Waist Length in 2010

I hope i to get a Spring growth spurt.....my hair is doing great!!! :D

I just gave myself a good dusting a few days ago so my aim is to keep the fresh ends as healthy as possible....im due for a touchup on March 12....Can't WAIT!!!...i always get excited around touch up time:grin:

I am now ....8 weeks post...so i have 2 more weeks to go :woohoo:

I'm really hoping i reach Waist this Summer....oh yeah...and my 2 yr HHJ anniversary is coming up on March 7th!!

i believe i'm still on course to reach wl by summer *eeeh*

my ends are doing great which is good for me since i'm in a no trim challenge on BHM.
i'm going to try the whole year to go with out trimming, cutting, s&d, everything. but, my hairs health comes 1st, so if at any point if my hair appears to be suffering from the challenge, i will gracefully bow out.

***Update: This challenge is open to anyone at anytime. However, no additional names will be added to the official list. Happy growing ladies!***

Ok I know I'm late but I'm in, since the challenge is open to anyone at anytime. Due to a very recent BC I had a major setback, but due to my health regimen, I know I'll make the goal.

My regimen:
  • CO at least twice a week
  • Deep condition at least once a month
  • Use herbal shampoo at least once a month
  • Clarify at least once a month
  • Seal ends twice a day with coconut oil, castor oil or jojoba oil
  • No heat styling (except when I need a length check)
  • Vitamins, Protein, Water and Supplements
    Water, water and more water!
HHG Ladies!!!

While I was putting in my Celie braids last night I found that my hair is easily WL now. :yay: :cup:

I may be flat ironing for the March 21 length check in the Hip Length challenge thread... if I do, I'll take some pics and post them here too.

i keep trying to think of how to celebrate! i come up with an idea and then i forget it lol. i dunno what i should do though

I don't know either!:grin:

I've been waiting for this moment for 2 years!!! And now i don't know what i'm gonna do!:lachen:

I think i'm gonna take a trip to this huge BSS in Orlando and get some hair accessories...like really cute banana clips and stuff.

that sounds like a plan... i love hair toys but i cant ever get into using them. i'm just too lazy and try to get every wink of sleep in i can i guess lol

While I was putting in my Celie braids last night I found that my hair is easily WL now. :yay: :cup:

I may be flat ironing for the March 21 length check in the Hip Length challenge thread... if I do, I'll take some pics and post them here too.

CONGRATULATIONS LadyP!!!!!!!!!!!! :band::cheers::clap::dance7:HL here you come :grin:.

I should reach WL by June (if not before) but I will not celebrate until August. My anniversary is in August and I am planning to straighten it and take DH out. I very rarely wear it straight and he always likes it when I do (its a nice change of pace).

I figured out how to celebrate! :D I'm going to buy myself one of those carved bone combs to hold up a massive bun. I'm looking at several places online to find one I :love: they aren't cheap :look: but it's taken me a long time to get here, so I wanna celebrate! :yay:

I figured out how to celebrate! :D I'm going to buy myself one of those carved bone combs to hold up a massive bun. I'm looking at several places online to find one I :love: they aren't cheap :look: but it's taken me a long time to get here, so I wanna celebrate! :yay:

when you decide what one you like you should post a pic so we can see :grin:

or you can post pix of all the ones you're considering lol :grin:

That's a great way to celebrate. You can never have enough hair toys.

Have you seen these - they are not expensive:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41887603http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39924908

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39530646

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38344689

^^^ OMG those are gorgeous! I really like the one shaped like a fan! And they are priced right too :up: :yay:

ETA: looking through her shop now I want like ALLLllllll of them... seriously. My inner PJ is chomping at the bit!!! :chocbunny: There is gonna be one happy lady in Saigon today :lachen:

Last edited:
Ok... these are the ones I got. My inner PJ pimpslapped my defenses and ran amok, lol

LHCF would only let me upload 5 pics :blush:

Attachments

• barrette_flower.jpg
    barrette_flower.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 13
  • fork_angled.jpg
    fork_angled.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 12
  • fork_fan.jpg
    fork_fan.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 10
  • fork_flowers.jpg
    fork_flowers.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
  • horn_barrette.jpg
    horn_barrette.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 12
But I also bought.... Don't judge me lol

Oops, double posted the barrette one... I kinda lost track :dizzy:

DH is gonna be like :shocked: How much???? :clubu: :blush:

Attachments

• horn_barrette.jpg
    horn_barrette.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 7
  • stick_dragonfly.jpg
    stick_dragonfly.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 11
^ yeah, right. This man is the cheapest person I have ever met, he won't be trying to hear that. Anyway... he doesn't need to know :sekret: I'll be like "This? I've had this hairtoy for years. Don't you remember...." he'll be like :look: Yeah, sure I remember :look:

Those are some beautiful hairtoys!!! I wish i knew about that Etsy seller....i have hair sticks from Barefoot Maiden and a fork from 60th street...and a few other sellers on Etsy....i LOVE handmade stuff!

Well....i'm off to texlax my hair in a lil bit....fingers crossed....again....:lachen:

Hi ladies! I'm just checking in. I hope you all are doing well.

-I have been staying away from heat
-I have also been extremely lazy with my hair
-i have officially decided on not trimming at all until sometime in 2011 or never if I'm lucky lol! :drunk:

I like the idea of celebrating when we reach WL, i just can't think of anything. Maybe I'll get bangs..

-i have officially decided on not trimming at all until sometime in 2011 or never if I'm lucky lol! :drunk:

I like the idea of celebrating when we reach WL, i just can't think of anything. Maybe I'll get bangs..

OOooooooOOOoo...that sounds nice!!:yep:

YEAH!!!! i'm not cutting in '010 either!!!!

NO TRIM IN '010!!!!

^^^I guess that makes three of us not trimming in 2010!
I've been ok!
Still not MBL yet but I'm transitioning now so will have to wait for stretched hair pics.
I put in another set of crochet braids this morning 'cause I had a serious case of hand-in-hair syndrome with my hair down and out! I was twisting, undoing, then braiding and undoing every day!

- Now in protective style and I plan to spritz my hair at least nightly. Also diluted some of my HE LTR leave-in with water and will be using that on my edges before bed! :yay: Pics below!

- I have stayed away from heat so far. :)
- Next paln is to concoct some body and hair lotions using my grapeseed oil, Sweeta almond oil, beeswax and (when I get it) Aloe vera juice/ distilled water. Can't wait. Essential oils and maybe some shea butter added for the hair lotions!

WL where art thou? :(

Attachments

• 103833.jpg
    103833.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 103835.jpg
    103835.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 104528.jpg
    104528.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I think my ends are finally in the WL zone, but I think I need a trim. My ends seem a little thin to me, but they look fine in photos. I think I'll go ahead and trim now with the hopes that I'll reach full WL by my 2-year LHCF anniversary in August.

Last edited:
Back