Weave It Up Challenge 2010

To all the ladies in Atlanta....

Beauty Master in the Camp Creek plaza is having a 20% sale on Remi Goddess hair and other products.

The sale person didn't know when the sale would be over so get it in while you can.

Happy Shopping!

challenge :grin:

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months?
12 months

Regimen:
Prepoo, Shampoo and condition weekly. Clarify and protien treatment monthly. Moisturize daily. Continue with dieting, excersizing and taling Calcium 1000mg with vitamin D and magnesium, Omega3, Folic Acid 800mg, Vitamin E and a Hair Skin & Nails vitamin. Drink 32 oz water and eat plenty of fruit, vegetables and whole grains.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:Prepoo with coconut oil or Avacado butter. Shampoo and condition with Mizani products. Infusium 23 leave in and African Royal oil spray. I will braid all my hair up doing a net weave using Indian Remy Hair in the Kinky curly.

End of challenge goal:
BSL

Post a starting length picture:
I cut about 2-3 inches off
_
380501203.jpg

Last edited:
I am so joining.. I plan to do the whole 12 mths count me in. I got a sew in currently. But plan to be so fresh and fly in a week. will update with pic.

I just got my hair and my apt. is 15 Jan. I am soooooo excited!!!

Question for you ladies. I will be 4.5 mos post relaxer when I get my install, should I blow dry and flat iron before getting it done? And if you say yes my concern would be when I do my first wash or co wash wouldnt the braids (my hair) shrink up and then be really loose?

This is my first install so I will be asking alot of questions!

Question for you ladies. I will be 4.5 mos post relaxer when I get my install, should I blow dry and flat iron before getting it done? And if you say yes my concern would be when I do my first wash or co wash wouldnt the braids (my hair) shrink up and then be really loose?

I think a blow out would be all you need. I don't see the benefit of flat ironing just to braid it for a weave. I also would not worry about the hair shrinking up after the first co wash but that's based on my experience. I got a weave 9 months into my transition and my tracks didn't become loose until week 3/4 (I washed weekly). When relaxed, I've worn a weave for 8 months (redoing) every 2 months and it did not become loose. I also blew dry before each installation.

You should only have to blow dry your hair. Congrats on your first install!

Challenge Update:

Thank you ladies for joining the challenge! We have a great mix of weave newbies and vets. Also thank you for posting starting pics, eveyone's hair look great to begin with so I'm excited to see the end results.

This came just in time. I already have an appt scheduled on the 15th so you can count me in.

I plan to do a six month challenge

My Regimen I'm not quite sure about just yet. I only had weave one other time and that was some years ago. I know I will still continue to get my hair done every two weeks.

Products for weave: unsure besides going to get my hair done
Products for naked hair: prepoo with cocasta oil, coconut oil shampoo and conditioner, hairveda deep conditioner, cantu shea butter leave in conditioner, JBCO

hair goal: APL?

starting length: SL (pic is below)

10dve53.jpg

wait for my extension -plus hair will be getting hair done next week :yep::yep::yep:
12 months

Regimen:
Wash once a month- W/ Diluted Shampoo and DC W/ Alter Ego Impac ego
ovation creme rinse Moisturize daily

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:
My weave moistuirizer is a mix of aloe vera juice, msm powder, gylcerin, infusium 23, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and African Royal Hot Six Oil oct/mn/mt /jbco

End of challenge goal:
the floor:lachen::lachen:

Post a starting length picture: See Attached

IMG00029-20091217-2355.jpg

side2.jpg

[AT TACH]53154[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• kells 004.jpg
    kells 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16
Hi ladies! Count me in..This will be my very first Challenge whoohoo! I've been transitioning since March 08, so this will be a great support system for me.:grin:

12 Months..all the way!

Regimen:
I'm not quite sure yet..will update
ETA:
Wash hair every other week with diluted shampoo and conditioner
Alternating weeks co-wash hair
Apply Dr. Pickart's Hair Solutions to scalp every night
Apply Dr. Pickart's Hair Cream to edges every night
Moiturize with with African Royale Braid Spray every other night

Elasta QP feels like silk
Elasta QP Glaze
Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturzing hair lotion
ETA:
Shampoo - Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo
Co washes - Infusium 23 (Moistur)ologie, HE Hello Hydration
Deep Conditoner - Aussie 5 min Deeep Condtioner or ORS Replenishing Pak
Pre Poo - EVOO & Vatika Oil
Treatments - Aphrogee Keratin 2 miniute Reconstructor & Roux Porosity Control

End of challenge goal:
After I take my hair down on the 18th I will know for sure, but I hope APL

ETA: My relaxed hair is so thin, I think I lost alot at the decamation line so I'm hoping for full APL.
On the 19th after I wash and Deep Condition.

I'm what I'd like to consider myself a conservative weave wearer. My hair is braided in the bee hive pattern and I wear it in a bun of some sort 99% of the time.

I'm looking for stylish head bands other than those found at target and most BSS. They break so easy to me. Can anyone suggest some other good places I can find nice looking hair candy??

Here is my starting picture, took 12/30/09

Attachments

• WC Start 123009.jpg
    WC Start 123009.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 9
I'm what I'd like to consider myself a conservative weave wearer. My hair is braided in the bee hive pattern and I wear it in a bun of some sort 99% of the time.

I'm looking for stylish head bands other than those found at target and most BSS. They break so easy to me. Can anyone suggest some other good places I can find nice looking hair candy??

Here is my starting picture, took 12/30/09

It's funny, but the majority of the headbands that I've purchased have been from the Dollar Store, and they've never broken. I used to wear a lot of fabric headbands and the plastic ones with the elastic (the ones that fit around your entire head). They never broke on me while the ones from Wal-Mart did. I still have them. Go figure.

Here is my starting shot after removing my last install.

I detangled with LOTS of conditioner, washed, dc'ed, and let it air dry. I feel that I picked up more thickness - alot more thickness -than any length, although this crazy shrinkage is very deceptive.

I want to adjust my products a little after seeing Renieces drool worthy bun video and try Hydrathermals. This time of year my hair is so thirsty!

hair2-1-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months? Just to start I would say 6 months I got my weave done on Dec 31, 2009.

Regimen:
I will wash once every 10-12 days and on wash days I will dc (diluted). I will spray my braids 2-3x a week.

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:S-curl and I will continue taking vitamins.

End of challenge goal:
I would like to be at APL to BSL

jalen006.jpg

Question:

I am planning on using Halley's Curls Gentle Wave Relaxed tracks. The last sew-in I got was BSS brand Black Diamond. I used 1 1/4 packs of 12 inches and that gave me BSL. I wanted to use a closure this time to give me more versatility and I wanted to use 10 inches as well. With the last sew-in I got, my stylist doubled up the tracks she sewed in and it was very thick (unnaturally full). By the time it thinned out after shedding, it had a more natural thickness. So i'm going to ask her not to double the wefts. Do you think I should order just 4 oz along with the closure?

I have a sew in now that I installed myself on 12/28. I used chinese light yaki that I ordered from china. I love the texture, it matches my hair to the T and no shedding so far.

I will like to take baby step. I will start with 6 months and if it is agreeing with me, I will proceed on to 12 months

Regimen:
Weave/Leave out

I will be washing every 4 day. Styling with be roller setting with flexi-rod, flatiron etc. Moisturize at least once a day. I will be keeping the extension in for 5-8 weeks. I will also be using BKT between installments

Weave/Leave Out
Prepoo: Coconut oil
Shampoo with Aveda Damage Remedy or Joico KPak
Deep Conditioner: Silicon Mix
Leave in: Silicon Mix

End of challenge goal: If I don't cut off my relaxed ends, I will like to be full SL. If I do cut off them off, I will like to be full NL

I am new, so I have no clue on how to post picture. I will try to figure it out, but I am currently EL

**UPDATE WEAVE***
Weave self installed dec 27th outre indian hair ib loose wave whole perim left out with horsehoe

startin pic
and different styles i will post more pics when i wash to show the wave pattern of the hair

Attachments

• Picture 525.jpg
    Picture 525.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 560.jpg
    Picture 560.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 565.jpg
    Picture 565.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 568.jpg
    Picture 568.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 563.jpg
    Picture 563.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 42
Checking in...

I installed mine on the 22nd of December, so it's coming out third week of march

I'll keep y'all posted

Please add me! :yep:

i'd better do the 6 months...and if i decide to do the next 6 months... i will :yep:

Regimen:
um... i don't really know yet-i'll edit later!

again, i don't really know yet.

End of challenge goal:
full healthy apl

i'm transitioning to texlax... and i've been having problems with breakage at the demarcation line and shedding... so i'm not really sure what my plan of action is just yet!

Attachments

• 100_2960.jpg
    100_2960.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 11
Install #1. 18" SENSATIONNEL Goddess Remi French wvg
I didnt leave any hair out on the sides. Just the U in front & nape.

Sorry if the pic isnt really clear, used my webcam.

Attachments

• Picture 3265.jpg
    Picture 3265.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 68
I am a newbie at this so I will give it a try.

I am going for 6 months

Regimen:

Wash hair every 2 weeks and Moisturize daily

For my hair I am using Surge Moisturizer Aide, MTG, Africas Best Herbal Oil, Elasta QP and Softee Signature Growth Oils (Thickning and Stimulating).

For my weave:
2 packs of Hair Topic Premium Body #1 12-14"
I just use Smooth Shine Mousse and Oil Free Wig Shine.

End of challenge goal:
At least 3 inches of growth.

_____For some reason all my pic files are too large that I took with my digital cam. I recently signed up for Fotiki so I will have pics on there. Updat I figured out how to resize pics

Attachments

• haircut.jpg
    haircut.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 11
  • haircutb4sewin-vi.jpg
    haircutb4sewin-vi.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 10
  • sewin-vi.jpg
    sewin-vi.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 12
  • sewin1.jpg
    sewin1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I can't remember if I joined or not, but add me if I didn't. I've decided to wear a weave, and after I take it out after 3 months I will wear a lace front for 2 weeks to give my hair a rest, then back in the weave goes!

Last edited:
Hi!

Can someone please giv eme some tips on how I can keep a sew-in in for 3 months? I am usually dying to take mine down by week 6 and the longest I have ever gone was 9 weeks.

I am in a chinese remi straight install now and I really want to try and keep it in till end of Feb or Mid March.

I shampoo and condition every two weeks or as necessary.

It is a full head install with no hair left out.

I spritz every other day with Avocado Mist or Aphogee Tea Tree.

Last edited:
Starting Pic.. I had to cut all the dry, dead ends. Freshly washed and air dried.

I will installing hair Tonight.

Attachments

• Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
Checking in...

I installed mine on the 22nd of December, so it's coming out third week of march

I'll keep y'all posted

We installed on the same day. My take-down is in late March too. I''m planning a trip to Atlanta and going to make it business and pleasure and get my weave re-done.

Hi!

Can someone please giv eme some tips on how I can keep a sew-in in for 3 months? I am usually dying to take mine down by week 6 and the longest I have ever gone was 9 weeks.

I am in a chinese remi starihgt install now and I really want to try and keep it in till end of Feb or Mid March.

I shampoo and condition every two weeks or as necessary.

It is a full head install with no hair left out.

I spritz every other day with Avocado Mist or Aphogee Tea Tree.

My installs last longer when I do a full wash and DC every 2-3 weeks. My braids start becoming loose around 4 weeks so I'll retighten it to extend the life. I try to be delicate with the weave by wrapping it/ tying it down at night and detangling regularly. My problem is usually not the the hair lasting but me getting sick of the weave and wanting to see my own hair. Then it just comes down to will.

How do you re-tighten the braids without taking out the weave?

There's different ways depending on your braid pattern. One way is to take out a few tracks to tighten the braids and re-install the tracks. My previous stylist didn't undo my braids though. She went back over my braids with thread and needle and re-sewed. I guess she just reinforced the braid and weave with more thread. However she does it, the braids lay flat against my head again. I'd have to ask her the exact technique because I've never did my own re-tightening.

I'm in I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weaving for 12 months

I will washa nd deep condition every 2 weeks, moisurize 3 times a week and apply growth mix to scalp using app bottle.

Trim if needed out of weave, and take 1/2 week break inbetween.

I will be using MTG, Megatek and other oils (wil update this later)

retain at all growth and healthy thick hair.

Starting length in siggy xx

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I've recently transitioned to subscriptionhood on this site just to join this challenge, so I'm hoping for some pretty fantastic results.
I'll have to come back to post my starting pic a little later, but here's my other info for now:

12 months

Regimen:
moisturize and seal every other day
wash and deep condition every 2 weeks.
Trim every 3 months or as needed
I'll be wearing new installs for 4-8 weeks at a time with 2 weeks resting periods in between when I'll be "wigging" it

My hair:
Moisture - good ol' H2O
Sealant - home mix of jojoba, coconut and olive oils
Shampoo and conditioner - Aussie Moist shampoo and conditioner

Weave care : Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen Spray

End of challenge goal:
Armpit length

Coming soon!!!!!

Last edited:
Back