out-a LOT of people don't even realize that they're not sewing on the track properly-even that girl that I pay doesn't do it this way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw2S2RWdBO0

No, that doesnt make sense at all lol

& thank u so much for that video! Bookmarking! :)

Doing good with my install....I have been washing every 2 weeks- because I am lazy...I air dry overnight, then flat iron the next day....I should be able to wear this the entire 3 months if I get it tightened periodically...

updating.... i couldnt hold off till february :ohwell: i had to redo my cornrows so i dc'd under my dryer for forty minutes. i installed Hair Topic Premium Body. i'm 16 wks post w/ the exception of my leave out (permed it two months ago to blend w/ my str8t weave), so i cant leave my installs in too long. will keep this in till late march, early april.

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 41
unfortunately ladies. im going to have to forfeit. I might try again for the second section if I find someone to do a GREAT weave without a net. But I have the itchies and it's so bad that I can hardly function.

Sorry to see you go. :hug2: Peek in from time to time to let us know if you decide to give weaves another shot.

I swear I need to learn how to cornrow. I wish I had someone to practice on. Maybe I could start with my leave out hair. hmmm...

If u practice u'll get it. I practiced on my little cousin's hair. lol
I can cornrow my own hair (not perfect) but I've never attempted to do my own sew-in.

ok...

so i posted about the horrible weave that i got on january 14... on january 16 i got it re-installed by someone else who did a MUCH better job and charged MUCH less than the person who did it the first time... i'm too embarassed to post pictures of the first install... somebody might submit those pictures to hotghettomess.com :blush: so i'm not going to post those pictures on the web... but here's the latest install.

i used some really cheap BSS hair... and she put enough oil sheen in my head to fry a whole chicken :lachen::lachen:

Attachments

• 100_3126.jpg
    100_3126.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 42
Hey ladies....I'm checking in

I just DC w/ AO WC for 30 mins
Washed w/ Shesentit jojoba hemp poo(smells so good!)
Skipped the con step and went straight for the leave-in
Which I used Shesentit green grape leave-in
Oh before applying the leave-in I use her scalp spritz

Question.... do you think skipping the 2nd con step could be detrimental?
Why I skipped it? I was tried of standing under the shower... Lazy? I know :(

Do you ladies think I should suck it up or will I be okay with out that step?

Last edited:
install-07-jan-10.html

Hey ladies....I'm checking in

I just DC w/ AO WC for 30 mins
Washed w/ Shesentit jojoba hemp poo(smells so good!)
Skipped the con step and went straight for the leave-in
Which I used Shesentit green grape leave-in
Oh before applying the leave-in I use her scalp spritz

Question.... do you think skipping the 2nd con step could be detrimental?
Why I skipped it? I was tried of standing under the shower... Lazy? I know :(

Do you ladies think I should suck it up or will I be okay with out that step?

If I dont con after I poo my hair gets so dry! Maybe u shouldnt skip the second one...or dc after u poo.

Checking in.

I'm planning on taking out this install this weekend, getting an aphogee 2-step and re-installn my bohbraz until I can order different hair (more bohbraz/model model indi afro curl).

This Sensationnel Goddess hair sheds so much & its thinning out. I dont like thin hair!

I'll post pictures after I get it done.

Checking in-

Today marks week 5 for this full sew in.

I washed Saturday, and my weave looks as good as new.

5 to 7 weeks to go with this install. I am hoping I will make the full 12.

ciao

Guess I should check in...

I'm still weaved up from my self-install. Still think about taking it out every day. I kept it bunned and tied up over the weekend so I wouldn't take it out. I made it! lol. Saturday will be week 3 for me. That's a great feat...I didn't think I could make it. I'll try to go on to week 4. Problem is, I really, really, REALLY want to try a new style now.

This is my 5th week. I'm going to have new hair re-installed on Fri (my birthday)

My cornrows in the front are showing tranks and I have to wear a headband to cover it up. It still looks fine but I want to keep my hair fresh looking and won't wait for it to get torn up looking.

I'll take pics when I take this down to show as progress at the end of the challenge.

Checking in for this week - DC'd last night again and my weave is swanging. This hair always looks best when freshly washed. I pre-pooed my scalp with Neem Oil and my hair with Joico K-PAK, then rinsed with my Tea rise for 5 mins. Then washed with CON green label and DC'd with Joico Moisture Recovery with heat for 30 mins before risning and applying some NTM to my own hair and a small amount to the weave hair and then sitting under my hood dryer for about 15 - 20 minutes. I styled with my flat Iron this morning. My hair still feels very moisturised today.:grin:

I plan to take this install out by the end of the week which seems such a shame as she seems in good shape, but alas I promised myself 6/7 weeks max and 6 weeks it will be...

Hope you are all keeping well ladies.

checking in... ok, since my install on 07 Jan 10. I have washed weekly. I used diluted shampoo and dc with a mix of protein and moisture deep conditioners and left it on with a plastic cap for about and hour and 1/2. I actually feel asleep. My hair that was left out and the weave was so soft. I rinsed and all hair looked and felt really good. I am going to apply ors anti-itch oil tomorrow. The lowest braids and tracks are loose, so I don't know if I will be able to keep this weave in to much longer. I am looking for someone to tighten it up. I wanted to make it to 7 March to be reinstalled. I think it will happen before then. Oh well, will just have to see.

Just got my Halleys Curls installed with a closure almost 2 weeks ago. Doing a daily moisturize and weekly dc. Hope to make lots of progress!

My cornrows in the front are showing tranks and I have to wear a headband to cover it up. It still looks fine but I want to keep my hair fresh looking and won't wait for it to get torn up looking.

my cornrows in front are doing that too. i think its because the track got weighed down my my moisturizing spritz, so i'm washing tomorrow to bulk it back up.

If that doesn't work, i might just sew a track in to cover the ones that are showing. I'm just not ready to do another weave :rolleyes:

my cornrows in front are doing that too. i think its because the track got weighed down my my moisturizing spritz, so i'm washing tomorrow to bulk it back up.

If that doesn't work, i might just sew a track in to cover the ones that are showing. I'm just not ready to do another weave :rolleyes:

I originally thought about doing something similar [like] just redo the two in the front that are causing me problems but the way she sewd the hair didn't make that possible. I really wanted to get two more weeks out of this install.

I still love my HCMRH install AND I especially love that all I have to do is a braid out for my leave... it blends really well! I might try a twist out... just for comparison. I think I'll just keep reusing this hair throughout the entire challenge!

Back