Waist Length in 2010

Please add me to the list. I've got some hairs touching WL, but not enough to claim it.

Attachments

• Dec 09-1.jpg
    Dec 09-1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 27
my hair is going good... i've slept with my pretty wrap or a satin bonnet every nite... except for last nite lmao. i was proud of my self cause when i went to bed (at 4am) i put the bonnet on... but in my drunkeness i decided to take it off because it was ruining my sleep (i remember taking it off and i remember why, just dont remember how it was actually ruining my sleep when it never has before lmao).

everyone else able to maintain their routine through the holidays?!

I guess today is My OFFICIAL day 1. So I attempted to make the Moe Gro concoction, of course it isn't complete without the Aloe gel so I have to get that.

I took my vitamins ALL of them and drank my 3x protein milkshake...Blech.

I will co-wash on Sunday. As for today I am just chilling and learning from the waist length ladies via their threads.

I'm still nervous..

I WILL be positive...or try to.

:)

Starting Pic:

picture.php

Will continute to Mega-Tek, and use Aubrey Organics. But this time I will bun more to retain more length.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

:cry:

Well...i'm disappointed ladies....i relaxed(texlaxed) my hair today and i just finished flat ironing. I had my sister take pics and i'm at MBL.....still.

So...i think i'll be in this challenge for a while.:sad:...not that it's a bad thing...i just could've SWORN i had more growth than what i have.

I'm sooooo ashamed.....another letdown :(

Where's my ice cream?

Oh....here's the link to my Fotki.
http://public.fotki.com/LadyBird05/myprogressfrommay20/

Well...i'm disappointed ladies....i relaxed(texlaxed) my hair today and i just finished flat ironing. I had my sister take pics and i'm at MBL.....still.

So...i think i'll be in this challenge for a while.:sad:...not that it's a bad thing...i just could've SWORN i had more growth than what i have.

Where's my ice cream?

No need to be disappointed at least your not shorter than you were...hugs! It will happen, it willl happen...:yep:

OMG there is some GORGEOUS hair in here!!!!!:grin:

Okay, I'm about 3 inches from WL but I want to cut to the bottom of my bra strap. I'm growing out my bangs (now chin length) and the back is straight across. I am going to round it so I can blend these bangs in because it is driving me nuts. Also I have a long face and feel I/my hair looks better with layers around my face. So tonight I will be cutting and rounding and may re-layer all the way around...haven't decided on that part yet. I will post pix sometime before the weekend is over.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE add my name, I would feel SO HONERED & SPECIAL! :heart:

Hello ladies. I hope you all had a great new year.

Mz.MoMo5235 I LOL at your bonnet story. That is too funny. I am glad that you have been able to stick to your regie (for the most part :grin:)

I had two minor New Year related slips. I went out of town to visit family for the New Year and thought I left my sleep cap at home. The first night I slept without it and then found it the next night. I also left my vitamins so I missed a day. Other than that I have been doing pretty good.

SmilingElephant I am sorry you didn't reach your goal but I am glad that you will be sticking around. And you should definitely NOT feel ashamed. Your hair looks great! Your ends look healthy and full; it is clear you have been taking great care of your hair :yep:. We have 12 more months to reach our goals and I am sure we can make it :yep:.

a-caribian_dream, Inana04, thaidreams and Michelle let me say welcome once again. I am going to go ahead and add your names to the list. You ladies have some really pretty hair :yep:.

WL here we come!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok, I finally have a starting picture in my siggy. I plan to cowash and deep condish once per week, moisturize and seal every other day, and wear protected styles until June.

Where's my ice cream?

Why are you upset, your hair is beautiful. Keep up the good work.

I want in...I didnt know I had a growth spurt until I straightened sooo I want to be full WL, but since my hair is thin I will be trimming as it grows b/c I'm now going to be starting to use certain products for thickness...

here's my pic:
1-1-10str8.jpg

Welcome SimplyBlessed!!!! You are starting with a great length; you will be full WL in no time :yep:.

schipperchow1- thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you as well on your journey to HL. I have been peeking in on your challenge; you ladies are such an inspiration.

I'm bsl right now, I have 2 inches until MBL and a total of 5 inches for WL (i'm short! lol). I plan on getting a minor trim late feb/early march when i get my next touchup, so i'll fudge and say 6 inches till WL. Kinda scared, but i'm excited!
Regimen: still a work in progress, but as of this year it will be KeraCare shampoo and dc (protein: ORS; moisture: KeraCare Humecto/Nexxus Humectant) 1x week, cowash 2x week if need be, moisturize ends daily with roots of nature shea butter and green tea moisturizer and olive oil, prepoo with olive oil and coconut oil. Hot oil treatment when needed.
Protective/low maintenance styles: rollersets, flexirod sets, braidouts, twistouts, buns.

Hello ladies, Testimony777, I hope you don't mind if I join this challenge a little late, it's a little cheeky of me, but I have been a lurker for over a year and after some overly serious deliberation with the rest of my family over the holidays, I have decided to bite the bullet and come out of hiding.

I'm currently at MBL ( I think..I only press my hair once or twice a year,) might be a little longer. A stylist got scissor happy with my hair 18 months ago, cutting drastic layers in that I have since been trying to grow out. Aim is full WL by the end of the year after trims etc.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. HHG etc. x

Oh yes - must remember the pics. Hope this works!

ill be participating from the sidelines. i think i only have two more inches till WL but im not really sure. i plan on bunning 100% of time. while sleeping and during the day.

Hello ladies, Testimony777, I hope you don't mind if I join this challenge a little late, it's a little cheeky of me, but I have been a lurker for over a year and after some overly serious deliberation with the rest of my family over the holidays, I have decided to bite the bullet and come out of hiding.

I'm currently at MBL ( I think..I only press my hair once or twice a year,) might be a little longer. A stylist got scissor happy with my hair 18 months ago, cutting drastic layers in that I have since been trying to grow out. Aim is full WL by the end of the year after trims etc.

Thanks for coming out of hiding for us. Your hair is beautiful!
Welcome!

I am loving your hair lady :love:. Welcome to the challenge :yep:.

ill be participating from the sidelines. i think i only have two more inches till WL but im not really sure. i plan on bunning 100% of time. while sleeping and during the day.

Hey Adora, I was hoping you would pop in here. You have some lovely hair. Are you in the HL challenge? I bet you will make that length by the end of the year :yep:.

I hope I make it to waist length this year. Then I can join the, "My hair has never been this long before" thread.

Welcome bigbrowneyez :grin:. I your Dec. 2009 pic in your sig :yep:. Is that a roller set?

Thanks! I used a flat iron, just curled it. I have long layers tho. That was the last time i use heat for the year tho lol :-) healthier WL hair, here i come! Hopefully i'll make it
I'm trying to grow out some of the face framing layers; right now they are b/w SL and APL. I want a few layers but no shorter than BSL.

Last edited:
**timidly watching from the sidelines**....

I would love to join in, and have hopes I will reach WSL this year ( maybe not full, but we'll see). I dusted a lot in 09, but plan to put the scissors down, bun, and try to cowash more frequently. I've never participated in a challenge, but have best wishes for all the ladies in their goals. Let's do it!

OK I'm posting again because my previous Piki strips were removed because of the size. So now it's smaller and back as my signature....

Here is my starting pic. I will stick to my same reggie of weekly wash/DC/rollesets, moisturize/seal, vitamins and trim as needed. I will try to bun it up more often as well.

1-3-09 length check.jpg

Back