Waist Length in 2010

Hi Girls,

I know...I know I havent been in here in like months. I just know that I will not get to wl by 2010. I am discouraged and I need a trim which I will get from my sister on August 29th...WL is on my list of wants for 2010 besides a man...lol. Anyway here is my length check and my hair curly/wavy which is how I have been wearing it the majority of the summer.

Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed that I make WL.:nono:

Attachments

• hair kcc 082010.jpg
    hair kcc 082010.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 36
  • length check 08-01-2010.jpg
    length check 08-01-2010.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
Thanks but I think the pic is lying! Somehow...haven't been able to figure out why my torso looks so long in the first pic because its very short like in the second. People tease me about my short torso all the time! So I think that red line thingy is off or something.

Probably just the camera's position. First one looks like a clearer shot, but the camera is positioned over your head.

Yeah the first was taken with my cam and the second with my iphone. I'm gonna take it with my cam so I don't end up lyin to myself!

ETA: Decided to wait for the proper straightening check in September!

Last edited:
Hi Girls,

I know...I know I havent been in here in like months. I just know that I will not get to wl by 2010. I am discouraged and I need a trim which I will get from my sister on August 29th...WL is on my list of wants for 2010 besides a man...lol. Anyway here is my length check and my hair curly/wavy which is how I have been wearing it the majority of the summer.

Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed that I make WL.:nono:
your hair looks great too! and I think you can totally hit WL by the end of this year.

Coming out of :sekret: lurker mode...:grin:

Optimus Prime, Kurli-Q, and D.Lisha, Ladies your hair is looking Beautiful!:yep:

Optimus Prime you are sooooo close!
Kurli-Q you are there. I hope to see you on the HL Thread!
D.Lisha great progress!

I'm Lovin It!:yawn:

mEmYSELFaNDj - Your sigi looks like you are brushing WL! Love it! :waytogo: You may be there as well!

Keep Growing!

Last edited:
Cheering everyone on from the sidelines...

I am enjoying the progress pics of the fabulous ladies in this thread and trying to stop running to the mirror to length check . My DH caught me and busted out laughing.

I think I can make it to WSL by the end of the year, but I need to put the scissors down. I need an intervention. I threw away a pair and now I found another. What is wrong with me? I would be there by now. I think I'm obsessed with not having scraggly ends and trying to get rid of the portion of bone straight ends (texlaxed now). My ends don't look bad or as anemic against the thicker texlaxed hair as they did before.

Stepping away from the scissors now....

Feeling really disgusted with my hair right now. Just getting out of the shower. While my texlaxed hair is growing longer, it's making my wet, relaxed ends look skimpy. Add dumb-move layers and the side view of my hair looks blah. Granted, it all doesn't look so bad when my hair is dry but, I rarely see it dried. Makes me want to start trimming to get rid of these layers but, i'm too punk to cut. :sad: I guess i'm just kicking myself for getting the layers to begin with. Why didn't I come to my senses before letting that woman hack me? :wallbash: I can't help but think how thick and lush my current length would be if I hadn't been so stupid. :wallbash:

vent over. Carrt on.

hair's about 70% dry now and i'm feelinf much better about it. :blush: Must stop judging my wet rat look. That is all :look:

Um.....that first pic looks WL to me:yep:

And I LOVE your hair! You have a new stalker!

Thank you so much everyone. You guys are so encouraging cause that hair anorexia is no joke. If I hadn't learned to take pics, I'd swear I was apl.

You'll most likely be there this year. I be spyin' on you on deez hairboards :peek2: and you're pretty close.

You look WL to me. You're only stretching and your hair isn't straightened in these pics. :congrats:

Congrats, girl. You are there!!! And your hair looks :lick:

Kurli-Q, beautiful hair and congrats. You are there. :yep:

Optimus_Prime, you are so close to waist length and I love that roller set. Your hair is very beautiful and is going to look so amazing at waist length. You will definitely make it by the end of the year.

Congrats ladies. All of you are doing a great job.

OMG! I love it!! This is my goal!!! I love your hair, its awesome!!!!

OMG!!!! i love your hair and its texture!

Thanks!!! I don't think I'm there yet, but I see it everyday, so...

I wish you guys were my family, my family says that my hair looks crazy when it is out. The call me "Sideshow Bob".

I'm going to flat iron in December, so I'll be back with more pics.

<side note: is there a way to take pictures from photobucket and add them to my fotki album?>

hair's about 70% dry now and i'm feelinf much better about it. :blush: Must stop judging my wet rat look. That is all :look:

:lachen: I am the same way I am like OH NO when my hair is wet :ohwell: :perplexed :look: then when it is about 80% dry I am like :drunk: :spinning:

THanks for the boost, I didn't think the 2 inches made a difference but I see now they do, I can tell they are gone :lachen: LOL when it is done and curled it looks the same to me but when I get washed and my hair is wet and I am like :nono: something is missing.

I won't be cutting my hair for the rest of the year, only split ending for every other month. ONE pass per small section :)

Ooooh JJamiah I know I'm hella late, I didn't see this post b4! sawy!:grin:

You're welcome!
icon7.gif
I can relate in regards to realizing what you've lost, after it's gone. I recently had my stylist trim 2" off due to thin ends. I was mbl and now I'm 1/2" above bsl. No worries, it's a part of the process. I know I won't make it to wsl by the end of this yr., but I'll be back to mbl then. :woot:

Ladies have any of you gotten a growth spurt this summer? My growth rate was average. My growth spurts come during the Winter, opposite of the majority.

Ooooh JJamiah I know I'm hella late, I didn't see this post b4! sawy!:grin:

You're welcome!
icon7.gif
I can relate in regards to realizing what you've lost, after it's gone. I recently had my stylist trim 2" off due to thin ends. I was mbl and now I'm 1/2" above bsl. No worries, it's a part of the process. I know I won't make it to wsl by the end of this yr., but I'll be back to mbl then. :woot:

Awww it's okay.

See I wouldn't have been made if my ends were in need or split ,but, I just usually get a trim anyway.

But I was watching television and turned side ways, by the time I realized she was cutting I was into the show and was like Oh don't you need me straight :ohwell::ohwell: which is what she should have done before cutting so you cut me and then you cut me again! to even things out :nono:

but it's all spilled milk now, HUH!

Ladies have any of you gotten a growth spurt this summer? My growth rate was average. My growth spurts come during the Winter, opposite of the majority.

this is my time as well :D Fall and winter :D usually the last 5 months of the year, the first are when I get no growth or barely any :nono:

Everybody's progress looks great!!!

Just wanted to share that i am 15 weeks post today!!:woot:....hopefully i can post new pics in my blog for me 4 month mark next week:D....i really want my own digi cam...i'm always using my sister's.

Heck no and I'm mad about it:wallbash: Got all amped for nothin! I don't get growth spurts:nono: I get the same lame .5 inches a month.

I can't tell what my hair's doing. (Rant Alert) I'm seriously trying to adjust to this texlaxed hair (well, part texlax with bonelaxed ends). My texlaxed hair is acting like natural hair so, shrinkage is crazy and thickness (after more than 20 yrs of bonelaxing) is feeling like a hat on my head.

My hair stretches a few inches past where it hangs unstretched (and not in a cute springy, coily way either) and that's taking some getting used to. I'm trying not to measure or stretch my hair whenever I get out of the shower. I basically try to tie the edges down while wet so that it will lay flat enough for me to wear a phonytail over baggied bun. But, uh...if I don't do that daily, my hair looks like a birds nest with straight strands attached.

I really don't know what to do with this hair anymore and the 2 textures make me feel like my hair is crazy ~ Or, maybe I should say, that I'm looking crazy.

That said, I don't know what sort of growth spurt I'm getting. I will get a peek end of next month tho. I'm hoping this jungle and my frustration is worth it.

I'm thinking of braiding but, braids seem to jack my ends up (not that I'm a braid expert at all tho). *sigh* I'm bored. Frustrated. And probably need to just go wash my hair, throw on a phonytail and settle down.

Oh wait. I do love the thickness of my pocahontas braids. But the texlaxed portion is still too puffy. I have to wear a scarf and let the braids hang down below the scarf. *sigh* but I feel like Pookie and dem. :look:

Tis all. Rant over.

How's everyone doing? I have 2 inches before I can get to a pulled WL so I am protective styling EVERYDAY until Christmas! I'm gonna straighten for Christmas and HOPEFULLY I'll be surprised and be a bit past WL.

How's everyone doing? I have 2 inches before I can get to a pulled WL so I am protective styling EVERYDAY until Christmas! I'm gonna straighten for Christmas and HOPEFULLY I'll be surprised and be a bit past WL.
Im with you, im bunning until big reveal time at the end of Dec. I can't wait.

Well anyways ladies last night I DC'd using steam last night with Queen Helene cholesterol mixed with honey, grapeseed oil, evoo, wheat germ oil, and castor oil. My hair felt soo soft after that. I did a black tea rinse then moisturized with my mixture of s-curl, water, aloe vera juice. I also applied long term relationship leave in. then added jbco to my edges. And sealed my hair with evco. bunned, baggied my bun and tied my hair down with my satin scarf. (I did all this while my hair was in two plait braids) This was my first time using the Queen Helene cholesterol, suggested by shorty2sweet from youtube, this is a keeper and its cheap 80oz for $11 at Sallys, bomb. My hair feels soooooooo good this morning. Writing this it seems like I did a lot but I really didnt. This is my DC day reggie. I love it!

LaFemme, I'm loving your big hair too! :yep:

I did a henna treatment. I think that was about 6 or 7 weeks since the last one. I'm thinking about doing them monthly. I love the way my hair feels thicker and stronger afterwards. And, I think the weight of it causes my texlaxed hair to hang longer, which I like. So, eyeballing it, I think I'm making great progress and am having a ball hiding my hair with phonytails and 3/4 wigs.

Im with you, im bunning until big reveal time at the end of Dec. I can't wait.

Well anyways ladies last night I DC'd using steam last night with Queen Helene cholesterol mixed with honey, grapeseed oil, evoo, wheat germ oil, and castor oil. My hair felt soo soft after that. I did a black tea rinse then moisturized with my mixture of s-curl, water, aloe vera juice. I also applied long term relationship leave in. then added jbco to my edges. And sealed my hair with evco. bunned, baggied my bun and tied my hair down with my satin scarf. (I did all this while my hair was in two plait braids) This was my first time using the Queen Helene cholesterol, suggested by shorty2sweet from youtube, this is a keeper and its cheap 80oz for $11 at Sallys, bomb. My hair feels soooooooo good this morning. Writing this it seems like I did a lot but I really didnt. This is my DC day reggie. I love it!

good job hun!

but how did you do all of that in braids? ( for example, was it more difficult to rinse out the dc, etc...)

thanks!

good job hun!

but how did you do all of that in braids? ( for example, was it more difficult to rinse out the dc, etc...)

thanks!

No it wasnt difficult at all. It was wayy easier to do everything while it was in those braids. im going to see how long I can keep doing my hair this way while using the same two braids and bun method. Oh and it all rinsed out easily, plus i told myself if any was left in my hair then so be it, it couldnt hurt.

^^^^

thank you! this is a great idea for those chelating/clarifying moments, too!

i can't wait to try it as i imagine it keeps the hair from getting too tangled up, as well!

you're right, a little extra conditioner in the braid is never a bad thing, lol!

ok, i'm back to lurking mode...no more butting in on a challenge i'm not in.....LOL!

Back