Waist Length in 2010

I can't stand it....I feel like a kid sitting outside her favorite candy store not being able to go in and pitching a royal hissy fit with Mom and all the bypassers.

Wishing you all the best. Truly :yep:

Mscocoface - standing outside looking into the window with her nose all mashed up against the window.....sighing.

Carry on.............

Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. I'm still hoping for waistlength...everyone is saying how looooong my hair is, but I don't see it. When I REALLY reach wsl I will be satisfied. I hope everyone is well. :grin:

I'm still in my sew-in. I'm planning to take it out next month. This has been the longest 16 weeks of my life! I'm still hoping for 2". I'll be MBL if I get it. Then, all I'll need is 2 more to WL. That should happen by summer.

I'm so excited!!!!

Last edited:
So i updated my siggy and put my Pikistrip in it...that way i won't have to keep linking to my Fotki.

I am soooooo close ladies!!! I'm gonna be babying my hair more until i get there.

Well, I went ahead and got a trim because my ends were starting to get thin. I don't think I've had a real trim since Oct. 09, which is probably the longest I've ever gone without one. I went to TGF Haircutters and supervised the lady while she trimmed 1 inch. I'm happy because my ends are full again, not stringy or tangled like they were before.

I'm still pressing for full WL in 2010, preferably by my 2-year LHCF anniversay in August. I am refusing to get discouraged!!!! This is the closest that I've ever been to having WL in my life. My thought is if my ends were able to enter the Waistlength zone before (as shown in the pre-trim photo), it can do it again with full ends. My strategy is to PS 24/7 and continue trimming as needed. I am so determined to get to full WL, and I want strong healthy ends like many of the success stories on this forum.

Photos

Pre-trim - You reallly can't see the ends because I had a lot of serum in them.

Pic 2 - Feb. 24 relaxer.jpg

After the trim - Since I plan to PS for the next several months, I asked the haircutting lady not to try to even it up and make me lose length for the sake of neatness. I've think we've all fallen into the BC trap when a stylist tries to "even you up."
Trim 3-10-10.jpg

Side view (this shows how much thicker my ends look)
Side Trim - 3-10-10.jpg

Hoping, praying, wishing and PSing to WL in 2010!

here's my march update. both pix were taken today. sorry about the fuzziness of one of the pix, my camera phone is a douche lol

mar19201001.jpg

mar19201002.jpg

i think i'm like an inch away from wl? possibly? maybe? who knows lol but i'm getting closer! it looks like i'm still on track for wl in may... probably end of may lol

I just love coming into this thread and seeing the wonderful progress you ladies are making!!!! I'm not brave enjoy to join....maybe next year. Until then I will get my thrills from watching you all.

You are soooooooo FREAKIN' CLOSE! I'm jelly, :(. CONGRATS :)

here's my march update. both pix were taken today. sorry about the fuzziness of one of the pix, my camera phone is a douche lol

mar19201001.jpg

mar19201002.jpg

i think i'm like an inch away from wl? possibly? maybe? who knows lol but i'm getting closer! it looks like i'm still on track for wl in may... probably end of may lol

mzmomo go you!!!!
you're right there!

I'm hoping to make it to WL by years end. I'm bunning for a while and we'll see how retention goes. I feel like I'm almost MBL, but I'm not straightening for a comparison pic until april/may.

mar19201001.jpg

mar19201002.jpg

AWESOME PROGRESS GIRL!!! :woohoo:

I just flat ironed my hair for the first time in about 6 years and the relaxed ends are extremely super duper thin, but since I NEVER wear my hair straight, I'm keeping them for a while :grin:
If I cut, I'd be about APL.
Anywho, here are some update pics. I'm hoping for a growth spurt this year so I won't feel so bad whenever I decide to start cutting off the ends.

Attachments

• DSCN0519.jpg
    DSCN0519.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0529.jpg
    DSCN0529.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN0534.jpg
    DSCN0534.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN0536.jpg
    DSCN0536.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 46
My right side is longer than my left side. I think I'm still mostly at MB/BS straightened. :perplexed

*Sigh* though all of the progress in this thread is getting me excited...
And though I just finished lacing my scalp with MN...
I'm still that annoying inch away from BSB...
Its almost April, and I'm not sure I'll make it this year- if I have to wait until June for BSB, then I won't make mid back till September (if that). Then WL will mot be here till abot March next year! Anyway I'll keep PSing (I fell off for a while and over manipulated causing the most breakage I've had in a while...) MNing (if I have money) and show the length check for BSB!

I had my hair straightened yesterday and decided to do a quick length check. I have no idea what I am as my hair stops below my bra but I know I am not full mbl. My sides do not grow as fast as the back and the middle. I have been losing weight and exercising like a fiend so maybe it is contributing to my growth, dunno.

So here is my length check as of March 2010. My friend took this pic of me in the diner and the other one was taken in my house while in my pjs wearing a ponytail. Be nice... :)

Attachments

• hair march 2010.jpg
    hair march 2010.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 37
  • ponytail length check march 20 2010.jpg
    ponytail length check march 20 2010.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 39
You ladies have made great progress!!! MzMoMo and SmilingElephant you two are definitely on track to reach waist length by the summer if not sooner :yep:.

Here are my March updates. I have made a lot of progress. My ends look thinner than they are in the pics because I am tugging them for dear life :grin:, but they are actually looking really healthy and are remarkably even considering my last real trim was about a year ago.

The first two pics show how much further away from my bra strap my hair is. In my December starting pic my hair came right to the bottom of the strap. The second two show the distance to waist; I am about an inch away :grin:.

ETA: the last pic is my original starting pic (just for comparison)

Attachments

• Growth Shot 1.jpg
    Growth Shot 1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Growth Shot 2.jpg
    Growth Shot 2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Distance to waist.jpg
    Distance to waist.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Distance to Waist 2.jpg
    Distance to Waist 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Starting pic 1.jpg
    Starting pic 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Testimony!!!!!!! Great progress. My hair stops right about where yours does...what length is that considered?

Your hair looks fantastic!

You ladies have made great progress!!! MzMoMo and SmilingElephant you two are definitely on track to reach waist length by the summer if not sooner :yep:.

Here are my March updates. I have made a lot of progress. My ends look thinner than they are in the pics because I am tugging them for dear life :grin:, but they are actually looking really healthy and are remarkably even considering my last real trim was about a year ago.

The first two pics show how much further away from my bra strap my hair is. In my December starting pic my hair came right to the bottom of the strap. The second two show the distance to waist; I am about an inch away :grin:.

Yes. You can really tell in that last pic. :yep:

Testimony!!!!!!! Great progress. My hair stops right about where yours does...what length is that considered?

Your hair looks fantastic!

Thank you!

Girl I have no idea what to call it. I think it is safe to call it MBL but I get really unclear about what is what between BSL and WL. Your hair looks lovely by the way :yep:.

I just flat ironed my hair for the first time in about 6 years and the relaxed ends are extremely super duper thin, but since I NEVER wear my hair straight, I'm keeping them for a while :grin:
If I cut, I'd be about APL.
Anywho, here are some update pics. I'm hoping for a growth spurt this year so I won't feel so bad whenever I decide to start cutting off the ends.

You definitely already have some ends touching WL. The ends may be thin but they don't look unhealthy. I would hold on to them as long as I could so the rest can catch up :grin:.

Small update. I think I'll reach sometime in the Summer. That was my original timetable. August will also mark 2 years on lhcf for me.

please excuse that my hair is always swished to one side, I take these pics by myself using the 2 sec delay on my camera and I have to turn around fast.

Attachments

• SDC11566.JPG
    SDC11566.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 49
Back