Waist Length in 2010

You suffer from hairanorexia too! The feelings are mutual. lol!

THanks for the boost, I didn't think the 2 inches made a difference but I see now they do, I can tell they are gone :lachen: LOL when it is done and curled it looks the same to me but when I get washed and my hair is wet and I am like :nono: something is missing.

I won't be cutting my hair for the rest of the year, only split ending for every other month. ONE pass per small section :)

Can I join? I just joined the mid-back challenge, but possibly I can make it to waist-length by the end of next year as well? I think I'd like to give it a shot. Here's my current length.

I'm pretty much at waist length since this photo/post but I've lost so much hair since.:sad: It matted up in January and I lost what felt like a fist full, now its just gotten worse. I'm scared to straighten it.

JJamiah lead a fight to :ban: me from the MBL thread (even though I DON'T think I'm MBL yet). So, here I am. Not sure if I'll make it this year. I'm already in the WL 2011 Challenge just in case. :lol:

I will continue to DC every week, using a protein based conditioner at least twice a month. I also start the HYH Challenge next week. So I'll be protective styling for the remainder of the year. Hopefully that'll get me over the hump.

Last edited:
Ok so can I vent for a second? It has nothing to do with my hair but....it leads up to my hair lol

So....I'm so freakin sick of my body and its proportions and the way my body stores fat. So I've gained 15 pounds since being in college. Graduated HS in 07 at 135 lbs....everybody told me I was too skinny and needed to gain weight (although I didn't feel that way). My arms were skinny, my legs were skinny, I hardly had a butt or hips. Fast forward to now, I'm a senior in college. I definitely gained the freshman 15. I'm satisfied with my legs, hips, and arms BUT I HATE my waist, backand stomach. The fat went there FIRST and then the other places. So whenever I start losing weight (I would like to get back down to 135) it leaves my legs, butt and hips first. I don't wanna have a child's body forever but I HATE my fat back.:wallbash: I can't even tell where my waist is anymore:sad:...which leads me to my hair...can ya'll tell me how far I have until waist length? I thought it was where my roll was but then in another pic, it seemed to be higher than the roll (I looked from where it started going in). So I posted 3 pics with red lines of where I THINK my waist is. WHERE IS IT?!! And how many inches do I have to get there?

Ok my rant is over....I'm just really emotional right now. Earlier I was whining about my slow growth and now this.:sad:

ETA: ok looking at the AFTER pics, my back doesn't look that bad. But trust me, before I cropped the pics....*shudders*

(Y'all, please don't get me cryin. :rolleyes:)

Your hair looks great and is growing nicely.

Btw, I use my fat roll as my wl marker. I'm in the same position as you with wanting to put on weight in certain areas and adding where you didn't want it. :nono:

YAY!!! Y'all use your rolls to measure WL too. I really AM at home!!! :lol:

YAAAY! Welcome to your new home! lol

And what was your MBL self doing ova there ANYWAY?!?! :lachen:

THanks for the boost, I didn't think the 2 inches made a difference but I see now they do, I can tell they are gone :lachen: LOL when it is done and curled it looks the same to me but when I get washed and my hair is wet and I am like :nono: something is missing.

I won't be cutting my hair for the rest of the year, only split ending for every other month. ONE pass per small section :)

Still looking gawgeous I'm SURE! :lick:

I'm pretty much at waist length since this photo/post but I've lost so much hair since.:sad: It matted up in January and I lost what felt like a fist full, now its just gotten worse. I'm scared to straighten it.

Wow. Sorry about the setback. It's still matting up? What's causing the matting?

Hmmm. Nothing exciting but, I did update my siggy pic. Texlaxed today. I'm getting some nice thickness. I'll update again after I do my first henna/indigo. It's the best I can do for now, mama. :rolleyes:

Now can I buuuuump? :grin:

WITH HAIR LIKE THAT, GIRL YOU NEARLY BUMPED ME OFF THE CHAIR!!!!

YOUR HAIR HAS GROWN SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BABY DOLL!!!!!!!!! I'M PROUD OF YOU SIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Progress NJ :D

U still rocking that PP, I am wearing my Delia proud :D

I love it, I don't have any of my hair out :D ahhh feels like a hairy vacation, LOL
Let's see what 6 months of my best months bring me. These are my growing months. :) then I might do it again if I am lazy enough. LOL

I just love the ease of my regimen, it allows me to enjoy my hair while still getting my protective rest time for my hair in. :)

WITH HAIR LIKE THAT, GIRL YOU NEARLY BUMPED ME OFF THE CHAIR!!!!

YOUR HAIR HAS GROWN SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BABY DOLL!!!!!!!!! I'M PROUD OF YOU SIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Grow. Hold on to your seat next time. Hopefully August will be good to me as I go hard with this growth/ps thing. Can't wait for my henna/indigo treatment!

Great Progress NJ :D

U still rocking that PP, I am wearing my Delia proud :D

I love it, I don't have any of my hair out :D ahhh feels like a hairy vacation, LOL
Let's see what 6 months of my best months bring me. These are my growing months. :) then I might do it again if I am lazy enough. LOL

I just love the ease of my regimen, it allows me to enjoy my hair while still getting my protective rest time for my hair in. :)

Thanks, JJ. I'm definitely going to stick with my PP strategy with a baggied bun beneath. Instant wl hairdo. :grin: And now that I've texlaxed my ng, the look will be easy to wash and go!

OOOOHH NJOY your hair is growing soooo nicely! WL READY OR NOT, HERE SHE COOOMMMMEEESSS!

Thanks, girlie. I'm very happy with the way that it's growing. I'm going to grow it long and then phase these layers out. WL, I'm coming fo ya! :grin:

Hmmm. Nothing exciting but, I did update my siggy pic. Texlaxed today. I'm getting some nice thickness. I'll update again after I do my first henna/indigo. It's the best I can do for now, mama. :rolleyes:

Now can I buuuuump? :grin:

Wowzer! Your hair did that in six months!? Dang that would be like a dream come true if my hair can! Nice! I know you are happy!

Here's my update:
IMG_1014.jpg

Check out my thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=488222

And I have more pic on my Fotki:
http://public.fotki.com/mEmYSELFaNDj/june-31st-2010/

Great progress everyone!

I'm going to touch up at 10 weeks this Friday. I'll post an update then.

Till then, these pics are a few weeks old - prolly 5-6 weeks post.

Attachments

• aug110 055.JPG
    aug110 055.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 44
  • aug110 056.JPG
    aug110 056.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Okay....i think my hair has thinned out or something.....my sister says it could seem like its thinner bc i flat ironed it....or i think maybe its because i haven't been using my JBCO this spring/summer.....its just so hot:nono:.

Anybody else experience this?

Njoy, Myselfandj, and OP
you have make alot of great progress, congratz
MAJ I think you're WL already :woot: let's start the party :band2: :bouncy:

Back