Waist Length in 2010

Been in my install for nearly 9wks nows. Trying to keep it another 3wks. And then its coming out. I will do a length check at that time. Im toooo excited to see where I stand in this race to waist.

so i did a length check and i'm quite dissappointed. i thought i'd be closer to wl that where i'm at. now i havent compared the pix to my last length check so maybe i did more than what i thought. but looking a my length now, i was not happy :( so i put the pix up as soon as i upload that baby. i only took 1 cause i was so butt hurt about it lmao

so i did a length check and i'm quite dissappointed. i thought i'd be closer to wl that where i'm at. now i havent compared the pix to my last length check so maybe i did more than what i thought. but looking a my length now, i was not happy :( so i put the pix up as soon as i upload that baby. i only took 1 cause i was so butt hurt about it lmao

HUGS!

:bighug:That's how I felt the last time I checked. I'm determined to wait a while this time.

here's the pic. and i did compare it to my last length check. i've been stuck here since dec. i dont know why. my ends look great. my shedding is normal. i dont see breakage (or at least enough to think thats what it is). so i dont know. maybe my hair is taking a nap.

feb112010.jpg

i will say i think it might be thicker. maybe that's what's going on instead. but i honestly thought i was closer. i really did :(

here's the pic. and i did compare it to my last length check. i've been stuck here since dec. i dont know why. my ends look great. my shedding is normal. i dont see breakage (or at least enough to think thats what it is). so i dont know. maybe my hair is taking a nap.

i will say i think it might be thicker. maybe that's what's going on instead. but i honestly thought i was closer. i really did :(

Well it's still gorgeous and you have plenty of time for it to wake up from nap time. And now when you do reach WL it'll be even thicker. :yay:

On the other hand, my hair seems to have been napping since September :sad:, so I'm going to put in some extension braids for a while....that usually does the trick.

feb112010.jpg

Don't be discouraged Mz.MoMo :giveheart:. We have an entire year to reach our goal. I bet you will be WL by the summer :yep:. I have heard that lots of people have slower growth in the winter time and spurts in the summer.

Your hair looks great! Your ends look very healthy and it does look a bit thicker than your starting pic. So take heart, it is only February, technically we have only been at this for one full month :yep:.

ETA: I just went back and looked at your starting pic again and I actually think it looks longer. It is hard to tell for sure because I have to flip back and forth from page to page but I think if you look at them side by side you will see some length progress!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies checking in a lil late but here I am:

I am now almost 24 weeks post (I'VE never gone this long before). A month ago, I cut 2-3 inches of my hair off. My ends looked awful. When I stretch to check length, it doesn't look like I cut my hair. It's still touching waist. My middle section is continuing to grow in nicely so I definitely feel better about my hair.

I'm going to switch to braidouts full time until end/March. My hair is reverting a little too quickly so if its going to be wavy, I will help it along.

My accurate check point will be no more cuts and end of March relaxer. Continued success ladies.

Last edited:
Don't be discouraged Mz.MoMo :giveheart:. We have an entire year to reach our goal. I bet you will be WL by the summer :yep:. I have heard that lots of people have slower growth in the winter time and spurts in the summer.

Your hair looks great! Your ends look very healthy and it does look a bit thicker than your starting pic. So take heart, it is only February, technically we have only been at this for one full month :yep:.

ETA: I just went back and looked at your starting pic again and I actually think it looks longer. It is hard to tell for sure because I have to flip back and forth from page to page but I think if you look at them side by side you will see some length progress!

i think you're right. i'm gonna put them up next to each other now (or at least closer lol)

12/04/09
dec0409mini.jpg

02/11/10
feb112010.jpg

oh no!!! i've gained weight!!! lmao guess i better lay off the food a bit lol

well looking at it this way. i can for sure say it looks thicker. but i'm wondering if that is because of the color change. you cant really tell but in the 1st pic my ends are dark brown and now its all black....

but length wise, they both seem to be around the same back roll lol just more even you know...

oh no!!! i've gained weight!!! lmao guess i better lay off the food a bit lol

well looking at it this way. i can for sure say it looks thicker. but i'm wondering if that is because of the color change. you cant really tell but in the 1st pic my ends are dark brown and now its all black....

but length wise, they both seem to be around the same back roll lol just more even you know...

I think it definitely grew! In the first pic it looks a bit uneven and the longest side hangs roughly .5-1 inch from where it ALL hangs now. I think you are right on track to reaching your goal of HL by December :grin:!

yeah, it for sure was uneven cause it was cut uneven lmao i refuse to even it out though til '011 and since i barely ever wear it down i said screw it.

I got a relaxer this week and although my hair was full BSL (below bra strap), i got a major trim and now its BSB (~1in above BSL). I was growing out my layers and needed to even them out; the back ones are pretty much fully grown out, but i still have face framing layers which will take a while. I am happy with the health of my hair, even tho i lost a good 1.5 inches. I won't be trimming for the rest of the year, so hopefully I will have MBL by august and WL by the end of the year. This trim really set me back, but my hair is filling out nicely and health comes first! :-D i'm excited to see my progress as the year goes on!

Just finished a CW with Aubrey GPB and a scalp treatment with aloe vera juice. Will flat iron later....and take starting pics. :look:

:lol:

avocado butter has stolen my heart. my new reggie after cowashing or washing

- apply pantene leave in cream (might be trying so garnier soon..stay tuned!)
- apply care free curl curl activator gel
- apply avocado butter

- i apply these to each of 4 sections separately, then i braid my hair into 2 pocahontas braids and tie a scarf over the front. then before i go to sleep i put on my satin bonnet and..wala! fabulous curls in the morning..that i unfortunatel (to get that length!) throw in a bun or some kind of updo

Hi everyone I'm almost 5 inches away from waist length. To reach my goal I will be pill popping, using growth aids, protective styles, deep conditioning .. treatments and drinking 8 cups of water or more a day.

Attachments

• Picture 075.jpg
    Picture 075.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 31
Can't wait to be WL!
Still transitioning! 13 weeks post now! i've stretched for 6 months in the past but now I want the full (thick) package.
:)

okay what's the waist?

so from the longest point of the hair sticking down I have 3" to the top of my pants.

DSCN0606-1.jpg

is the waist my pants (they sit below my bellybutton? or is the waist where those fat lines are on my back? :lachen:

your waist is the narrowest part of your torso... so yes, where the "fat lines" are *whispers- if you wanna see fat lines, look at my back* lmao

:drunk::drunk::drunk:Lordy, lordy, lordy...All this gorgeous hair...I'm un-officially in the APL challenge, but every now and again, I lurk in here just to give me added umphh!!! Beautiful hair, good for you ladies!!!:yep::yep:

Hi ladies!

Can you believe it is almost spring? I am really looking forward to those rumored growth spurts that are supposed to come with warmer weather :grin:.

How is everyone's hair doing?

Hi ladies!

Can you believe it is almost spring? I am really looking forward to those rumored growth spurts that are supposed to come with warmer weather :grin:.

How is everyone's hair doing?

Ugh, my hair isn't going anywhere. I'm praying for a spring AND summer growth spurt. :yep:

Back