Waist Length in 2010

Ok, so I took my starting pics. Please excuse the broke down "outfit" I am wearing I was trying to show where my waist is so that the comparison will be easier to see. Unfortunately this means you all will have to look at that same broke down outfit this time next year. Hopefully one significant change will be that my hair totally covers the bra strap as it cascades down my back :grin:.

Happy growing ladies!

Attachments

• Starting pic 1.jpg
    Starting pic 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Starting pic 2.jpg
    Starting pic 2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 39
Since the deadline is past, I am unofficially joining. I am so excited that I can finally be a part of the waistlength challenge. I will probably be WL by June, but I am planning a big trim in the spring since it will have been a year since my last trim, so I should be full waistlength by Christmas 2010.

DSC01283-vi.jpg

Since the deadline is past, I am unofficially joining. I am so excited that I can finally be a part of the waistlength challenge. I will probably be WL by June, but I am planning a big trim in the spring since it will have been a year since my last trim, so I should be full waistlength by Christmas 2010.

DSC01283-vi.jpg

Looking Wl already to me...:yep:

DSC01283-vi.jpg

So this is not waist length? I thought WL is right above or right at the belly button...This looks like waist length to me...Am I wrong?

DSC01283-vi.jpg

Go ahead on and join the HL challenge.....you're WL already :grin:
We'll be happy to have a new addition.

:worship2:

I definitely agree with everyone who said you're already WL. Congrats!

DSC01283-vi.jpg

Um, yeah, the hip length challenge is that way ---->

:laugh:

Why are you trimming that pretty hair? :blush:

DSC01283-vi.jpg

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I have to agree with the other ladies you look WL to me.

I'm gonna end my stretch this Friday....or was it next Friday? I'll be 10 weeks post.....then i can see if I'm already waistlength...i should be there by now :(

I have so much newgrowth and shrinkage right now....but when i wash in the shower and i do the length check...i'm at waist....so i'm not sure.

I think I'll join. Earlier this year, my stylist cut off six inches to even out my hair--which brought my length just above bra clasp, but my hair looked so much better.

Now, I'm back to an even below bra clasp length. I have a few inches to go for waist length.

Hey Barbara,

Do you still use Wanakee or Hair Oil Products? I love the Moisture Emphasis Conditioner.

India

DSC01283-vi.jpg

You look WSL already to me too, with thick ends, nice. I think you're mistaking HPL for WSL.
Maybe you should join the Hip length challenge going on now.

Wishing all of you get to WSL really soon.

Adding my starting pic. Sorry about the attachments, but I'm not sure how to post fotki album pics here.

Attachments

• lastof09 011.jpg
    lastof09 011.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 24
  • lastof09 012.jpg
    lastof09 012.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi ladies May I join???

I'm not sure where I am now but I know that I might be cutting sometime early 2010 for thicker ends. So I would like to be a full healthy WL in 2010

Starting pic:
pink2.jpg

I plan on keeping it very simple in 2010.
paying more attention to my ends, moisturizing, deep conditioning, etc.
staying low maintenance with styled twists, braidouts, and bantu knots.

Congrats Andy; I bet you will be HL by the end of the year :yep:.

SmilingElephant I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I think that you probably are WL already if you are at the waist in the shower. I can't wait to see your progress pics!

Thanks for the well wishes Lucia. Oh, and I love your hair :yep:.

Hi ladies May I join???

I'm not sure where I am now but I know that I might be cutting sometime early 2010 for thicker ends. So I would like to be a full healthy WL in 2010

Starting pic:
pink2.jpg

I plan on keeping it very simple in 2010.
paying more attention to my ends, moisturizing, deep conditioning, etc.
staying low maintenance with styled twists, braidouts, and bantu knots.

Hi a_ caribbean_dream! The deadline to have your name added to the official list has past but you are more than welcome to join; the more the merrier :yep:. Happy growing :grin:.

Can I join? I just joined the mid-back challenge, but possibly I can make it to waist-length by the end of next year as well? I think I'd like to give it a shot. Here's my current length.

Attachments

• 100_7286.jpg
    100_7286.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 54
Can I join? I just joined the mid-back challenge, but possibly I can make it to waist-length by the end of next year as well? I think I'd like to give it a shot. Here's my current length.

Welcome Inanna! Your hair is beautiful :yep:, I can't wait to see your year end comparison pic. The date to have your name added to the list has past but you are more than welcome to join. I put the deadline in only because I knew it would be difficult for me to keep up with the list once the holidays got rolling. If I get some time I may try to go back and add the names of the ladies who joined latter but I can't make any promises.

Happy growing!!!!

I'm so nervous....i'm afraid of another letdown :(

So am I. I just did a serious trim tonight so I don't know...but I'm sure we will come close...especially you-you seem to have some good length already. Lucky for me I joined both MBL and WL 2010 so I guess I will happy for either one at this rate!:ohwell:

My mistake...i will be 9 weeks post tomorrow...but i still wanna relax....i've got problems with matting....and i'm tired of sitting down detangling for half an hour....lol.

Back