We Had "The Talk"...Time to Get Rid of the Side Men?

Is it cheating for me to keep romantic but nonsexual relationships with other guys?

• Damn straight! Girl, you know you dead wrong!

Votes: 38 33.3%
  • Yes. You are betraying his trust = cheating.

Votes: 56 49.1%
  • Yes for some other reason.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • No. You can only cheat on your husband.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • No. You're not having sex with any of the others.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • No for some other reason.

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
:yep: Definitely doing this.

:lachen:Ok, here's an update: Two of the others were totally cool and said to call them if things don't work out. Trust that I'll be taking them up on that offer if need be. The dude I was going to go on a date with tomorrow said that I should call him too--even if things do work out.:lachen:See, it's not just women who are homewreckers. I haven't talked to the other two because they're the ones I nearly ended up in a relationship with (I was weighing three potentials). I want to go out with them and tell them face to face because I've been dating them for longer than I've been with the new bf and I feel that I owe them more than just a phone call, but I wonder if that is a bad idea (folks are crazy nowadays and I'm not trying to get my neck wrung by a spurned man :perplexed).

hmmm just stop calling them. Men do it to women all the time. Who are they to deserve an explanation :lol: If they were so shaken up about the thought of losing you, they would have snatched you up long before the new guy came along.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:All right, I'll share: Bar association events, law firm events etc. I also belong to a few, very large (I emphasize that--avoid dating in small associations where women are likely to gossip and say untrue things about you because you're doing better than they are) associations where well-educated, intelligent men are the majority. I am my mother's eldest daughter and between me and her and my aunty, we're going to snag me an eligible bachelor. :grin: My mom advised me to join the associations and my aunt advised me to start frequenting coffee shops and lounges in neighborhoods located in areas with high concentrations of businessmen (ex: Midtown and Wall Street). I took both of their advice and those ladies know what they are talking about! I met the guy I'm going on a date with next week in a Starbucks in Midtown and I met the guy I am exclusive with at a meeting of an association at our school.

I am so trying this soon !!

I am so trying this soon !!
It totally works. For most women, all we have to do is put ourselves out there where men can respectfully appreciate our beauty, yet most of us don't put ourselves out there in the right way (ex: going to the club where ghetto negros hang out when you know full well you want a well-educated executive is not putting yourself out there in the right way).

Sonce I just checked out your album and your hair is beautiful!

Back to the topic at hand, yeah trusting someone is hard. but dating/relationships is all about taking risks. Good luck with everything!

I just tried to check your album too but it got blocked at work....I got the reason "R-rated" :lachen:

What exactly do you have pics of? :rolleyes:
:lol:

My public fotki is R-rated? I guess your workplace finds cornrows and twists explicit? :perplexed

I know, its weird. Normally I can check fotki but twice in the last week I got the R-rated thing. I gotta be careful about stalking at work.

If you both have decided to be exclusive then yes seeing someone else is cheating. If you have any interest in getting married some day then maybe you should see if he is the one...

The real question is would you be upset if he was doing the same...if so then you shouldn't if not then do you boo!

Last edited:
Back