Weave It Up Challenge 2010

*** Checking in ***

Ok. So when I started the challenge, I was going to use HCGWR. I did use it for a few weeks, but that hair. I just don't know.

The first week or so it was ok. I washed and conditioned it and it felt like a dream, but it would always rise up at the back of my head. I figured if it was going to do that, I could have just purchased cheap BSS hair.

My mom finally told me (she used to be a beautician) to not put anything in it, not even a leave in (even though the instructions said to put a little leave in on the hair). So, I did that and had no problems for about a week. The next week, I washed the hair and used a MOISTURIZING DC from Mane n Tail.

WRONG MOVE!!!
That hair would not act right after that. Even after trying to do a DC with a true moisturizing DC. The Mane n Tail actually was a protein DC (my mistake).

So, about 3 weeks ago I purchased some of the Goddess Remi hair. That hair has been A DREAM. No tangles....and I mean NONE. I've washed and conditioned it. No problems. I'm getting ready to install it now.

I did not know, however, that the Goddess Remi Yaki comes in different textures. I purchased the Natural Yaki texture. Apparently the other texture is a little too silky. The girl at the BSS actually was the one who pointed it out to me.

So, I'm braiding my hair and I'm going to try and make that weave/wig that the other lovely lady just mentioned she did (in this thread). I purchased one of those adjustable weaving caps,so we shall see.

*** Sorry for the long post ***

I had that experience too... that hair is crap! I'm convinced!

Alright Ladies, I removed my install this past weekend. I only had it in 3 weeks so I didn't even bother with a length check. I'll wait until March for that. I'm debating on re-installing this weekend, or waiting until the following weekend since I have a couple Super Bowl parties to attend this weekend. I know it may seem strange but I don't really see myself as being "dressed" when I have an install. It's quite the opposite. Install for everyday, natural hair for special occasions.

In any event, I will post pics once I re-install. I plan on keeping the next one in 4 - 6 weeks.

Your stylist sounds on point. How are you going to wear your hair until your next install?

My stylist curled it last weekend but it's so short and ugly to me now...:perplexed

I deep conditioned last night and saw the reality of the 3-4 inches that were chopped:ohwell:.

Well right now it's in a phony pony...but my real hair is so short im scared it may come off in a hard wind....:nono: im not joking either.

I have KCCC but each time I use it my hair looks like a Jheri curl...I guess it's my curl pattern. I have fine hair with alot of strands that are small coils. Or maybe I have to learn to apply it different.

I want to try another 1/2 wig and pin it down. This maybe my best option until march.

Im torn....:sad:

I have another question (for all of you)

In your braided pattern, do you include synthetic hair? If so why? If not why?

For the last 6 months, I haven't included synthetic hair in my braid pattern it make it look very bulky. My hair doesen't seemed harmed about it, but If I should be doing it, I wanna know. :ohwell:

I have another question (for all of you)

In your braided pattern, do you include synthetic hair? If so why? If not why?

For the last 6 months, I haven't included synthetic hair in my braid pattern it make it look very bulky. My hair doesen't seemed harmed about it, but If I should be doing it, I wanna know. :ohwell:

I just a little synthetic braiding hair in my anchor braids. That's it.

GOOD DAY LADIES... UPDATE.. I TOOK OUT MY WEAVE I HAVE BEEN WEAVE FREE FOR ALMOST A WEEK.. TODAY I HOT OIL TREATED MY HAIR AND DID A LITTLE LITE MOISTURE, BRAIDED IN TWO BRAIDS (PART DOWN MIDDLE) AND NOW ITS TIME TO INSTALL MY SECOND WEAVE.. YAY!! SORRY IM PIC LESS BUT.. LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN PULL OUT FOR YALL..

BRB... (2 MINS LATER)

OK HERE ARE MY PICS.. NOT VERY DETAILED BUT JUST TO SHOW U SOMETHING..LOL.. :lachen:

MI.jpg

mail.jpg

M.jpg

Aww why? I think the bangs are cute! I want bangs for my next install. & I know how u feel about shedding! By the time I can get my hair done over I'll have bald tracks lol

I dont have any suggestions on heat protectant. I use smooth n shine straighten polisher but that's a bit heavy so it might not b what ur lookin for

It's just everytime I turn around I see someone with the same exact hair style! I mean it never fails. Plus after my 2nd wash its acting a plum fool. I purchased a FHI platform flat iron and some Keracare gloss spray and it still tangled. Im seriously thinking of going back to my BoBraz. Much less hassle.

Okay im ready to take my install out :( im really bad with keeping weaves in for over a months time....its only been a month and im already missing my own hair(does that sound crazy)---

And plus i have straight hair so im getting up early to style it every morning because flexirods woud hurt to sleep in...and i havent tried rollers. I usually would get curly or wavy and order my hair but this is BSS hair and its nice but i dont feel like curling every morning either.

And on top of that I just worry about the front of my hair being out and just being installed for too long.

I'll probaby reinstall by the end of this month or sometime in March, but with some EP or Wagmans curly or wavy hair.

I don't know why I never posted pictures of my install, I posted them in some other thread. Anyway, my original install was done Dec. 14th, I didn't like it and it didn't "grow on me," so I got the same hair re-installed on Jan. 5th. Arjuni 2c 18-24", it's been cut several times. Here you go, DON'T LAUGH AT THE RANDOM PIMPLE IN THE CENTER OF MY FACE...please. :look:

Attachments

• Arju1.jpg
    Arju1.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Arju3.jpg
    Arju3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Arju5.jpg
    Arju5.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 65
It's just everytime I turn around I see someone with the same exact hair style! I mean it never fails. Plus after my 2nd wash its acting a plum fool. I purchased a FHI platform flat iron and some Keracare gloss spray and it still tangled. Im seriously thinking of going back to my BoBraz. Much less hassle.

Yeah a lot of girls have that hairstyle but I still want to try it lol. I gave up on the hair I have in. It's about 3 times thinner than when I installed it which was only a month ago.

& I feel you on the bohbraz! I wish I had just reused the hair like i was going to :wallbash:

I am so late in updating my info on this thread - sorry! :drunk:
I got this install on 12/29/09 and it is still going strong. I have been alternating between wearing it curly and straight. I love it curly but it's less maintenance straight. The hair is Wagman's naturally curly and this is my second install with it. Anywhoo - here are some pics:

I was trying to show the volume here but it came out so dark.

Volumecrop.jpg

Excuse my edges in this one! I don't wear it out like this. I just threw a headband on at home and thought it was cute (if I had blended). Shows the texture

Texture3.jpg

Another texture shot

Texture.jpg

A little damp here

LittleDamp.jpg

Straightened - My ends look scraggly here but I didn't want to get it cut into a style b/c the curls would have been jacked.

Straight.jpg

I am so late in updating my info on this thread - sorry! :drunk:
I got this install on 12/29/09 and it is still going strong. I have been alternating between wearing it curly and straight. I love it curly but it's less maintenance straight. The hair is Wagman's naturally curly and this is my second install with it. Anywhoo - here are some pics:

I was trying to show the volume here but it came out so dark.

Volumecrop.jpg

Excuse my edges in this one! I don't wear it out like this. I just threw a headband on at home and thought it was cute (if I had blended). Shows the texture

Texture3.jpg

Another texture shot

Texture.jpg

A little damp here

LittleDamp.jpg

Straightened - My ends look scraggly here but I didn't want to get it cut into a style b/c the curls would have been jacked.

Straight.jpg
Drooling:lick:
This is my summer hair!!! I have been eyeing that Natural Curly far too long. How many oz did you use???

Yeah a lot of girls have that hairstyle but I still want to try it lol. I gave up on the hair I have in. It's about 3 times thinner than when I installed it which was only a month ago.

& I feel you on the bohbraz! I wish I had just reused the hair like i was going to :wallbash:

Yea, I went on a cleaning spree and threw my Bo Braz away. Luckily, I can get away with one bag, and the BSS down the street has it. I'm going to try to work with this hair for a few more weeks, but I'm not sure if its going to make it. It's only week 3!

Update time.... Ok ladies, I could not take the weave i had in anymore. It was just so much work for a weave. I have since taken it down and had it redone. I did put a little relaxer in my edges and nape to some them some. I have used zury ultra french quattro. The curls or beautiful. The hair is really soft. So my question is have any of you ladies used this hair before and if so how to you care for it and maintain it? I will post a pic as soon as I can.

update: currently weaveless! this is the longest i've seen my hair out in about two months-usually i just do back-to-back, same day take-out/put in installs.
and i need it out for valentine's day....:grin:
but after that, i'm saving up for some BoBraz...if i get that job, that is. :perplexed

I will be washing tonight. I am having a get together tomorrow at my house and I do not feel like fussing with it tomorrow or Saturday morning before Church.

I cut off about 2 inches all around my hair to give me a new look. Coworkers took notice. So I am happy. 6 weeks down and 6.. (or 4) left to go.

I have been wearing my own hair for about 2 wks now, so I am planning to self install this sunday or monday. I don't know whether i should install curly or italian yaki. If i do the curly, I have to do a jet black rinse on my hair b/c i got the curly from a chinese vendor and it's a little darker than my own hair

Drooling:lick:
This is my summer hair!!! I have been eyeing that Natural Curly far too long. How many oz did you use???

Hey, If you get it you will love it! I do anyway - For this install I used almost a full 8 ozs. It's funny though b/c my stylist only used about 6-7 ozs on my first install so I'm not sure why there was a difference. It's very full with the 8 ozs though.

So I took out my first install last night, It lasted about 5 weeks which is pretty normal for me. I would have tried to last a couple more weeks but All star weekend is coming soon so I had to get that fresh do lol. I didnt take as good of care of my hair underneath as I should have. I felt like in some sections, the top close to my leave out hair, My hair felt really dry so Im going to work on moisturizing more often.

I didnt really check lenght but it felt like I got a little more than 1/2 an inch. Ill be getting my new install tomorrow morning and Im hoping to make it last about six weeks. Ill still be using my HCGWRH. But after seeing Chanteuse post Im going to have to get some Wags for Spring Break because that is too gorgeous!

I also realized as I took down my install how much I have learned from LHCF. Before take downs were horrible, I lost so much hair, I had all kinds of knots and tangles and My hair would be so dry and unmanageble. Now its no big deal. I detangle each session after I unbraid before adding condition and detangle again under running water. My hair feels moist and soft today :) Love this site!

I'm almost at week 7. I'm debating whether to split the wefts of my AAMH when I get it re-installed. I read it sheds badly though but I'm going to seal the heck out of it and only split 6 oz instead of all of it. I may have to keep this install in until Week 15. This is REALLY pushing but I may have to given my schedule.

I got my first install for the year today. I think I will be doing this at least for the next 6 months to grow out my TWA.

I don't know why I never posted pictures of my install, I posted them in some other thread. Anyway, my original install was done Dec. 14th, I didn't like it and it didn't "grow on me," so I got the same hair re-installed on Jan. 5th. Arjuni 2c 18-24", it's been cut several times. Here you go, DON'T LAUGH AT THE RANDOM PIMPLE IN THE CENTER OF MY FACE...please. :look:

Hey neighbor:wave:...can u pleeeease tell me where you got this hair. After seeing ur pic:lick:I now have to have to have it. thnx HKKelly

Hey neighbor:wave:...can u pleeeease tell me where you got this hair. After seeing ur pic:lick:I now have to have to have it. thnx HKKelly

:hiya2:I love seeing ladies on here from Atlanta (so cool)! The store officially opens on Monday 2/15. the website is www.arjuni.com I would keep a close eye though. The owner and hair have already been featured in Essence so it's expected that she'll get slammed with orders on Monday. I'll try to remember to post when the site officially opens. The hair really is a great match and it's virgin hair, so you can re-use it if you take proper care of it.

Back