Waist Length in 2010

I'm going to wash & dc this week...my hair needs moisture::lick::! My ends are looking good and I hope to be full MBL by Fall. I need to be WSL by Dec. 31, 2010 @ 11:59 pm!!
:lachen::lachen:!

:lachen::lachen:
I hear you, girl. Notice the ticker in my siggy? I have my hair on a timer!

Here's my update.

I'm about .5" from WL. I'll be taking a slight break from this challenge until the end of the year. I need to focus more on hair health rather than length because of some horrible shedding and some breakage that I've been having.

I'll see you ladies at the end of the year. Good luck everyone!!

April Length

June Length (yes I did smooth the roll on the right) lol -- you can see how the bkt has worn off here. My hair is right back to being fluffy.

Here's my update.

I'm about .5" from WL. I'll be taking a slight break from this challenge until the end of the year. I need to focus more on hair health rather than length because of some horrible shedding and some breakage that I've been having.

I'll see you ladies at the end of the year. Good luck everyone!!

April Length

June Length (yes I did smooth the roll on the right) lol -- you can see how the bkt has worn off here. My hair is right back to being fluffy.

.....ummmm....to me you are very much Waist Length:yep:....not .5 but you are THERE!...:flowers:...CONGRATS!!!

Since I did a coconut/yogurt treatment on my ng and blew them out a bit, seems it's managable for now. So, if I can hang, I'm going to try to stretch another 4 weeks before my relaxer. *sigh* I vowed never to stretch but, that will only be 12 weeks. I'm sure I've done that many times out of sheer laziness. That coconut/yogurt is protein so, maybe I'll try that every 2 followed by a moisturizing dc. Who knows. If that works well enough, maybe I can hold out until September and do my next length check then. And...who knows. Maybe mbl by then? :look: Ehn! We'll see. *gulp*

Ediese, you look wl to me too. Congrats with all that gorgeous hair!! :yep:

Njoy you will definitely be MBL september. And I think you are right on track for your goal of WL by Dec. And Im right there with you, whooo whoo!!

And Ediese, OMG your hair grows so fast, I would claim WL if I were you. And by Fall you'll probably be Full WL, lucky you, go Ediese!!

Ok, I seriously need to keep my hands out of my hair and get a serious ps going. I'm threatening a weave but, I'm a little scared. I always thought weaves cause too much stress at the ends of the wefts. Anyone use weaves as a ps with success? I'd hate to do something new now when I feel like I'm on a roll but, it just seems like it would be easier to deal with instead of handling my own hair for awhile. Whaddya think? Comments please. Sure would be nice to wear a nice hairstyle for awhile. :rolleyes:

Njoy I use weaves as a protective style with no problem. And Ediese used to as well and you can see all the progress she made. Just make sure the braids arent too tight and that the tracks arent sewn down hella tight either. Because both can cause you hair loss and you dont want that. I love wearing weaves as a PS because I keep my hands out of my hair and I retain ALL of my growth. When Im out of weaves, I have severe H.I.H. disease. All bad. haha So I stay in an install.

Ok, I seriously need to keep my hands out of my hair and get a serious ps going. I'm threatening a weave but, I'm a little scared. I always thought weaves cause too much stress at the ends of the wefts. Anyone use weaves as a ps with success? I'd hate to do something new now when I feel like I'm on a roll but, it just seems like it would be easier to deal with instead of handling my own hair for awhile. Whaddya think? Comments please. Sure would be nice to wear a nice hairstyle for awhile. :rolleyes:

:sekret:....:eek2:.... Don't put that kind of stress on your hair!:wallbash: You are doing so good now..... if you must do something.... try a wig!

Ediese,

Congrats on making WL! I cant wait to see more pictures of your beautiful hair!!! What are you doing to combat the shedding???

:sekret:....:eek2:.... Don't put that kind of stress on your hair!:wallbash: You are doing so good now..... if you must do something.... try a wig!

This is so OT but I had to come out of lurking to tell you Candy. I went to the bathroom & left this thread up. When I came back to the computer, your profile page was up. My 4 year old was sitting on the floor looking guilty.

He confessed, "I clicked on Princess & the Frog." He saw your avi. I'm not so Disney educated but that isn't the right character, is it?
:lachen:

This is so OT but I had to come out of lurking to tell you Candy. I went to the bathroom & left this thread up. When I came back to the computer, your profile page was up. My 4 year old was sitting on the floor looking guilty.

He confessed, "I clicked on Princess & the Frog." He saw your avi. I'm not so Disney educated but that isn't the right character, is it?
:lachen:

I'm gonna beg you to sit your son down so he can watch THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE! LOL That's Jasmine from Aladdin! Ooh I love that movie I should watch it today!

BTW The Princess from the Princess and the Frog is black...I forgot her name though.

I've changed my regimen ladies. I'm going to be wearing braidouts everyday because it makes my weekly detanlging easier. I sure hope this doesn't cause any setbacks. I haven't had any set backs since the beginning but I've also never worn my hair out everyday. EVER. In my ENTIRE life! So we'll see....

Btw I was gonna do braids but everyone wants to charge me extra for the length of my hair and Im not paying over $200 for something unless it lasts 6 months lol

Thanks for the feedback, ladies. The weave has too many warnings and I would be the one to mess up. So, I'd better not get fancy and stay with what's been working. I can NOT afford a setback if I'm really trying to meet the WL 2010 goal.

I did a variation of the coconut/yogurt natural relaxer treatment today to deal with my ng. I feel soooo much better. And then I tried a variation of Kimmaytube's leave in conditioner. So, the co/yo treatment left my hair feeling strong and thick. I followed up with a moisturzing conditioner and then the leave in so, my hair is feeling well moisturized. I'm airdrying in six twisties and am having a really good hair day today. Ahhhh. Life is good again. (yep. I'm a drama queen. trying to keep it low key tho. Is it working? :look:)

I think I'll do this treatment weekly thru the end of this month. :yep:

Oh, and how funny about the Princess Jasmine thing. :grin: And the Princess from the Princess and the Frog is Princess Tiana.

He confessed, "I clicked on Princess & the Frog." He saw your avi. I'm not so Disney educated but that isn't the right character, is it?:lachen:

too funny...:rofl:the av is from Disney's "Aladdin" (Princess Jasmine and Aladdin hook up) :grin:

Summer Growth Where R U?

Okay I don't see my Summer Growth No where I think It's lost? :perplexed

Hmmm... I wonder if you have to spend time outside to find it? If so, I'm going to be S.O.L because I've been hiding from the heat like it's a bill collector. :lachen::lachen: I Mr. Growth Spurt finds me but I'm trying not to peek or worry. I think that's when it sneaks up on ya.

I don't feel like my hair is growing at all these days...

I'm thinking about trying a blow dryer stretched braidout for the first time this weekend. Even if I don't make WL by December, I can at least enjoy what I have, sometime...

I have to go back and read the op, but how often do we have to update?

My growth spurt is in full effect! I am 6 weeks post and I would say that I am growing at double my normal rate. It looks like I am 10-12 weeks post.
I am going to do some medium/large box braids (inspired by Domin/longhairdontcare2011) this weekend and try to keep them in for 2 weeks at a time. I feel pretty confident that I will be WL by December.

Congrats Ediese, NJoy, Taj, everybody!
We're going strong!

I have been expecting a summer growth spurt. Don't know where it went. So I am starting DE (Diatomaceous Earth) today to give myself a jump start.

i have to wait for monsoon for my spurt. it should have started last week but its late :(

whatchutalkinbout.jpg
Whatchutalkinbout Mz.MoMo?

I think the nicest thing about being relaxed was being able to evaluate my new growth. Now, I just can't tell what I have. Seem like the same as 3 months ago but I know it's growing. I'm considering a sew in since everyone wants to charge an arm and a leg for kinky twists.

Njoy I use weaves as a protective style with no problem. And Ediese used to as well and you can see all the progress she made. Just make sure the braids arent too tight and that the tracks arent sewn down hella tight either. Because both can cause you hair loss and you dont want that. I love wearing weaves as a PS because I keep my hands out of my hair and I retain ALL of my growth. When Im out of weaves, I have severe H.I.H. disease. All bad. haha So I stay in an install.

How do you take care of your hair underneath? How long do you keep your sew in in?

huh? monsoon is late!!! i've been waiting for rain and humidity but its not here... just dry heat :wallbash:

You should move over here to the midwest with me. The humidity has been horrible all summer. The humidity is 88% right now and it's still very early in the morning. Simply walking outside will cause you to break into a sweat.

You should move over here to the midwest with me. The humidity has been horrible all summer. The humidity is 88% right now and it's still very early in the morning. Simply walking outside will cause you to break into a sweat.

oh no ma'am!!! i hate the humidity lmao but my hair loves it :wallbash: i will still with the 2 months of humidity

Back