Weave It Up Challenge 2010

I am in. I was going to do this on my own but I love the group idea. I am not sure of my regimen just yet. I am looking for someone in queens, NY who can do a good weave and encourages healthy hair care, any suggestions? I will use products off of her suggestion. I would also like to purchase a length check tee.

relaxed 4ab hair
Pantene Women of Color
Alter Ego
Aphogee
chi silk infusion
perfect for perm hair oil
mane and tail

Sorry The picture is SO big. Anybody Have Recommendations For Shampoo and Basic Conditioner. I will Probably be Using Strinillah and Fortigying Hair Masque for Deep COnditions.

I would like to join. I will post my answers shortly.

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? I’m going to do 12 months. I get my curly weave on the 2nd. This should be interesting!

Regimen:
I plan to get a weave about every 8 weeks and give myself a week or two in between installs
Co-wash with diluted conditioner twice a week
Shampoo and DC once a week
Thinking about getting some megatek
Massage and oil scalp daily

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave: I’m not sure what I will be using for my weave, but I will figure it out. Since I’m going with the curly weave I will be using moisturizer. I plan on using Keracare DC for my hair. V05 for my cowash, lavender oil and rosemary oil diluted with vitamin E for a scalp massage oil.

End of challenge goal: To transition my hair to natural healthy hair, with no breakage or stress spots.

Post a starting length picture: Pending…I need to figure out how to post a pic.

Regimen:

Im In

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:
Infusium 23 Carson Weave shampoo/Conditoner
Megatek...

End of challenge goal: december 2010 MBL

Post a starting length picture: Will be back with pictures.....IM BACK
Weave Installed
2gw9obp.jpg

2en2l9u.jpg

My hair starting length Dec 2009
5wi5y1.jpg

2whfpra.jpg

Last edited:

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?
6 months

Regimen: If wearing my hair wavy, I mist it with water+coconut oil daily. If wearing my straight, I apply a very small amount of coconut oil 2 x per week to weaved hair. 2-3 x per week, I put MegaTek+coconut oil on my natural hair. I wash the weave every 2-4 weeks.

My hair: MegaTek, coconut oil, Profectiv Anti Itch Serum
Weave: water, coconut oil, Aussie Leave-In Mousse or Chi Serum

End of challenge goal: Full APL in the back, Nape Length in the front, healthy ends throughout

Post a starting length picture: Tomorrow, I forgot my cord for my camera :-(

Attachments

• 122909.jpg
    122909.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 122909 015.jpg
    122909 015.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Count me in!

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? 6 months

Regimen: sew-in w/ horse shoe and edges left out, kept in 8-10 weeks, maybe up to 12 weeks, depending on quality of hair installed

giovanni shampoo
i might make some Moe Gro Oil to oil my hair,
ill update on this

End of challenge goal: growing out some layers, thicker ends.

Post a starting length picture

I sewed in my hair on Saturday. I didn't know what the heck I was doing so I put in an SOS on facebook to the girl that does my hair usually. I'm wearing a headband til I hear from her. The hair is pretty though but it doesn't blend. It's like I have on a wig. My husband is not pleased.

Help! I need suggestions. I want to self install but i CANNOT cornrow at all:nono:. What should I do to hold the tracks on?

Regimen:
Install for 2 months at a time. Shampoo and deep condition every two weeks, moisturize/oil as needed. Maybe cowash. After take down, protein treatment & deep condition.

Shea butter, ors olive oil creme, infusium, aussie moist, ors replenishing packs, doo gro oil, softsheen curl moisturizer, ors oil sheen, aphogee

End of challenge goal:
full APL

Post a starting length picture:
SAM_0843.jpg

I sewed in my hair on Saturday. I didn't know what the heck I was doing so I put in an SOS on facebook to the girl that does my hair usually. I'm wearing a headband til I hear from her. The hair is pretty though but it doesn't blend. It's like I have on a wig. My husband is not pleased.

What type of hair did you use?

Today I cowashed the sew in with JASON tea tree conditioner. I decided to skip the shampoo for the entire time of the install and only cowash between the braids with the conditioner and then wash the hair with poo.

between my tracks I am using surge 14 moisture aide. I have chosen this as my growth aide substitution because I do not want the oiliness and smell that comes with my sulfur mix

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? 6 months

Regimen: If wearing my hair wavy, I mist it with water+coconut oil daily. If wearing my straight, I apply a very small amount of coconut oil 2 x per week to weaved hair. 2-3 x per week, I put MegaTek+coconut oil on my natural hair. I wash the weave every 2-4 weeks.

My hair: MegaTek, coconut oil, Profectiv Anti Itch Serum
Weave: water, coconut oil, Aussie Leave-In Mousse or Chi Serum

End of challenge goal: Full APL in the back, Nape Length in the front, healthy ends throughout

Post a starting length picture: Tomorrow, I forgot my cord for my camera :-(

Nice!!! im nat 4B also...is this a full sewin? partial? what kinda hair is it?did u use a closure? if yes, what kind? detais plssssssssss?

I think I will have to withdraw from this competition. I am just too scared for my hairline (and other places) and the possible damage from the braids! But I wish eveeryone luck!!

Sad to see you go but good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. :yep:

Post a starting length picture:[/B]

A pic from my jacked up hair cut yesterday!:sad:

picture.php

The stylist did you wrong. Your hair was beautiful. You're still left with a great starting length to rebound from though.

***********LADIES IF POSSIBLE PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATS HAIR BRAND,TEXTURE AND LENGTH THIS WILL HELP ALOT OF PEOPLE TO CHOOSE A TEXTURE OR EDUCATE THOSE WHO ARE NEW TO WEAVES***********

IA this will really help.

Sorry The picture is SO big. Anybody Have Recommendations For Shampoo and Basic Conditioner. I will Probably be Using Strinillah and Fortigying Hair Masque for Deep COnditions.

HV Strinillah Conditioner is a good choice. As for shampoo I've used the same brand for more than two years (Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo). But the other ladies have listed several others... CON comes to mind.

Weave Installed
2gw9obp.jpg

2en2l9u.jpg

Your weave is fire! I love the color. :lick:

Where exactly did you go wrong? On the braiding or the weaving. Did your girl get back to you yet?

This is my install. I LOVE the hair. It's so soft and has not tangled on me. I'll have to find another stylist when I re-install though. I'm not happy with how it's installed. I ordered AAMH KC in 22 inches. I would suggest 2 bundles: http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/)

2lmw0ux.jpg

Before Co-Washing.

t7cz2r.jpg

After Co-Washing

2r4j2uw.jpg

Nape hair pinned up.

I tried to upload more but the files are coming out huge. I added them to my Fotki though.

Last edited:
loulou-it's so pretty!!:grin:
i saw the other pics in your fotki-i'm soooo jealous....i wish i had the cash for that. :ohwell:

yea i loved this hair too ...however I didnt keep up with maintenance:(
That length looks real good loulou...what braid pattern did ur stylist use and how much was left out ?

Here is my starting pic, I have some bss hair in right now until I make my purchase next indian hair purchase, Im going back with halleys no more laniks for me, Im dying to try that Gentle wave relaxed hair they have any who this is just a chin length bob, Ive had it in for about 3 wks and Ill keep in another 2 wks until I take down to relax, after I relax my hair will be out for about 4 -6 wks and back in a sew in!

I just finished my install. I plan on taking good care of this hair so that it lasts me a good while! I got the hair and closure from Halley's Curls and I love it. It's the Salon Relaxed, and it feels so natural - like it could be mine :grin:.

comic-p.jpg

Umm I have to back out of this challenge, I am taking my sew in out tomorrow morning and finding a half wig. Because:

It itched too much and no matter how much I washed it, it still itched.
Then I purchased some itching/moisturizing relief spray and it only worked for a few minutes.
So in the end, I scratched (I mean really scratched with pens, bobby pins, whatever) and now I have scalp scabs :nono:

But I wish you all the best of luck .. I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines!

I got my weave installed yesterday. I am shoulder legnth and I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to get it from my camera phone.I hope to be apl by the end of this challenge. I know I have lofty goals but who knows.

Shampoo: Pantene anti dandruff
conditioner:AO Honeysucle Rose
ORS deep conditioner 3 x per month
ORS oil moisturizer and hawaian silky 14
mn and goo drow oil as growth aide

I am going to join :yep: I am going to get a sew-in in mid-January to help with a 16-week stretch and I'm going to get it re-installed in summer. I'll post pics later :yep:

This looks like fun. I wore weaves as my protective style in 2009 and received great progress so count me in if it's not too late.

12 months

Regimen:
Keeping it simple since it worked so well in my 2009 journey

Shampoo: Every 6-8 weeks with each reinstall
Co Wash & Deep condition weekly
Moisturize 3 times a week
Sealing with essential oil mixture
Light dusting as needed to avoid single strand knots and split ends.
Trimming Twice—March (this will be my first trim at a stylist since beginning my journey in Jan. 09) and December

Shampoo & Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner- my hair & Weave
Deep Conditioner: ORS Replenishing Conditioner- my hair only
Moisturizers: ORS Shea Butter or Olive Oil Moisturizers- my hair only
Oils: Almond, Coconut, Jojoba, and Peppermint Oil Mix—my hair only
Castor oil- edges only
Nutregena Triple Moisture Conditioner and Shampoo—weave (when wearing it curly)

End of challenge goal:
Longest layers BSL

Starting Pic:
Taken late Nov/ Early Dec-- was about 1/2 inch shy of APL at my longest layer.

Attachments

• Nov-Early Dec Updates 017.jpg
    Nov-Early Dec Updates 017.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
precious-olivia-

Your installl is so pretty and full of body! What type of hair did you use?

Back