Waist Length in 2010

I'm in!! :grin:

My hair is recovering so I've got lots of shorter sections (see thru middle). The left already hit waistlength in Oct. Right in Nov. However, I'm doing small cuts while the middle grows in so it won't look so anemic. I just did one in Nov.

No change in reggie - if it ain't broke done fix it. (I SERIOUSLY need to remember that!!!! - that's how I got in the trouble I'm in now)

Tresemee Smooth and Silky - CW
ACV/BS - rinse
Silicon Mix - DC - every two weeks
Hair One - leave-in (moisture)
Coconut/Olive Oil - as needed
AirDry - shirt/scarf method
Flat Iron only as needed - seems to be 2x a month
Relax'g only twice a year - next time is March - use SB Botanicals

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new ladies who have joined!!!!!

SmilingElephant: I am glad you decided to join :grin:

SherylsTresses: Thanks for the encouragement. Your hair is lovely by the way :yep:.

Aviah: I am glad you joined. Even if you don't get to Wl by the end of the year you will be darn close. And what a big bonus it would be if you get there. Happy growing :grin:.

PrincessLinzz: Don't be scared; WELCOME!

Ediese: I feel you on slacking on the challenges, that is why I was hesitant to start one. But we can do it :yep:!

HAPPY GROWING LADIES!!!!!

Can I join? :nervous2:
I've been waiting for this thread.....:clapping:
I'm less than 6 inches from WL and I managed to go from APL to past BSL this year!
My regimen (subject to change) is:
DC + co-wash with backing soda/conditioner mix 1ce a week.
Tea rinses 3xs a week
Moisturize and seal twice daily
Texlax every 10-12 weeks.
Exercise at least 3xs a week:cycle:
Take multivits, Spirulina, MSM, Biotin, Garlic and Fish oils daily!
Protective styles like buns (cute different styles) updos (French twists, etc) and half-wigs/wigs 99% of the time.
Airdry or hood-dry
Try to get a steamer......:o

That's it so far!

I have 6" to Waistlength, if I retain everything I should be able to make it by next year or at least graze it. Im doing back to back installs for this year so theres no reason I cant make it. So add me, im in! Whoo Whoo!!

Testimony777 -

Thank you very much for starting this thread.

:blowkiss:

I think it's pretty exciting.

Question: Do you ladies think you will stop at waistlength or keep going? Before I touched waistlength I thought well, that's long enough. Now I'm not so sure. In fact, if I don't screw up my hair again and everything goes as planned, my goal is to sign up for the next hip length challenge.

:yep:

Ok, patience, patience.....

Anyway good luck ladies!

Testimony777 -
Question: Do you ladies think you will stop at waistlength or keep going? Before I touched waistlength I thought well, that's long enough. Now I'm not so sure. In fact, if I don't screw up my hair again and everything goes as planned, my goal is to sign up for the next hip length challenge.

I never really thought of that! I'm so focused on getting to WL that I haven't thought of what life beyond WL holds LOL It'd be nice to have a curly rollerset or braidout that reached WL, so if I get there, I'll try to keep going.

Testimony777 -

Anyway good luck ladies!

No problem MsCounsel; I am really excited too :grin:.

I thought for a while that WL was the longest I would go. But after seeing LeoBody's youtube videos I think that I want to grow it to HL. She is my hair twin and I absolutely adore the length of her hair. We will see, it all depends on how I feel once I get to WL. The last time my hair was that long I got tired of it and cut it all off; I won't be doing that again :wallbash:.

Last edited:
Testimony777 -

Anyway good luck ladies!

i want to get to wl unstretched... so i dont really know what my ultimate goal really is lol

I want to get like 2 inches past waist and then keep my length there, and continue to texlax and possible end up with a U-shape by the end of next year :)

I would please like to join! I'm about 7-8inches away from WL and I really want to take care of my hair to get it there in 2010.
I am a newbie to the site, but I joined today and have already learned so much! I really appreciate the support and sisterhood and look forward to learning from everyone and rooting you all on!

ETA: I have gotten educated by LHCF and have changed up my regimen:

My Regimen:

Co-wash: Daily with Kenra MC and Rusk Calm
Daily Leave-ins: Aloe Spritz (from Traycee/K.I.S.S. : rose water, aloe, glycerin)
7 in 1 Miracle
Mega-Tek: massaged into scalp nightly
Seal nightly with Ayurveda oils and Coconut oil (Spectrum brand- unrefined)
Pre-poo: Scalp Tingle (MC w/ peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus EO)
Wash: 1x/week with Kenra Moisture Shampoo
Deep condition: 1/week with heat, after shampoo
DC (will rotate): protein- Roux Porosity Control (heavy)
protein- Elasta QP Intense (light)
moisturizing- Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair
protein& moisturizing- Avocado Hair Mask
Clarify: 1x/month with Tresemme Smooth Shampoo
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse 1x/ month
Protective styling, wrapping every night, very minimal direct heat.
Search and Destroy Method

Daily Nutrition for Growth:
Water, Water, WATER.
Multi-vitamins and supplements (garlic, fish oil, etc.)
High protein diet ( will attempt...)
1 tbsp Raw Wheat Germ Oil per day.
2 tbsp Raw Wheat Germ 3x/week
Daily Exercise

Last edited:
comic-p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I'M in I am two months post. Next relaxer update Jan 16th.
I just joined MBL challenge but I would be happy to achieve WL.
My regimen would be...
Externally:
Deep condition 1-2 weeks
Protective style 24-7(Half wig or phony pony)
Castor oil massage 2-3 times a week and moisturize ends
Sleep with satin cap 7 days a week

Internally:
1 teaspoon MSM morning with vitamin c
3 Biotins mid-day
1 teaspoon MSM evening with 1 omega 3 vitamin
6-8 glasses water.
33vn7v8.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Oh wait I got confused! I posted in the hip length challenge earlier but I should have posted in here! Ain't no way I'm going from MBL to HL in one year. :lachen:

*off to edit*

Last edited:
Thanks, Testimony 777 for this thread! Seven is the number of completion! I want to join! I am currently about 5-6 inches from WL (unstretched). Stretched is a little less. I hope to get there by early fall of 2010 (around September to early October).

For the last 2 years I have done near-constant PS during the winter (from about October to March). That included wearing full wigs, LF's, drawstring ponies, buns, etc. My hair is braided and not manipulated (currently) for about 2-4 weeks at a time. I take my braids down, shampoo the scalp only (the poo makes my hair tangle somethin' terrible so I only apply to scalp), apply DC, then leave-ins, comb out and rebraid while damp.

I also make sure to thoroughly moisturize/lubricate my hair with a shea butter conditioning hair dress, Amla Oil, and Vatika Oil. I use Sulfur 8 Oil for Locs, Twists, and Braids on my scalp and edges, alternated with Parnevu Tea Tree Pomade. Sometimes if I don't have the time to spend about 2 hours washing and detangling, I will undo the braids, comb-out, mist with water, apply moisturizer, oil scalp/hair, and rebraid. That low-maintenance regi has resulted in a lot of growth and thickness. I keep my hair braided underneath a LF, which I don't wear all day...only when going out. I also don't use adhesive with my LF's, b/c I am super-conscious about taking care of my edges! If I'm at home and inside, that bad boy is OFF, and a satin scarf is on! LOL

I rotate my products (which are quite a few), so I won't list here. I'm transitioning, and don't use heat. I am currently almost 5 full months in. I have about 3 inches of NG. I'm very excited to be on this journey again, but without a BC this time. In it for the long haul!

Good luck to all you ladies in the challenge!

P.S. I have a starting pic of my hair, taken Nov. 19 with the back showing length (several pics of my hair on that date). They're in my Fotki under the album, August-November 2009.

Last edited:
:welcome3: to all the new folks :hiya:

I am so excited that so many people are interested in this challenge :bouncy:. Happy growing ladies!!!!!

Before I got this close to WL I thought it was long enough too.
But now, I want to reach HL at least....maybe even TBL if it'll grow that long.

I signed up for the HL challenge too....high hopes for next year :grin:

I'm in too. I was hoping to reach it this year, but it didn't happen. But I'm certainly a lot closer. This year I would like to do more dc, otherwise everything else about my regimen will be the same. My other challenge this year is to learn how to do more styles and more styles well.

ETA:
I'm attaching my starting photo. I think I need about 2 - 3 inches. After that I would like to work on being full wsl by the end of the year.

Attachments

• 12.27.09 update.jpg
    12.27.09 update.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I think I'll join. Earlier this year, my stylist cut off six inches to even out my hair--which brought my length just above bra clasp, but my hair looked so much better.

Now, I'm back to an even below bra clasp length. I have a few inches to go for waist length.

I would please like to join! I'm about 7-8inches away from WL and I really want to take care of my hair to get it there in 2010.
I am a newbie to the site, but I joined today and have already learned so much! I really appreciate the support and sisterhood and look forward to learning from everyone and rooting you all on!:lachen:

xoxo
good luck and welcome! <3

I'm not going to stop at waistlength because my ultimate goal is wl unstretched(maybe a couple in longer) I'm currently transitioning so I don't know where that will be. So I'll keep growing unless it just gets ridic long. Like past hip length. I don't think I can deal with that. But who knows I might love that. But not too worried my hair grows really slow.

I'm in too. I was hoping to reach it this year, but it didn't happen. But I'm certainly a lot closer. This year I would like to do more dc, otherwise everything else about my regimen will be the same. My other challenge this year is to learn how to do more styles and more styles well.
me too. There are quite a few styles I want to try. I really like this girl's styles. I want to try this out so badly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwpVsHL52cU

Ladies, are there any styles you want to do with wl hair(pics)? Just want to wear it out?

I of course want to wear it out, loose curls bantu knot out, braid out and maybe pin strait
I want to try loose and tight fishtail braids too

I'm so glad you started this thread. Please sign me up.
I'm currently midback.

My reggie will be the same as always, although I will make a conscious effort to do more protective styles:
*Wash/DC/rollerset weekly
*Minimal direct heat (limit to 4x annually for a flat iron style)
*Dust/trim as needed (every 2-3 months)
*Moisturize/seal ends daily or as needed
*Protect hair at night with silk scarf and satin bonnet

Last edited:
good luck and welcome! <3

I'm not going to stop at waistlength because my ultimate goal is wl unstretched(maybe a couple in longer) I'm currently transitioning so I don't know where that will be. So I'll keep growing unless it just gets ridic long. Like past hip length. I don't think I can deal with that. But who knows I might love that. But not too worried my hair grows really slow.

me too. There are quite a few styles I want to try. I really like this girl's styles. I want to try this out so badly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwpVsHL52cU

Ladies, are there any styles you want to do with wl hair(pics)? Just want to wear it out?

I of course want to wear it out, loose curls bantu knot out, braid out and maybe pin strait
I want to try loose and tight fishtail braids too

I saw this cute style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8Fvm6hqM0. The young lady is natural. I tried it yesterday and it's really easy, and somewhat unique.
I want to eventually reach tailbone or classic, I don't really know the difference. I can't quite fathom what I would do after that length though.

Back